Needing Ideas

Hello Everybody!!

So before I go into my request/rant/whatever the hell this will turn into, figured I would give a little unwanted history. I’ve been using the “lazy” macros for a while now. Found them back in 5.3 or 2 cannot remember which. However I did think it was a nice touch, and made things semi easier on my fingers and hands. However wanting to progress and actually raid, and not sucking while doing so, I knew the one button was not going to work or even cut it. So I then decided to tweak and create my own.

Well once WoD came, most of us know those macros became mute. However with GS things have mostly returned to how they were pre-WoD.

Now a little set up on how I’ve got things bound.

Really using only 4 buttons for DPS and offense;
-Keyboard buttons 1-4
------Keys normally 1-3 are all macros
-------- Key 4 stays locked as Divine Storm because well its Divine Storm lol
-` is used as a swap bar macro to switch between single target and AOE

Keyboard button 1: Is of course the bread and button, the key used most often, so for this things had to be nice and smooth.

Originally I had place Crusader Strike together with Hammer of Wrath, so that when I blew Avenging Wrath I could have easy access to the Hammer of face smashing. And this worked pretty well for the most part. However the macro sometimes it would just freeze up (a common theme) and so I was missing out sometimes on a lot of Hammers to the Face and thus DPS.

Since then I have done more tweaking and skill rearranging and found an uber smooth macro which hasn’t locked on me yet and am very happy with, and again with the ` set for bar swap it is an easy transition between single target and aoe targeting.

Sequences['CelesJudge'] = {
StepFunction = [[
	limit = limit or 1
	if step == limit then
		limit = limit % #macros + 1
		step = 1
	else
		step = step % #macros + 1
	end
]],

PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
    ]],
    '/cast !Crusader Strike',
	'/cast !Judgment',
    PostMacro = [[
/startattck
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
    ]],
}

Sequences['CelesHam'] = {
StepFunction = [[
	limit = limit or 1
	if step == limit then
		step = 1
	else
	end
]],

PreMacro = [[
    ]],
    '/cast !Hammer of the Righteous',
    '/cast !Judgment',
    PostMacro = [[
/startattck
    ]],
}

Are the said keyboard button 1 Macros. Which again Uber happy with :slight_smile:

Now here is where things become a slight issue for me, and I have run into a few bumps and head scratches on what to do next.

Keyboard button 2 has gone through some changes. Originally had it set as a solo Final Verdict, because of all the original, CS+HW combo on Keyboard button 1 and my other macro set for Keyboard button 3. Both buttons 1 and 3 had the skills that generated holy power so I needed my dump button somewhere lol.

However since my tweaking, and finding my good flowing K.B1 now, I ended up switching it to be a sole Hammer of Wrath button, so I don’t miss out on the Hammer of Face too often as I did before. Which I am fine with mostly( just gotta get the brain used to hitting 2 for that now lol)

Ahh now onto Keyboard button 3, my biggest pain in the ass. Now mostly due to how my fingers like to work, I tend to keep my most offensive attacks at button 1 and 3 so I can easily lift and press each finger leaving my middle finger ready to hit 2 for whatever finisher I have placed there.

Now originally to go with my Crusader Strike and Hammer of Wrath macro to generate holy power, I created one which combined Judgment and Exorcism. Again this worked fairly well. Generated the power I needed and quickly, while being an easy on the fingers. However there were times it would just break, mostly I would assume it was because Art of War would proc. Which would just screw the whole thing up, swear there were times in a boss fight I would be slamming and nailing my macro you would think I was a bunny rabbit about to die and needed to mass reproduce, however once the break happened, I would lose DPS and well after a while I just wasn’t happy.

Well since creating the other macro which I shared above which flows perfectly and moving a few attack skills around. I’ve been experimenting with what to do with the remaining attacks of mine. I’ve come up with a new macro.

Sequences['FinalWord'] = {
StepFunction = [[
	limit = limit or 1
	if step == limit then
		step = 1
	else
	end
]],

PreMacro = [[
/cast Final Verdict
    ]],
    '/cast !Exorcism',
    '/cast !Final Verdict',
    PostMacro = [[
/startattck
    ]],
}

This macro seems to work pretty well, however again that damn Art of War proc seems to cause it to bug out at time. Also doesn’t help at times when Divine Purpose is proc but that bug doesn’t happen as often as the Art of War.

Now as I said it does work pretty well. The flow is pretty good until, it bugs out then it kind of tosses a wrench into the flow and smoothness of everything.

So yeah, not really sure what this is or what I am asking, but I see plenty of guys posting the one button macro end all, figured I’d give my two cents and see if anyone had any ideas or suggestions or see if anyone found this useful and inspiring. Either or would be awesome in any case.

Booms to you all.