Hi - I'm Looking for 4 Situational BM Macros

Hi,

I’m looking for 4 situational macros (rather than an all-in-one macro).

Level 100 BM Spec 3,1,2,2,1,1,3

MACRO BUTTON 1. A BASE DPS macro that uses Bestial Wrath, Murder of Crows, Dire Beast, Kill Command, Arcane Shot and Cobra Shot when available. I don’t want to put Kill Shot or Focus Fire in this rotation - I’ll use them independently since they are situational and I want 5 stacks of FF.

MACRO BUTTON 2. A Bestial Wrath, Kill Shot, Kill Command Macro that cancels out any other current casting and then resumes auto attack. (I’d only use this at < 20% of course, then back up to MACRO 1) I tossed KC in here because I don’t want to miss it if it comes up during KS. I also want to time using BW with KC and KS whenever possible.

MACRO BUTTON 3. A Focus Fire macro that cancels out any other current casting and then resumes auto attack. I’d use this at 5 stacks only. I would not spam this. Just one click. Might not even need a macro for it?

MACRO BUTTON 4. An AoE macro, used mostly on trash packs, that uses Bestial Wrath, Multistrike, Kill Command, Glaive Toss and Cobra Shot to regen focus.

I’m not very code-fluent, so if anyone can throw these together for me, I’d appreciate it! I figure if I can just narrow down my button selection to just 4 primary attack Macros, I’m good to go.

Thanks.

Howdy.

First off, I’d suggest using Gnome Sequencer, yes I’m Bias’d due to liking it’s functionality for simple things, but hey it works relatively well.

In regards to your macros, the Focus fire one is quite easily done

Focus Fire

#showtooltip
/stopcasting
/stopcasting
/cast Focus Fire

If I’ve actually used the right thing to stop attacking, this should stop what you’re doing and cast focus fire. It will not re-start your auto attacks nor will it stop your pet from attacking, Main reason being your macros that actually attack will have a /startattack function, so there’s no real reason for you to have /startattack in there since you’ll go right back to DPSing. Although for the sake if it, just add /startattack to the end if you REALLY want to. it’s not needed.

Actually looking at your other requests, you seem to mention stop auto-attacking quite a lot, not sure if you know but Auto Attacks don’t interfere with casting any abilities, so having it stop auto-attacking to Kill Shot / Kill command is a waste, ANYWHO.

If you don’t use Gnome Sequencer from here on out this will be useless to you, as I’m not very good at making consistent standard macros in WoW. But if you do, I’ll put the other 3 below, I’d suggest you do check out Gnome Sequencer (you can find the link in my MM thread, or a few others scattered about).

Macro 1

Sequences['DPS'] = {
PreMacro = [[
--/targetenemy [noharm][dead] --Remove the -- before if you want the macro to auto-target an enemy
/startattack   
/petattack [@target,harm] --This makes your pet attack the target
--/cast [@pet] Misdirection --Once again, remove this if you want to auto-cast Misdirect on your Pet.
]],
'/cast [combat] Bestial Wrath',
'/cast A Murder of Crows',
'/cast Kill Command',
'/cast Dire Beast',
--'/cast Glaive Toss', --Put this here as a suggestion, Glaive toss is a DPS increase all the time, even on ST.
'/cast Arcane Shot',
'/cast Cobra Shot',
}

This should cast Bestial Wrath while in combat, and cycle through AMoC, DB, KC, AS and CS. I added Glaive toss if you wish to have that due to it always being a good idea to cast it, it’s not just an AoE skill.

Do note that KC comes before DB due to how the macro would run after the initial start. Having KC before Arcane shot causes weird issues where it will never Arcane Shot after a KC if you have the mana due to it being past the GCD (this does ofc depend how quickly you press it so…)

Macro 2

Sequences['Kill'] = {
PreMacro = [[
--/targetenemy [noharm][dead] --Remove the -- before if you want the macro to auto-target an enemy
/startattack   
--/cast [@pet] Misdirection --Once again, remove this if you want to auto-cast Misdirect on your Pet.
]],
'/cast Kill Shot',
'/cast Kill Command',
}

This is your simple killshot one you wanted, not to hard to do so.

Macro 4

Sequences['AoE'] = {
PreMacro = [[
/startattack   
]],
--'/cast A Murder of Crows',
'/cast Kill Command',
--'/cast Dire Beast',
'/cast Glaive Toss', --Put this here as a suggestion, Glaive toss is a DPS increase all the time, even on ST.
'/cast Multi-Shot',
'/cast Cobra Shot',
}

For this one, I’ve also left in some suggestions again, I’d seriosuly suggest using /targetenemy due to it being for Trash mobs. AMoC does really well on trash mobs due to it’s CD being reset if you kill a target, so there’s the option for that, aswell as Dire Beast not really interfering with your stuff, but that’s optional.

As I stated, if you want to use these you’ll need the Addon Gnome Sequencer, it’s simple enough to setup and understand aslong as you don’t just think it’ll just set itself up by bashing your head off the keyboard (and lord knows do we get a lot of those).

Wow, thank you very much!

I tried Gnomesequencer last night and it was working GREAT - for about 5 minutes.

Then I got booted from the game. I logged back in thinking I was spamming the button too fast (too many actions/click = the game auto-boots you), so I tried to just click it every 2 seconds, but I kept getting booted from the game.

That’s why I gave up and decided to just try the basic macros I mentioned in the OP.

Is there a way to not get booted from the game with Gnomesequencer?

Well, I actually don’t want to stop auto-attacking.

I want to interrupt the channeled stuff like Cobra Shot, so I can get off the Instants like KS faster. If I’m in the middle of a Cobra Shot casting, I want to be able to cancel it and immediately and go into the Kill Shot macro.

I think I meant to say “stop casting”?

Actually, now that I think about it - putting a “stopcasting” in the Kill Shot macro above would probably mess up the Cobra Shot casting that’s in the macro, causing a hiccup along the way. I think I might just use a basic Kill Shot standalone Macro, lek that Focus Fire one you posted above, to prevent any conflicts.

Thanks for all the advice too! I’ll use your tips and see how it goes tonight!

—That is if I don’t keep getting booted from the game. I’m thinking the original Macro I used with Gnomesequencer may have been flawed or it was getting conflicted with SuperDuperMacro. I’ll test it all out again tonight.

Thanks again!