New Protection Paladin

So, I started this macro when legion came out, and have been perfecting it as talents get buffed and nerfed. This macro works with any of the talent choices that you have, you don’t have to change any of the working like blessed hammer or hammer of the righteous, as they will both work, I am still testing other talent choices to see what works best for my guild makeup. i am 872 equipped and have been able to 3 chest a mythic 6, haven’t tried any higher yet, still not quite enough time in my day to run all the time. Being I am mostly in mythics my talent choices may vary with what you have if you are raiding or different gear.

Tier 1- I go back and forth between holy shield and blessed hammer, but I found that blessed hammer is better with movement heavy fights as you sometimes dragging groups to each other and not standing in consecration, and hammer of the righteous only hits 1 target if you’re not in your consecration.

Tier 2- First avenger for sure, this allows for more avengers shields, which means, more silence which is helpful in mythics to keep them grouped up.

Tier 3. Blinding light is the only option

Tier 4- both blessing of the spellwarding and cavalier have their uses. Ret aura was changed to allow mobs that hit the tank to take damage, but its still isn’t worth it. I don’t like that i lose my aggro drop bubble. but it does give you a immune to spell damage CD to use. and 2 Divine steeds are nice in a mythic if the healer can keep up with you, like a monk or shammy.

Tier 5- i recently went to final stand, best cd in the game, pure immunity for 8 seconds and you don’t have to worry about the aggro drop. hand of the protector is nice if you find you don’t need to bubble.

Tier 6- I use judgment of light, unless i am in a melee heavy group, then consecrated ground is what i switch to.

Tier 7- Again this macro will work with any of them. and i have tried all three, seraphim just isn’t as good as it use to be, and last defender pulls ahead of it in dps, especially in a mythic where you are pulling. but righeous protector is better for boss fights, last defender is only better at 3+ enemies.

Sequences['ProtPaladin'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.0.14.
  Author="Rocktris",
  SpecID=66,
  Talents = "2131333",
  Help = "Protection Paladin",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = "Priority",
      KeyPress={
        "/targetenemy [noharm][dead]",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast [combat] Light of the Protector",
        "/cast Avenger's Shield",
        "/cast [combat] Consecration",
        "/cast Judgment",
        "/cast [combat] Hammer of the Righteous",
        "/cast [combat] Blinding Light",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/cast [combat] Avenging Wrath",
        "/cast [talent:7/2] Seraphim",
        "/cast [talent:7/1] [talent:7/3] Shield of the Righteous",
        "/cast Eye of Tyr",
      },
    },
  },
}

Feel free to remove any of the CD’s in the macro if you prefer to manage those on your own. but with this macro and my current gear, I was able to get to 40 stacks on the target dummy in the class hall. (using Righteous Protector) as last defender is only good in aoe situations.

Let me know how it works for you? or what you change / find better

I just finished running this macro with my current spec on the class hall and improved to 57 stacks! took 11.5 mins, but will try a few more variations of the spec tomorrow