Marksman Hunter Patch 6.2.3 (16/2/'16)

Hey Tim,

I know you took out Powershot to the Pre and Thrill macro’s but why isn’t there Barrage or Glaive Toss in it to replace Powershot? Seems like it’s missing a level 90 Talent.

[quote quote=26000]Hey Tim,
I know you took out Powershot to the Pre and Thrill macro’s but why isn’t there Barrage or Glaive Toss in it to replace Powershot? Seems like it’s missing a level 90 Talent.
[/quote]

Dear MysticalNyte,

Thats what I use MmMultiKey for. You don’t want to fire of a lvl 90 talent all the time.
It’s not good for your DPS.

Cheers,

Tim Roeleveld
Ðarkramz

Dear Tim,
after we talked in game i have just registered an account first of all to thank you for sharing your great macros with us. I have to say that Tim is a gentleman. About your macros, definitely the removal of talent 90 from original macros caused a dps increase around 5-7k especially in training dummies. I agree with you that Multi-Shot is like focus waste. I was just wondering if there is any way to add everything that you describe in AoE situation in your MmMultiKey macro. Thank you one more time.

Hey Obgyn,

Thanks for Sharing your opinion and the gently words about me.

Its good the hear that the changes in the macro worked out really well.
I’d hope that more people are going to try this macro and find out that playing with this macro can also be used for end content raiding on mythic.
A 5 to 7k dps increase on a trainingsdummie is huge Obgyn!

Cheers and goodluck,

Tim Roeleveld
Ðarkramz

Hey there. WHy is it you dont have Glaive toss or murder of crows in your single target rotation?

Thanks for the good work!

Hi Tim,

Thanks once again for the good work. I added you in game with Battle.net Vinh408#1893.

regards,

Vinh

Hey dude. Im a little bit confused with GS as I am new to it. Do you just spam click or do you have to actually control how fast you click?

Just so you know an exclamation mark (!) is a toggle switch to prevent toggle abilities (set trap, stealth, shoot, mind flay etc) from being retoggled on/of after initially toggling them. ! in front of an ability/spell does nothing, it simply works against spells that if you clicked them a second time it would turn off the aura/ability.

Another special example that doesn’t fit into the normal toggle is the shadow priest ability mind flay. Should you not have an ! before it in a macro and spam the macro, it would continually start the channeling of mind flay over again. Putting an ! in front of mindflay will make it only cast while not already channeling.

Essentially it is a toggle condition only and nothing to do with priority or gcd control

A lot of people get that confused using ! but I hope this clears it up.

This link also explains it more

[quote quote=26140]Hey dude. Im a little bit confused with GS as I am new to it. Do you just spam click or do you have to actually control how fast you click?
[/quote]

Hey Kevin,

I use this with spam keys --> keep them pressed.
I use Autohotkey for it.

And a big thanks to Lonny for the information, I thought it was to prio some spells when they came of cooldown

Cheers,

Tim Roeleveld

tim,

got my hunter to 710 i lvl and this macro is amazing i dont really use the macro for the level 90 talent i just use the spell on its own when needed and get amazing results thanks for the hard work

[quote quote=26393]tim,
got my hunter to 710 i lvl and this macro is amazing i dont really use the macro for the level 90 talent i just use the spell on its own when needed and get amazing results thanks for the hard work
[/quote]

Dear Tyler,

Thanks for the amazing words about the macro!
It feel good the hear how good this macro is working for you, keep that dps going and have fun!

That MmMultiKey = Only to make sure it fires whenever it is needed.
If you like to play with the spell its own, just keep doing that.
Whatever feels best for you works best!

Cheers,

Ðarkramz
Tim Roeleveld

tim 2 questions

with your updated macro is it better to have barrage in the pre macro i thought it was a waste of focus to use barrage unless you have multiple target?
and
have you played around with focusing shot at all im finding it may be useful to have a pet sometimes for say needing a lust?

macro looks great always works for me im top damage in my guild

[quote quote=26810]tim 2 questions
with your updated macro is it better to have barrage in the pre macro i thought it was a waste of focus to use barrage unless you have multiple target? and have you played around with focusing shot at all im finding it may be useful to have a pet sometimes for say needing a lust?
macro looks great always works for me im top damage in my guild
[/quote]

Hey Tyler,

Barrage has prio above 50 focus aimed shot, that’s why I placed it in the pre macro.
Powershot is quite good, but tanks were complaining about pushbacks.
A wayste of focus is Multi-Shot.
I never use a pet, even not when I am doing tanaan dailies.
Thanks for the good works about the macro and the questions.

Cheers,

Tim Roeleveld

hey tim,

could you post the macro you made with powershot i dont care about pissing my tanks off i would like to try it out

Tim Roeleveld Why do you have Pet Attack in your macro? We are MM with LW no pets. Other than that great work :slight_smile:
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/petattack
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
]],
}

[quote quote=27046]Tim Roeleveld Why do you have Pet Attack in your macro? We are MM with LW no pets. Other than that great work :) PostMacro = [[ /startattack /petattack /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear() ]], }
[/quote]

Hey Ron,

I have it in the macro in case I need a pet to tank something.
Thanks, good to hear you like the macro!

Cheers and have fun,
(Happy New Year and a healty 2016!)

Tim Roeleveld

Question for you Tim, I have an Orc as my Hunter, where should I put his racial Blood Fury? In the pre or post part of the macro?? Or???

[quote quote=27108]Question for you Tim, I have an Orc as my Hunter, where should I put his racial Blood Fury? In the pre or post part of the macro?? Or???
[/quote]

I see a lot of people doing it in the post-part, but you can also do it in the pre-part.
The only difference is if it gets used before the cast or after the cast of a spell.

Cheers and have fun,

Tim Roeleveld

!

I’m curious where would you fit A Murder of Crows in the macro cuz I use that talent.

Edit: In both the ST and AoE.