šŸŗ Deadly Hunters Lonewolf MM 9.2 ST & AOE - UPDATED 3/16

Chuck this into the pre:

/castsequence [nochanneling:rapid fire,talent:2/3,exists] reset=combat Explosive Shot

If youā€™re pulling with the macro and not a pre-pull one put it after your first aimed shot so that goes off first

do you have a good pre pull macro?

Iā€™ve found myself to be autoshotting every so often, as if itā€™s missing a cast or something.

Using the edited one that Shirk provided.
iLevel 212
1,1,x,2,x,3,2 Talents
Unbuffed
Sim DPS ST: 4k
Macro DPS ST: 3.5k

I suspect youā€™d do better on the original than mine but a comparison would be appreciated. At your ilvl that dps seems low on sim however. What legendary are you using out of interest?

At 206 ilvl with Serpantstalkers, sim settings: 5 mins, Target dummy, no buffs and no oil I get 3839 with a 184 bow and haste stacked gear (just switched from BM). I feel like yours should be higher.

The pain at running Spires 20+ times at +10 and up and clearing raid at HC twice but still using a bow I got in week 1 is tremendous :smile:

Do a 5 min sim and then hit the dummy ensuring you cast off your wild spirits and trueshot on cooldown and then compare your autoshots against your details log and see if there are too many. Troubleshoot until you can shoot!

I donā€™t unfortunately, Iā€™ve been messing around with one but Iā€™d appreciate if someone more experienced could come along and tell us how to ensure the abilities go off in the right order. Iā€™ve been messing around with click pauses and am getting close but at times they still fire off in the wrong order.

I stress again, Iā€™m still very new to this and just blindly writing macros, reading other threads on the site and trying to work things out.

@Deezyl_Fizzlepop could you help us out?

Hello!

Havenā€™t tested out the macro or even imported it yet so lemme log on to take a quick look.

Ok, a quick glance:

The macro is way too long, IMO. All the lines in Sequence are unnecessary since we as MM are a GCD locked class since Shadowlands and firing this at such fast speeds (100 ms?) itā€™s more than likely skipping stuff (with short two minutes test it is skipping). Iā€™d slow it down to around 200 ms or 100 ms up and 100 ms down if youā€™re using Razer Synapse like me. Canā€™t help anyone using any other software cause Iā€™m not experienced with them.

ā€œ/castsequence xxxā€ is unreliable and broken with a lot of spells/abilities in one single line and if there is that with a lot of them in the body of the macro then more than likely thatā€™s not helping the case as to skipping spells, too. In my personal testing of my own macros for BM and MMā€™s I believe itā€™s better to have LESS spells and abilities fire off from what Iā€™ve seen numbers-wise.

ā€œ[nochanneling:rapid fire]ā€ is redundant.

/castsequence [nochanneling] Aimed Shot, Chimaera Shot
/castsequence [nochanneling] xxx
/cast [nochanneling] xxx
this will all work just fine and not interrupt Rapid Fire.

Iā€™d change
/cast [nochanneling:rapid fire] Kill Shot
to
/cast Kill Shot
and put this in KeyRelease along with the other Kill Shots being where they are as is.

If you do go a much shorter spells/ abilities route then change the Step Function to Priority List instead of Sequential.

In my macros I have a Tab for WQā€™s/dallies/PvP that include an opener/burst which I put into the PreMacro section ONLY with a Inner Loop Limit set at 2 and Tab 2 for everything without an opener/burst (separate key).

I am NOT gonna post an edited version Macro of what everything I just said because Iā€™d like people to learn how to edit GSE and see how it works.

If thereā€™s some individuals out there that want to take these macros that @vince-orlando and @Shirk have done that worked hard by putting in a bunch of time and effort then click here: Guide: macros, WoW, you and more in my post to maybe help YOU.

1 Like

Thank you my man, I read your guide as my first thread when I signed up the to site. It was very helpful.

Points taken:

• Stay away from castsequences and try to use single casts
  • nochannel:rapidfire came from other macros and I was literally just looking at that and thinking the rapid part was redundant, I will remove it now.
  • When removing bloat priority is best, makes sense because there are certain things you want firing off more than others

This is helpful thank you, I experimented with where to put it all and worked out this one myself yesterday, everything in my opener is single /cast but still skipping, I started at 220ms and worked down to 100 but was still experiencing skipping on sequential. Iā€™ll eventually figure it out Iā€™m sure.

Final questions if you donā€™t mind:

Do you use /click pause at all to force lines to fire in order on say your pre section?

For AOE, any tips? It seems simple enough that you want a multi and then either aimed or rapid but things get pretty jumbled and I often find my rapid going off without a multi buff. Perhaps this is the castsequence letting me down? Iā€™ve not messed with aoe much and am using the original from this thread. Priority with multi at the top?

1 Like

Youā€™re not gonna figure it out. Blizz will not fix the /castsequence bug thatā€™s been around for a while.

Nope.

I only have Double Tap, Wild Spirits and Trueshot as my opener/burst and my Weak Aura (obviously) shows me the duration of all of them and when theyā€™re coming off CD plus an audible cue on when Double Tap is available to use.

sigh Unfortunately, thatā€™s much harder to get AoE (for three or more mobs only. If thereā€™s only two then the ST macro with Chimaera Shot is fine) to work due to the timings of Trick Shot, Aimed Shot and Rapid Fire. Iā€™ve tried and tried, too.
(PS: Arcane Shot gets replaced by Multi-Shot for those that want to make one)

Yes, Priority with AoE is what I use. But try Sequential a few times to see if thereā€™s any difference.

I experimented with Volley (ST and AoE) in Dungeons/Raid and itā€™s awesome to use but most hurpadurp Tanks cannot seem to keep mobs in one place for it to be really effective (Donā€™t get me started with Wild Spirits). WQā€™s, dallies and such itā€™s works great! So use Volley at your own risk (if Talented):
/cast [talent:7/3] Volley

1 Like

Using the Serpent Sting legendary, 5 mins on target dummy with no buffs sim.

if I play the class manually, which murders my hands on raid nights, I can do 3.8-3.9k while standing still.

Just sat for 5 minutes infront of the dummy using Lonewolfā€™s original macro, sitting at around 3.8-4k dps, without moving of course and unbuffed, so maybe itā€™s just my imagination that Iā€™m seeing a spell not cast. I did recently update my UI to have a more visual global cooldown for when I play manually to properly learn my class.

210iLevel Equipped 212 Equipabble.
1,1,x,2,x,3,2
Running at 100ms

I generally just do aoe manually because I have weak auras that track all the procs, or use a macro that someone has since deleted from these forums.

There you go. Try slowing it down.

Well you see, I simmed 4k and itā€™s running near enough to 4k so I donā€™t know if thatā€™ll improve it anymore than it already does, since a sim is 100% perfect dps with 0 human error.

Not to derail the thread but do you know the consequences that Blizzard will do to you to you IF youā€™re caught emulating inhumanly fast button presses? Just slow it down. Please?

@Yorsgr

Also, I see youā€™re using the Streamline Talent for ST. Try simming with Chimaera Shot-it should go up.

Steady Focus if Talented would be optimal in a macro for ST but that has to go on a separate key or modded to get two of them to go off one after another.

But Explosive Shot and Volley (Chimaera Shot works well, too) are used for most Bosses in CN/Dungeons/Torghast, etc. Youā€™re only gimping yourself on purely true ST fights.

I moved my findings after mucking around onto a separate thread because this is turning into a bit of a hijack and the new macro is super simple haha.

Pretty good, thank you :+1:

This is a brilliant macro for my alt (I normally heal main and tank on a DH) - so this suits me down to the ground. Moving through HC into M into M+ it still works well, and puts me well up there in DPSā€¦ the rest is down to individual players.

Thank you!!

1 Like

Of course :slight_smile: Glad it works well for ya!

Hi @vince-orlando thank you very much for your contribution, itā€™s a stunning job for all of us :slight_smile:
I use your macro and my performance are quite good.
A question:

Why use

/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=combat Spell Name

instead of

/cast [nochanneling] Spell Name

Whatā€™s the difference?

Second question:

Why donā€™t use priority in AoE version instead of sequential one?
Have you done some experiment on sequential version or never tried so?

Again, thank you for your work and sorry for my weak eng :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looking too for this 2 answers please, if someone can help, it will be appreciated.

but u did not ask a question

These two questions i mean