My Frost Macros

Edit-Fixed the burst macro with help from Alexander Arnesen, I removed the second frost strike in the normal macro. I think this will be something that will need to be tested over time. I think as we get more gear we are going to end up capping runic. For now this is where it is.

These are my frost dk macros and seem to be doing great for me. My item level is 326. After 6 mins on a single target dummy I was at 6382 dps. My simmed dps says I should be at 6,268. I’m consistently a little below or above my sim but not by much. I run my macros at 110 MS but you will need to play around with this number, it will vary depending on your computer, internet, and your own personal latency in game. I’m an experienced DK looking for something a little more casual and laid back. These are not all in one macros. You will need a binding for normal damage, burst damage, possibly aoe damage, obliterate, and howling blast to effectively use these. I feel 5 bindings to run this class isn’t terrible at all. And the numbers are pretty good for me so far…

I realize that cold heart is the only talent that is consider best for pve that I’m not using. I haven’t found an effective way to add it to a macro, and my primary purpose is pvp where cold heart is nerf to the point its useless. If anyone wants to add an idea to use cold heart I’m all ears and I will add it.

My normal macro is what you use outside of burst. I find if you don’t run frostscythe this handles AOE just fine, if you want to min max aoe as a non frostscythe spec please see below. Rime procs are to be used as soon as they come up. None of these macros support rime procs. Outside of Rime procs this macro will do everything you need until its time to burst

b4vmErLxofJxtnvqbjvsF50ts1uqm5LtY4fvEnfvHXwzUr3CEnvmXiJmXeZmEnfrLzwy1XgDE5umEn1uWv2yjrKxojtnX41ubvhDO9MCEn1uHfMCd7kqf1wzYfgBK5hyejxzH1Mxt1uyJj3BwvMCZL2BUnNxu5LtX4fvE5umEn1lJf2C05hydHwASXMFGnfDYvwyR5LtY41uVmwyZrNFGfto2CZnW4LtZ41uVmwyZrNFGvtmYCtmE5enEn1lJf2C0nxzXvxzUnwz(bgn5aJmWWIFGrtoXqZmEnfuVnhDnf2yY9Mxu5fDEn1sLLhuYv2CZ5fvE5umEn1l0fMCNvgDL5wzTLNFGTLBVHwyY1wxBrwzHrwxErNxtTuz5jvzSvwyZvMxu5fDEnfuYvwtHnMCV5fvErNxtnfDLbNr152y0L2BU51uqjxAVjxA0LNx05fDEnvtH5wDHXwsUrxzYzxzUrxAV5Mxc5fDErNxEbSAARI_NORMAL
Talents 1122113

This macro contains 1 macro version. This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.4.03.

Macro Version 1

Step Function: Priority

KeyPress: Contains various utility functions.

Main Sequence: Obliterate, Pillar of Frost, Remorseless Winter, Frost Strike

My burst macro with BoS consistently pulls 16-18k dps (mind you thats with 326 ilvl gear) on four target dummies for the entire duration of BoS (with no buffs). It feels very good and it never cancels the BoS on accident like I see many macros in here do. The idea here is do three obliterates in a row when the fight is started (obviously rime proc takes priority over obliterate if you get one). After you do three you are simply waiting for three runes to come off CD, as the third rune comes off CD use your str pot (it can easily be added to the macro, my testing was without the str pot) and use this macro. Once you see that BoS is going AND remorseless winter is going switch back to spamming obliterates (I fire obliterate at 110 ms as well) ONLY stopping to use rime procs. Once BoS ends you switch back to the normal macro listed above. Prior to BoS coming off cd later in the fight all you have to do is pool around 60-70 runic and let it fly again. If you aren’t close just pool a few runes and do 1-3 obliterates until you get in that runic range.

b4vmErLxofJxtnvqbjvsFjuvsnfvE5KmErLxtrvySvMB0nNxtftmYitmXmJxtruzMfwDSrNxofJxtfuD0H2BY51utfwyYnSRavuBLjxySrMFGrKCLfwBEn1uWv2yjrKxojtnX41unf2yY9MvLj3CP9MBZ5fvE5umErLxofJxt9sDZvMFGjwy0rhBL5hyW9gDP9MB(b2BM5hyZrNCL52z0HMxojJxt9YyHnhDZvwC1vMBJvMFGrZn1ydoS4hy1eJm3edl(bwm1iJm3Kdl(bwm5yZn3aJxonJxt9YyHnhD(bgn5aJmW41um92BWXuATLgDEnvmEnfuVnhDnf2yY9Mxu5fDEn1sLLhuYv2CZ5fvE5umEn1l0fMCNvgDL5wzTLNFGTLBVHwyY1wxBrwzHrwxErNxtTuz5jvzSvwyZvMxu5fDEnfuYvwtHnMCV5fvErNxtnfDLbNr152y0L2BU51uqjxAVjxA0LNx05fDEnvtH5wDHXwsUrxzYzxzUrxAV5Mxc5fDErNxEbSAARI_BURST
Talents 1122113

This macro contains 1 macro version. This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.4.03.

Macro Version 1

Main Sequence: Obliterate, Breath of Sindragosa, Pillar of Frost, Remorseless Winter, Empower Rune Weapon

My AoE macro is for those that want to use frostscythe OR want to min max aoe with non frostscythe a little more. Its setup for frostscythe out of the box all you have to do is delete frostscythe and replace it with obliterate

b4vmErLxofJxtnvqbjvsFf0tf5LtY4fvEnfvHXwzUr3CEnvmXiZmXeZmEnfrLzwy1XgDE5umEn1uWv2yjrKxojtnX41ubvhDO9MCEn1uHfMCd7kqf1wzYfgBK5hyejxzH1Mxt1uyJj3BwvMCZL2BUnNxu5LtX4fvE5umEn1lJf2C05hyBn2BTjwy01LFGfto2CZnW4LtY41uVmwyZrNFGT1yV1MyHrxx(bwnXiZnX4LtZ41uVmwyZr3CLfxDL52yL5hygj3BZr3CJLhDOvgl(bMrY92C0n3y5rhALXIFGrtoXqZmEnfuVnhDnf2yY9Mxu5fDEn1u0vgCgvNBJrxAV5MxtbLCP9MCPrxEEn1sLLNuLXwzHnxzErLx051uqjxznf2yY9Mxu5fDEn1sLLhuYv2CZ5fvE5umEn1l0fMCNvgDL5wzTLNFGTLBVHwyY1wxBrwzHrwxErNx05fDEnvtH5wDHXwsUrxzYzxzUrxAV5Mxc5fDErNxEbSAARI_AOE
Talents 1123113

Macro Version 1

Main Sequence: Pillar of Frost, Remorseless Winter, Frost Strike

My heal macro is more oriented for pvp but works well in pve when needed. If you do not intend to use this macro in pvp at all delete the chains of ice and replace it with obliterate

b4vmErLxofJxtnvqbjvsFHurbX0uE5KmErLxtrvySvMB0nNxtftmYitmXmJxtruzMfwDSrNxofJxtfuD0H2BY51utfwyYnSRavuBLjxySrMFGrKCLfwBEn1uWv2yjrKxojtnX41unf2yY9MvLj3CP9MBZ5fvE5umErLxofJxt9YyHnhD(b2wJ9wBIfgDD5hyYGdo5CZnE5KmEn1lJf2C05hy0Kto5GJxonJxt9YyHnhDZvwC1vMBJvMFGrtn1idnS4hy0KdmYadl(bgn5aJmWWIFGrtoWidmEn1sLLNuLXwzHnxzErLx051utrxzWzuDUngDP9MBEnfuYL2BYLgD551uq92C01uyJj3BErLx051uqjxznf2yY9Mxu5fDEn1sLLhuYv2CZ5fvE5umEn1l0fMCNvgDL5wzTLNFGTLBVHwyY1wxBrwzHrwxErNx05fDEnvtH5wDHXwsUrxzYzxzUrxAV5Mxc5fDErNxEbSAARI_HEALS
Talents 1122113

Macro Version 1

Main Sequence: Obliterate, Transfusion, Chains of Ice, Death Strike

The final macro is for those that want a nearly all in one macro. This is the closest I can get to a all in one macro for you. The only thing it doesn’t do is rime procs. I haven’t been able to figure out how to get a macro to use rime procs. What happens is you either hold on to a rime proc too long waiting for the macro to cycle through to the howling blast OR it using howling blast too often outside of rime procs which is in most cases a DPS loss for sure. My sim for this setup says it should be 6011 and I’m running around 5640 after 6 mins on a single target dummy. Compared to above which is 6382 there is a decent gap in dps BUT the simplicity of this macro can’t be understated. It’s extremely easy to use (and is the optimal setup for pvp for the most part).

dGZRbaWsOuVfkABIIzQsnBvXnvr)cj3wPStuTxQDlP9RQ(juYFrOFlXabfnuezWanCsPdQuDmiNtfwiOslfQQdRy5O8WOGNsSmqEojtujmvatwuA6cxeQ0Jf5YsDDvYgvIARGQAZqH2oOWPjvZsjYNbvmoqPooOKDfQYOHkgMs6KKINHGRPkDEe10qQVjQUluLnYaMJSi774RH4(9nrnCIyXXL4(9jwcG5qgWcW801qzbHGGqiillAmoxpH5il7xbofMfzgggGhmXDRzZt2p4cwpBweTDsZcZHErwoNeRa)MP0lvLbmhzaZrwOsJk(GOJm55RMdzHknQ4d(IGYrMtWcvAuHQH1vxt9hK(yfADPpi9bIMG50wOsJk(G0hRqRM)AHknQ4dsFGOjyEgluPrfFq683mW28CluPrfFWxeuoYYDPO9wFtpSqWc2nz87NEuTbCyb7MmjwRugWCKfQyyWPJU2BK)Gywl4mSn8WmBpzXZHfsfvCojwXaoSqI1NtIvmGdls0Ax(QMc9s1cjMEHPhKD4WY5uVMhn1OzWORHEPA46WHnSAARI_ALL_IN_ONE_ALMOST
Talents 1122112

Macro Version 1

Main Sequence: Empower Rune Weapon, Obliterate, Pillar of Frost, Remorseless Winter, Frost Strike

I assume u use regular abilities outside of the macros since ur normal macro will starve you out on runic power and u will need a separate bind to prepare for the BoS one?

Hello quick update after trying these macros out. Solid macros! However I removed the Pillar of Frost from both the Normal macro and AoE macro. When they were in those macros you couldn’t get the Breath macro to fire of smooth because Pillar of Frost is in the castsequence. I also removed the Obliterate from the castsequence in the Breath macro and put it on a /cast Obliterate below the castsequence. I put in usage of active trinkets and my racial (Orc) into the Breath macro aswell as a Battle potion just to maximize the burst. I also removed one of the two Frost Strikes in the normal macro otherwise it would starve my runic power and I could not ever get ready for the Breath macro. After these changes I can safely parse around 85+ on each boss without havin’ any problems occuring! Thanks for sharing the macros! :slight_smile:

Alexander could you share your update?

The AoE macro with pillar was outside of the cast sequence so it should work correctly. I see your point on the burst macro. I guess my thought process was that I wouldn’t be using BoS outside of pillar of frost so there was no reason to leave it out. Keeping it in the cast sequence allows things to fire off in the right order. I think I forgot to update my burst macro. I ran into the same issue you did. What I did was leave a single obliterate at the end. That way I know after remorseless winter it will do a single obliterate and then that’s my que to go to my obliterate spam. I tested your idea and I liked it more so i moved it to the top.

I’ve been going back and forth with the two frost strikes in the macro. The issue is, with one frost strike you end up runic capping due to the HB procs. With two frost strikes I find myself capping runes more then I find myself runic starved. I haven’t really had an issue with not enough runic for the burst macro because I tend to dump all my runes into obliterate 12 seconds or so before burst so that at least 3 are off cd when I pop it. I will update the burst macro after dinner. I will continue to play around with my normal macro to try and find a good balance.

great pvp macro I like it op macro but can u make unholy macro pvp like this simple

it is the best for pvp I can servive with it but can you do unholy same as this macro like adding Necrotic Strike and death strike