My simplified macro's

Instead of using macro’s with overrides (cast a before b when c is active) I use two simple macro’s which gives me a descent amount of damage. My current Ilevel is 878.
In case the macro is gear specific, here’s a link to the armory: Link to the Armory.

The first macro (HMM_MOB) gives a steady amount of damage, starting around 500K and levelling out at 520K (with min. 495K and max. 525k). This macro I use when fighting mobs.

The second macro (HMM_BOSS) gives a slightly more irregular damage output, starting near 1M and slowly dropping to 800K (with min. 700K and max. 1.1M). This macro I use when fighting bosses.

1. Mobs.

Sequences['HMM_MOB'] = {
--- Author: Lytsepier@Turalyon
--- Talents: 1113311
    PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/startattack
/console scriptErrors 0
    ]],    
        '/cast [nochanneling] Windburst',    
        '/cast [nochanneling] Bursting Shot',    
        '/cast [nochanneling] Aimed Shot',
        '/cast [nochanneling] Sidewinders',
        '/cast [nochanneling] Marked Shot',
    PostMacro = [[
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
    ]],
} 

1. Bosses

Sequences['HMM_BOSS'] = {
--- Author: Lytsepier@Turalyon
--- Talents: 1113311
    PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/startattack
/console scriptErrors 0
    ]],    
        '/cast [nochanneling] Windburst',    
        '/cast [nochanneling] Bursting Shot',    
        '/cast [nochanneling] Trueshot',
        '/cast [nochanneling] A Murder of Crows',
        '/cast [nochanneling] Sidewinders',
        '/cast [nochanneling] Marked Shot',
    PostMacro = [[
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
    ]],
} 

why no barrage ot volley

Murder of Crows does slightly more damage than Volley while Barrage is too unpredictable. Hunters are already known of their “Thas’dorah’, the allpuller:slight_smile:

Yes my point was none of that is in the macro was just curious why not even crows

Nvm I see it in the 2nd one why is it not on the first

I tried copying this macro over and it says it imported yet is not showing up on my list?

Why no trueshot?
And why Lock and Load over True Aim??

I had the same thing happen, I had to make a new macro and add each section in separately.

I changed things around a bit and get much better dps now.

Sequences['MM_BOSS'] = {
  Author="Raxons@Thrall",  
  SpecID=254,
  Talents = "1313111",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = [[Sequential]],
      KeyPress={
        "/targetenemy [noharm][dead]",
        "/cast Blood Fury",
        "/cast Trueshot",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast [nochanneling] Windburst",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Bursting Shot",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Marked Shot",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Aimed Shot",
        "/cast [nochanneling] A Murder of Crows",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Sidewinders",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

And

Sequences['MM_MOB'] = {
  Author="Raxons@Thrall",  
  SpecID=254,
  Talents = "1313311",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = [[Sequential]],
      KeyPress={
        "/targetenemy [noharm][dead]",
        "/cast Blood Fury",
        "/cast Trueshot",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast [nochanneling] Windburst",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Bursting Shot",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Marked Shot",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Sidewinders",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

Just a quick question, the “KeyPress” and “KeyRelease” functions, do they work like: ‘while keypress do …’ or ‘while keypress do once …’.
Right now I use a Logitech keyboard so I can program certain keys to repeat. This works fine until my keyobard buffer overflows.

Thanks btw for the updated macro’s!

I use Autohotkey and have it set at 6ms, from what I get from Tim’s posts it is when you press the key= do this. And key release is when you release the the key do that thing. Pre macro is the thing to do before the macro sequence runs. That is why I put trueshot on keyPress, so when you KeyPress you fire off TrueShot then run the macro. I also have a Logitech keyboard (the G910) but the AutoHotKey seems to work the best for me. No buffer overflow.
And you are welcome. I just tweaked what you started.

Can you share your AutoHotKey script? I’ve been trying to figure it out :smiley:

For keys 1,2,3.

{
$1::
Loop
{
if not GetKeyState(“1”, “P”)
break
Send 1
sleep 6
}
return
}
{
$2::
Loop
{
if not GetKeyState(“2”, “P”)
break
Send 2
sleep 6
}
return
}
{
$3::
Loop
{
if not GetKeyState(“3”, “P”)
break
Send 3
sleep 6
}
return
}

Is this macro supposed to be an all in one.
Because Windburst only casts once and then has to be manually pressed same with Trueshot.

That’s because Ron’s macro has windburst is in the Premacro and there is no loop so the macro will fire WB just 1 time that’s is how it is with new GSE now Timothy Luck video will tell you what to do with the loop watch this GSE 2.0 - YouTube 10 mins in the video is where to use the loop

[quote quote=42601]Is this macro supposed to be an all in one. Because Windburst only casts once and then has to be manually pressed same with Trueshot.
[/quote]

Trueshot will try to fire each keypress, or many times per second.

[quote quote=42648]

Is this macro supposed to be an all in one. Because Windburst only casts once and then has to be manually pressed same with Trueshot.

Trueshot will try to fire each keypress, or many times per second. [/quote] Your right my mistake. Just windburst wasn't

My bad, I changed it. Windburst is in the main sequence now, and it fires when it is off cooldown.
Just tested it, tried different ways, also Trushot does fire off on cooldown, I tested the macro for over 5:20 and it worked each time it was off cooldown

Can I ask what your doing in situations of trash AOE? Are you just tossing in Multi-Shot along with spamming the macro? Looking for a good Marksman macro that uses Piercing Shot instead of Sidewinders unless it’s a big dps loss. I find Sidewinders tends to pull extra stuff on ya…

Since the Percing Shot needs focus as much as possible I dont think there is a good way to add it to macro. Probably the best thing is to separate this one from macro and use it when necessary also when there is multiple targets.