Macros have worked amazing until today. Any help would be appreciated(SOLVED)

Hello everyone, been awhile since I’ve posted since everything has been running so smoothly but today I noticed that the Hunter macros I use from several different writers acts as it is supposed to in open world content but as soon as I hit mythic or any kind of dungeon or raid or even Torghast it seems to constantly cast Hunters Mark over and over and causes my toon to do some crazy animations, I’ve been using most of these macro’s since its been posted months ago and had not ran into this until today, It is also doing it with many of the other Hunter Macros in all specs. I’ve tried messing with the MS to see if that was the problem but that wouldn’t make sense if its working fine in open world but not in dungeon or raid content. anyone have any suggestions on a possible fix maybe? I’ve tried deleting the macro and importing them again, I’ve tried reinstalling GSE and nothing seems to help. Its weird that its worked flawlessly for weeks but today something is just different I guess lol any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks again.

Open /gse go to options and macro reset press clear keybindings and restart game.

I keep my keybindings clear with GSE but still nothing. Im just trying to figure out what has changed from last night to today lol but thank you @levend62

So I have found the problem and it has been fixed, the issue was a PvP addon called RETabBinder. this addon helps you from tab cycling to a NPC or the opponents pet, as soon as I removed this addon it went right back to normal and I now completely understand why the two addons wouldn’t work to well together. again I appreciated the suggestion!

This is a shocker. Shocker I say when one addon “stops working” all the sudden.

The rule of thumb since the beginning of addons “not working” is to disable all addons except the one causing problems to see if that’s the culprit.

If it works fine then use it and enable each other addon one by one to see if there’s a conflict-I know it takes a while (been there done that).

If you boys, girls and everything between did that then there would be less posts on why GSE “no worky” after the above method hasn’t worked and the problem was posted on Timothy Luke’s GitHub page so he can troubleshoot it.

Just 'sayin.

Nothing wrong in asking because someone might have had the same problem. Thought forums were for this sort of thing. It’s beginning to sound like you tube someone askes a question and they cop it left right and centre.
It’s this sort of commends that makes people like me afraid to ask anything because the state of health isn’t the best and can quickly escalate things just saying.

1 Like

Troubleshooting on Troubleshooting thread… go figure, all I see you do is complain on the forums and belittle people, litterally countless posts ive seen you chime your BS 2 cents. no one cares who you are or what you know, get bent. but thanks for your nonsense…
Just 'sayin.

1 Like

Yeah you can find countless threads of this dude being a ass hat to people. he thinks because he’s a “regular” that its ok… but in all honesty I’ve talked to many people that just don’t care for this dude and he’s ran people off the forums and makes it tense to where people don’t even want to bother with asking questions. and people I mean family that also uses GSE

1 Like

Grats on the solve. It’s not an addon I’ve used so wouldn’t have thought of it. I would have asked “what changed since yesterday?”

When weird stuff like this happens out of nowhere, It’s always an update to an addon, a new addon or a piece of gear like a trinket. The annoying part, specially with mod updates just doing things, is remembering which.

1 Like

Thank you, hehe I was doing everything I could and then I remembered that I had hit the Update Addons button and it updated only a handful of my addons and right after that is when I was was witnessing the problem. I first just spammed the macro without being on top of a mob to see what it was actually doing, I don’t think it was spamming hunters mark but what it seemed to be doing was causing my pet to attack and then automatically would come back to me and and would attack and then pull back quickly again so what I was thinking that the Addon ReTabBinder helps prevent you from attacking certain things so it might be messing with the targeting part of the macro if that makes sense? lol so decided to shut off each of those updated addons one by one to see if it helped and sure thing as soon as I unchecked that addon it was back to working. I dunno if it was because of what the addon did or like you were saying that update is what caused the issue but I’m leaning more towards what you were saying and that update on that addon is what changed things, so now I know to pay more attention to what addons I update haha, at first I was getting annoyed with not being able to figure it out and then soon realized I was enjoying trying to figure out what went wrong but if anyone runs into a issue like this and comes across this hopefully it will help them haha sorry for the huge reply XD

1 Like