How to change the use of gse for other versions of the game? (3.3.5a, cataclysm, pandaria)

I want to play cataclysm, lich 3.3.5a and pandaria on private servers, I am a programmer, I would like to know what things I should edit in the gse to adapt it to those versions of the game? What folder is the source code in?

Good luck. GSE depends on API’s and libraries that are not present in those versions of the game.

1 Like

Also, in other posts Timothy does and will not support anything to do with private servers. As does the mods and owner of this site. This is something you will have to figure out yourself.

1 Like

I mean, it’s not just changing the source code, but also the libraries?

swap bar macros… and use a macro extender to 255 characters like macro toolkit etc. There is tons of information out there on how to make swapbar macros and its really simple in the end. Time to go oldschool … Im sure a few of us old timers can remember building those :slight_smile:

you might even get lucky finding a legacy version of Simplerotation out there still :slight_smile:

Is that to be able to use the GSE in versions like cataclysm on a pirate server???

no they are an entirely different beast and way of making macros on older clients. no GSE im afraid

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=target/combat Cobra Shot, Cobra Shot, Kill Command, Serpent Sting
/swapactionbar 1 2

#showtooltip
/cast (spell)
/swapactionbar 2 3

#showtooltip
/cast (spell)
/swapactionbar 3 1

as example ( if memory serves me ) on bar 1 you will have the first macro … then when you click that button it will change your bar to 2 … on bar 2 you will have second macro and clicking again will swap it to bar 3 and clicking again will change it back to bar 1 … rinse and repeat

And what does that have to do with the purpose of the topic???

ok conversation is done, min you get rude when someone is trying to help you.

3 Likes