Legion 7.0.3 GS-E Prot Warrior PvE One Button Macro Questing & Dungeon Tanking

One last question regarding the last version of the macro, if I continue to hold ALT, will it cast everything else in the macro or just devastate? or can I keep it held down and everything else will cast including devastate and roar?

[quote quote=33277]One last question regarding the last version of the macro, if I continue to hold ALT, will it cast everything else in the macro or just devastate? or can I keep it held down and everything else will cast including devastate and roar?
[/quote]

You can hold it down and it will still cast everything else, I just use it when I notice a couple of auto attacks in a row while everything is on cooldown :slight_smile:

Hey! This seems awesome. Is there any way I can make this work with Vengeance? (half cost Ignore Pain/Focused Rage when they are alternated). As in make it always alternate IF ignore pain is already up.

I would also like to remove things like Demo-shout, Shockwave, Neltharions.

I also immagine that a version, or a modifyer-version for AOE packs should differ from single target, as the use-priorities are different. On AOE revenge is prioritized over shield slam and thunder clap is used. On single target fights shield slam>revenge, and thunderclap isn’t used.

Basically what I think would be good is a macro that just automates the use of all the “no-brainer” stuff, but still lets us decide when to use cooldowns that fit in certain times of a pull or on certain times at bosses.

[quote quote=33284]Hey! This seems awesome. Is there any way I can make this work with Vengeance? (half cost Ignore Pain/Focused Rage when they are alternated). As in make it always alternate IF ignore pain is already up.
I would also like to remove things like Demo-shout, Shockwave, Neltharions.
I also immagine that a version, or a modifyer-version for AOE packs should differ from single target, as the use-priorities are different. On AOE revenge is prioritized over shield slam and thunder clap is used. On single target fights shield slam>revenge, and thunderclap isn’t used.
Basically what I think would be good is a macro that just automates the use of all the “no-brainer” stuff, but still lets us decide when to use cooldowns that fit in certain times of a pull or on certain times at bosses.
[/quote]

The best way to do that would just be to put the cooldowns on the bar and then add a modifier for Focused Rage when you see that you have Ignore Pain up. The way the macros work there is really no way to automate the use of FR whenever you have IP up or vise versa unfortunately :stuck_out_tongue: You can definitely just remove the skills that you would rather use yourself on the bar though and then switch up the talent for Vengeance but it will be a DPS drop. I know DPS is not the focus of a tank but for leveling purposes it is still nice to have higher damage output. Once doing Heroics and Mythics at 110 though having the lower rage cost of IP and FR is nice. That is what I used to run pre-launch during the pre-patch.

Do you think that this macro can be used in raids when they are released? Also, what are the recomended talents for the macro?

[quote quote=33339]Do you think that this macro can be used in raids when they are released? Also, what are the recomended talents for the macro?
[/quote]

It could be used in raids but I would definitely run it with Shockwave, Impending Victory and Demoralizing Shout on modifiers or on the toolbar themselves for use when needed. The recommended talents are at the top of the macro in the section labeled “Talents” within the macro itself :slight_smile: But the talents are 1,1,2,3,3,2,2 for this macro.

Enjoy!

Sorry for the no0b question here…
First… what is the interval for the spaming key? my keyboard is on auto 150ms.
And second i dont need to put one and other in diferent macros just one with the shift or ALT???
about Shockwave, Impending Victory and Demoralizing Shout i out them separated to raids?

what does the reset command do in the macro out of curiosity?

[quote quote=33347]Sorry for the no0b question here… First… what is the interval for the spaming key? my keyboard is on auto 150ms. And second i dont need to put one and other in diferent macros just one with the shift or ALT??? about Shockwave, Impending Victory and Demoralizing Shout i out them separated to raids?
[/quote]

You can just use one or the other of the macros, just whichever suits you best :slight_smile: The interval that your keyboard is set at with 150ms should work just fine. If 150ms (0.15) doesn’t seem to be right for you then you can try lowering it to 75ms (0.075) and see if the difference improves performance.

[quote quote=33356]what does the reset command do in the macro out of curiosity?
[/quote]

It tells the macro how long until that skill comes back off of cooldown so that it doesn’t attempt to use that skill again for that period of time :slight_smile:

Anyone have a link to the guide to adding in player macros? Tried copy past but no luck. I know this has come up many times I just can’t seem to find the answers.

Can you think of a reason that blood fury (I am an orc), intercept, and neltharion’s fury will never go off for me? Everything else goes off fine, but those 3 spells never cast for me. The macro works amazingly well even without those spells, but it would be even better if they worked too. I have the macro in exactly as you posted it at the top of the thread.

Nevermind, I figured it out. I’m a dummy :slight_smile:

Ugh been at it for 5 hrs and still can’t make this work. I did discover the my macro addon though.

The premacro works but nothing after that.

@vfgt

Ugh been at it for 5 hrs and still can’t make this work. I did discover the my macro addon though.

The premacro works but nothing after that.

In order to add macros in you would need to go into your World of Warcraft install folder then navigate to Interface>Addons>GS-myMacros>(Class Macro File). You should use Notepad++ to open the file and then paste the macro into that file and save.

Sorry it took so long to answer, I have been off for a couple of days and just got back :slight_smile:

Aside from the macro waiting on cooldowns, im noticing that my only other issue is how often revenge isnt being prioritized leading to significant dps loss. Any way to fix that?

Also, how rapidly should I have the macro be going off. currently using .2s and it could be causing the macro to skip due to gcd.

@DM0X it works fine for me, you might be lagging or have latency issues.

[quote quote=33834]Aside from the macro waiting on cooldowns, im noticing that my only other issue is how often revenge isnt being prioritized leading to significant dps loss. Any way to fix that?
Also, how rapidly should I have the macro be going off. currently using .2s and it could be causing the macro to skip due to gcd.
[/quote]

I’m not sure what may be causing revenge to not prioritize, I haven’t seen that happening when I use it. I currently run it on a 0.25 myself.

sorry to be off topic but what do you use to do your auto clicking or press im using auto script but looking for something else

[quote quote=33861]sorry to be off topic but what do you use to do your auto clicking or press im using auto script but looking for something else
[/quote] Synapse