#showtooltip soothing mist
/tar mouseover
/castsequence reset=0 [nochanneling] 0,0,0,soothing mist
/castsequence reset=0 0,0,0,renewing mist
/castsequence reset=0 0,0,Expel Harm
/castsequence reset=0 0,enveloping mist
/castsequence [mod]mana tea;reset=0 chi wave

hows that,Michael?

added EH to act like Ysera’s Gift+ chi gen and Mana Tea on mod for the people without the glyph.
[/quote]

try these, i wasn’t too crazy about the last 2 i made, those were at a request.

now i seem to have tea building up slower then before. Not sure really still learning this whole heal thing out.

Its with Expel Harm that is causing the issues. For the Tank macro it’s fine, but for the AoE I noticed that the chi build is slower, but it also decreases your HPS when AoE Healing with it. Without EH, I’m averaging about 90-120k HPS, but with it in the macro I’m lucky to get 60. The reason behind it is because EH is a GCD spell, whereas ReM and SM are not.

Thanks mike, been a lil busy as of late.

Im a neophite on macroing but im following this forum from couple months.

I wonder if the following macro for AOE isnt better than the ones proposed on this thread or not: (if not, care explain why?)

#showtooltip Uplift
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0,0,Renewing Mist
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0,Uplift
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,Mana Tea
/castsequence reset=0,5 [nochanneling]0,Soothing Mist
/castsequence reset=0.5 Chi Wave
/use thunder focus tea
/use 13
/use 14

The main duty as MW is to spam Uplift as much as you can, while using the smaller mana possible (channeling soothing mist longer than intended eats mana), while using Mana tea and Thunder Focus Tea on CD.

This macro prioritise Uplift as soon you have 2x Chi, and uses Renewing Mist on CD, when nothing else available, uses soothing mist.
This ends up maximising the use of Uplift that is the main goal for a MW raid healing.

Now as i said, im a total neophite so my macro can be totally wrong, but as first test, i pushed about 20k more hps in SOO P4 compared to other macros.

Anyone care to test / tell me if it works well or if im totally wrong and it’s worse?

Cheers

Xodha

Not really. Here’s why, MW takes some precision to be used correctly. Even Allen’s macros lack that with Uplift but it’s the best that can be done for a macro.

Mana Tea right now unglyphed provided more an output than glyphed. I’m not sure if this is a bug or not though.

What is your item level and how much throughput are you getting from this (HPS). With Allen’s I’m 544 item level and I’m doing 140-160k HPS.

[quote quote=12078]Xodha

Not really. Here’s why, MW takes some precision to be used correctly. Even Allen’s macros lack that with Uplift but it’s the best that can be done for a macro.

Mana Tea right now unglyphed provided more an output than glyphed. I’m not sure if this is a bug or not though.

What is your item level and how much throughput are you getting from this (HPS). With Allen’s I’m 544 item level and I’m doing 140-160k HPS.
[/quote]

Hi Michael, im iLvL 515, and with my macro im pushing average between 70 and 85k hps first boss of P4 SoO.
Now i will try Allen macro on 2nd boss (or garrosh itself) and report back to make a valid comparison.

Ok so, whole P4 i had this priest competing with me in HPS all the time, on garrosh i used Allen macro and he left me behind.
Not sure if because he started do things better or because the macro switch.
If you have time and want to, Michael, try both macros on same raid/stup and let me know your impressions.

Im stil using Mana Tea Glyphed btw

@Xodia,

Ok the mana tea glyph has to go. You’ll run out of mana so fast because of Soothing Mist. What you want to do is create a lifestyle for yourself on when to use Mana Tea. For me I don’t use Mana Tea if someone else is providing mana (MTT, Hymn) but normally I’ll use it between 100-150k mana left. If I know a big spike of damage is going to come in, I won’t do it. Another tip, is use Mana Tea when you have greater than 10 stacks. I tend to wait till about the full 20 before I drink, but I also have 16k spirit too.

Also with the macro are you targeting people or just the tank? I ask because with a Monk, you don’t need to target anybody but the tank seeing everything spreads around.

Priests will beat you, if they are DISC you don’t stand a chance beating them. Disc is way over powered.

@Michael

Thanks for the tips, i’ll try with unglyphed Mana Tea at max stacks.
I’ve 12.5k Spirit so i probably use it at 10 stacks not 20.
LFR usually is hard to get MTT so i just try to do everything by myself not hoping in MTT/Hymn.
With macro im targeting only the tank, being RM a self spread skills (i glyphed it) i dont feel the need to target other ppl.

I’ll try your tips in flex or next week in LFR, thanks for the help

Hi Xodia,

Any time. Targeting the tank (or who has aggro) would be the best idea. Uplift only heals those with RM on it, and RM self spreads. With your statue out, Soothing Mist will heal anybody too. No real point to heal anybody else.

Also you might want to use Chi Burst, I’m seeing it being very useful on fights like Sha of Pride, Gala, and even Protectors.

and new macros . i have tried the “fisting” one from a previous post and didnt know if there was a upto date one kicking about ? also thinking of having the macro from this post as a back up not tried it yet . do you use the single target and aoe heals macro on the tank only ? with the fisting one i did garrosh in LFR and was 3rd healer positioning the statue seemed something i had to do a lot to make sure the ranged got some heals . also i stuggled on immersious to do anything decent healing wide . dps anything @ 60-70k which i felt dissappointing but i do have a WW background and hit 160-180k dps in 10 man and flexi

Hello there ! first of all this is a great Thread and theese macros are great ! im new to healing and Monk is a very fun character to play ! but im at an end here and i would like your help ! im using the 2 macros posted here for aoe and single target for 2 days now ! im getting a 50-65 k HPS on most fights , and im very good geared , 568 item level . My name is Angatamin on Twisting Nether Horde ! how much should i get using theese macros ? is there something wrong that i do ? ! your help would be GREATLY appreciated ! thanks in advance and keep up the absolutely great work !

You doing something wrong, im ilvl 528 and im getting between 70k and 110k hps average on SOO (70k if there’s some discipline priest, otherwise always 90-110k hps)by using exclusively the AOE macro i posted few posts back.
Be sure to keep tank in target, put down your statue and buttonsmashing the aoe macro.

thats what i am doing ;/ … could you please look at my stats and profile and see if you can pinpoint any wrong there ? thanks a lot for helping me out :slight_smile: ! its Angatamin from twisting nether ! you should be able to check me in MRrobot