Macro priorities and sequence in GnomeSequencer

Hi ppl,

2 quick questions:

1. Does clicking a macro too quickly (as in, before the GCD is over) cause it to cycle through spells without activating them? Does it simply skip over spells during the GCD?

2. Does GS prioritize the ‘Pre-Macro’ and ‘Post-Macro’ sequence before the main section? For example, when I click this macro 3 times:

Sequences[‘Sample_Macro’] = {
specID = 253,
author = “Centaurette”,
helpTxt = ”This is a test”,
icon=”INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK”,
StepFunction = GSStaticPriority,
PreMacro = [[
/cast Spell_A
]],
‘/cast Spell_B’,
PostMacro = [[
/cast Spell_C
]],
}

In this instance - is the sequence Spell_A, Spell_C then Spell_B?

My knowledge of GSE is very limited and in my opinion the older GS (Not Enhanced) fires off smoother and faster, that said I’ve wondered some of these same things, though so far as I have tested when something is on GCD it simply skips over it to repeat in another rotation when it is not on CD, as for post and pre macros, pre macros will always go off before your core macros and post maco will follow up the core macros so by line is goes something like:

Pre-macro
/1
/2
Core
/3,/4,/5 (In case of macro /castsequence)
/6
post macro
/7
/8

after /8 it starts back at /1

This is only how I see it and may not be correct

GSE GSStaticPriority is the same as the +1 priority stepfunction in the GS version I believe

OK Two parts. Everytime you press a key irrespective of the step function GS-E will move on to the next line. The step function will determine which line is the next line. If you are on Global Cooldown, casting anotehr spell, doing anything it will move on. It will attempt the next line irrespective of success then at next hit move on.

Part 2 - Pre and Post macro and for actions that ARE NOT on the GCD but you want to occur every key press. From your example it will attempt to do this:

/cast Spell_A
/cast Spell_B
/cast Spell_C

simultaneously. The step function will do nothing as there is only one line in the macro - line B

For more information see:

This is completely incorrect on every level.

Premacro=[[
/1
/2]]
‘/3’
‘/castsequence 4,5’,
‘/6’
postmacro={
/7
/8}

becomes:
First Click
/1
/2
/3
/7
/8

Second Click
/1
/2
/4
/7
/8

Third Click
/1
/2
/6
/7
/8

Forth CLick
/1
/2
/3
/7
/8

Fifth Click - Assuming that in second click /4 worked otherwise the /5 is a /4 still
/1
/2
/5
/7
/8

Sixth Click
/1
/2
/6
/7
/8

The premacro is prepended to every click and post macro is appended to every click. If anyone one of those spells is on the GCD it will lock out the rest of the actions on that click.

I learned something here today

Still dont get it lol…

Are we meant to spam this, or slow down and press accordingly to GCD ?

PS. Yes i new.

1 Like