Marksmanship – 5.0

Thanks guys and Michael Lynch for providing a temporary one :slight_smile:

Let me know if you guys like it and have fun with it. If you can improve it please make a post.

/startattack
/cast Aimed Shot!
/castsequence reset=target Serpent Sting,null
/castsequence Steady Shot,
/castsequence Chimera Shot,Arcane Shot, Arcane Shot, Glaive Toss, Dire Beast, Chimera Shot, Chimera Shot
/cast Kill Shot
/use 13
/use 14

UPDATED October 5, 2012: Thanks Michael for improving the macro. Rotation was changed to prevent lock ups and use of modifiers. Cooldowns were removed. Will post another one with cooldowns soon.

kill shot doesn’t seem to work.

Hi Derp,

Let me take a look in game at my MM one. I think mine which is a modified 4.3 gets Kill Shot to work. I’ll post that it might be different than the one above.

I can confirm that Kill Shot does not cast. This one works with Kill Shot, DPS will be lower though.

/startattack
/castsequence reset=target Serpent Sting,Hunter’s Mark,null
/castsequence Steady Shot
/castsequence Chimera Shot,Arcane Shot, Dire Beast
/castsequence reset=120 Rapid Fire,Readiness,Chimera Shot,Chimera Shot,Rapid Fire, A Murder of Crows
/cast Kill Shot

As far as I can tell about macros on the blue threads no longer can one have multiple /castsequences in the same macro, Aslo certain spells have been designed to block macro function effecting the over all global good down to keep people from exploiting the macro system to get around the global cooldown of spells.

Here is what I am using and in LFR im pulling around 27kdps with roughly 376 gear.

Hope this helps I have put a lot of work into the macros I will put in various classes so I hope it helps.

#showtooltip

/castsequence reset=target Serpent Sting,Arcane Shot,Arcane Shot,Steady Shot, Steady Shot,Arcane Shot,Arcane Shot,Steady Shot

/cast !Kill Shot

/cast !(Talent Spell) I find Blink Strike works best as it doesn’t use any energy.

/cast !Rapid Fire

/cast !Readiness ( I think this is one of the spells causing an issue with macros so if your want to keep it in feel free the ! should keep it functioning but its giving me problems when Rapid fire is in the same macro. So i keep it out so use Rapid fire’s smaller cooldown more often and keep readiness for burns on bosses.

wait im confused, no chimera shot?

I have been playing around with it but as of now its hardto fit in the macro with ss. And the energy expenditure is a concern I do however think that if ur willing to take ss out of the macro then easily place chimera shot at the end of the cast sequence it will work but I was getting a lower dps then with ss and arcane shot so I took it out and use it on bosses only.

Hi Jerimiah,

I got the macro to work with SS and CS. My issue right now is two things:

It refreshes CS correctly. Probably one of the better macros that does it.
Steady Focus isn't being refreshed enough. Need 2 Steady Shots every 10 seconds basically.

now either i am an idiot or something is wrong

i use a farming macro (pretty easy one)

/targetenemy [noharm] /petattack /castsequence reset=target Hunter's Mark,null /castsequence reset=5 Serpent Sting,Chimera Shot,Steady Shot,Steady Shot,Arcane shot,Arcane shot,Arcane shot,Steady Shot,Steady Shot,Arcane shot,Steady Shot,Arcane shot,Steady Shot,Steady Shot,Arcane shot, /cast Kill Shot

and in this one Kill Shot works

but i put together a “raid” macro

/targetenemy [noharm] /petattack /castsequence reset=target Serpent Sting,Hunter's Mark,null /castsequence Chimera Shot,Arcane Shot,Arcane Shot,Steady Shot,Steady Shot,Arcane Shot,Arcane Shot,Steady Shot /castsequence reset=120 Rapid Fire,Readiness,Steady Shot,Steady Shot,Steady Shot,Rapid Fire /cast A Murder of Crows /cast Dire Beast /cast Kill Shot

and in this one the kill shot does not work!!!
what is happening? am i doing something wrong?
i will keep using the “raid” macro cause puts out descent dps and does not drop very much. casts Rapid Fire and when it is finished the it is cast again without instantly recasting.
if u can figure out why kill shot does not work i would be much obliged

Bab,

First you don’t need Hunter’s Mark anymore. The Marked for Death covers that. Second you want to have Serpent Sting, null for a macro otherwise what is the point of wasting a Serpent Sting if it’s already on the monster. This uses up 40 focus which is a lot. Rapid Fire and Readiness are now longer CDs than they were in the last patch.

The macro you posted for both raid and farming under normal conditions will not work.

actually they both work cause i use them.

as for your reference in Serpent Sting i think u talk about the farming macro.

since it is for farming mobs i do not think that wasting 2 Serpent Sting is a big issue.

as for the raiding macro that i say above i burst damage 35-40k in the first 30 secs cause of the rapid fire reset that makes me use it 2 times in a row without overlapping

i know cds have changed that is why i use the reset timer to 120 instead of 180 that is the reset for rapid fire.

if u take a look at the counters u will see u will use rf 4 times in a 5 min boss fight.

anyways only a test will make u a believer so try it out even without Hunter’s Mark, (old habits die hard :P)

BTW: i think A Murder of Crows locks out kill shot but i cant confirm it so if anyone wants to test it pls let me know

huge nerf on mm hunters

from 32-35k with 392 item lvl

dropped to 18k at 89 lvl nice going blizz

i modded the raid macro above to include the 90 talent

/targetenemy [noharm]
/petattack
/castsequence reset=target Steady Shot,Chimera Shot,Arcane Shot,Arcane Shot,Steady Shot,Steady Shot,Arcane Shot,Arcane Shot,Steady Shot
/castsequence reset=60 Rapid Fire,Readiness,Steady Shot,Steady Shot,Steady Shot,Steady Shot,Steady Shot,Rapid Fire
/castsequence reset=1 Glaive Toss
/cast Dire Beast
/cast A Murder of Crows
/cast Kill Shot

still ks does not work though

It’s because you have too much. I have one that I will post that actually works, including Kill Shots.

/startattack
/cast Aimed Shot!
/castsequence Steady Shot,
/castsequence Chimera Shot,Arcane Shot, Arcane Shot, Glaive Toss, Dire Beast, Chimera Shot, Chimera Shot
/cast Kill Shot
/use 13
/use 14

The secret is the ! after Aimed Shot. What that means is that it will only cast when it procs. You can use this for BM and Surv too with their own procs.

about the —>/cast Aimed Shot!

where did u learned about the (!)?

is it confirmed?

and as for ks in mine i use it as safety for the above commands to work

i have it in the key next to spamming button

i can confirm that /cast Aimed Shot! works

i placed in 3rd line and works like a charm

My Mage has the Pyroblast! in the macro. I haven’t touched my mage since 4.0.x. I went to play fire and I noticed that ! was in the macro and it worked. I started doing research about it and found out Blizz removed it in 5.0.4 before MoP but re-included it after MoP came out.

just made the best farming macro

get ur tank pet out and go non stop

/targetenemy [noharm]
/petattack
/cast Aimed Shot!
/castsequence reset=5 Concussive Shot,Serpent Sting, Chimera Shot, Steady Shot, Steady Shot,Arcane Shot, Arcane Shot, Steady Shot
/cast Kill Shot

also one more macro

this is about misdirection

/cast [@focus,help][help][@pet,exists] Misdirection

At the start of an instance or raid, set your focus target to the Main Tank, then use this macro just before pulling to cast Misdirection on him/her without losing your target.

This will misdirect to your focus target, if that is friendly. If not, it will cast on a friendly selected target instead. If that doesn’t exist either, it will misdirect on your pet. That way, the macro works as intended in any situation, without the need of pressing qualifier keys or choosing between different buttons.

i can confirm the Aimed Shot! through my combat chat.

i read some forums about 2 different versions of the spells that proc.

so as i was on my hunter i used the steady shot until aimed got proced.

used it to kill the mob and opened the combat log and said

“your Aimed Shot! hit…”

so it is confirmed. i will look up other procs when i have the time

Good job Bab,

Sounds like a good farming macro. I think mine is a tad better for Raiding / Grouping but yours is excellent for farming :slight_smile: