Purr and Roar are back. Named after my original two button macro set, this works by casting “PURR” until you reach five combo points, then finishing with “ROAR.” I’ve had improved DPS results over my recent Simona and Mario set of macros.
Regrowth is part of the macro set, but you could delete those three lines from Purr if you didn’t want Regrowth included. Having it included improves survivability. And while it doesn’t appear to use any energy while in cat form, it slows the use of energy down, which is not a bad thing. These macros do tend to run out of energy during prolonged encounters and so you will get an occasional “hang.” You can expect to wait for energy levels to rise enough to cast the next attack.
Changes from the previous set include:
- The addition of Moonfire with the Lunar Inspiration level 15 talent selection. DPS is improved when changing from the Predator level 15 talent. The macro set keeps Rip, Rake and Moonfire DOTs up continually.
- Attacks are prioritized for better energy conservation. This minimizes the “hang” from low energy during prolonged encounters. It hasn’t seemed to affect DPS and I experienced an increase in DPS because you are casting more attacks over any given time.
- Roar, the spender macro, now starts with Rip to get the bleeds started and up continually during an encounter.
- For AOE situations, I like to spam Thrash and Brutal Slash. Thrash is expensive, energy wise (40,) so I have left it out of the macro. You could add
/cast [combat] Thrashinto the Purr macro if you want it included, but expect more hangs when spamming Purr.
- As far as talents, the level 30 and the level 60 talents are optional. The other talents are necessary for the macro to work.
- Make SURE you have the latest version of TimothyLuke’s Gnome Sequencer Enhanced addon. None of these work without it. You can find the latest version on the CurseForge Website:
- Please post a message here if you have questions or want to provide feedback. Testing feedback is welcome. For continuity, I exclusively test on the single target Raider’s Training Dummy in Stormwind. Message me in game if you want as well. I’m usually on as Spinnaker or Parzíval (my DH alt) in Eitrigg/Shu’halo Alliance realms. I’m leader of the Ready Player One guild and we’re recruiting, btw.
- To better monitor your Combo Points level, I recommend the Simple Combo Points addon. https://wow.curseforge.com/projects/simple-combo-points
- Talent setup is 3,#,1,#,3,2,3. I was remiss in including it in the original post. It is listed when you import the macro. I change the “#” talents depending upon the situation. I typically use Tiger Dash as the second talent as I like running flags in battleground. I use Typhoon in some battlegrounds with cliffs. There is something very satisfying in assaulting the flag after blowing someone off the cliff at lumber mill in Arathi Basin. Mass Entangling Roots is generally more usable in most situations though.
- Removed Beserk from origninal macro as it gets replaced with Incarnation. Thanks Pacov for catching that.
So here is Purr. Spam until you reach 5 Combo Points (for maximum DPS)