NEWLY REVISED 6/7/20 *Two Button Macro Set - "Purr and Roar"

PURR and ROAR - Single target and AOE macro set. Revised 6/7/20
I’ve again revised this macro set. I’ve increased my DPS by at least 20% in testing. Part of the DPS increase is from improved rotation. This is a two button macro. One button macros can’t always spend combo points at their peak affect of 5. DPS is wasted when they fire too soon or too late. So a two button macro is necessary to get better DPS - one to build Combo Points (PURR) and one to spend ROAR.)

PURR is the Combo Point builder (and opener.) It will open with you in prowl mode (when available) so that it stuns the target for four seconds with Rake. Spam PURR until you’ve reached five combo points, then spend accordingly (see ROAR below.) PURR is, by default, a single target attack. However, for AOE, simply hold down shift until it reaches 5 Combo Points.
d4tmdaGEKGEjsKDbr0RrsADIWJr1Hvz2u48cLUjk4xq52e1PfPDcv7fSBsTFLERenminou0aHOyOifdwXWjsheIsxgXXiCCKuwiejlLIYIHWYL02OKNQQLj45KmrKqtvunzKktNQVHu6QiP6zuQ3brQncrLTIeyZIOTdrvttOywO0NHi8DuOrIe1yrQA0eX1fYjPO6wuKRjH7HK4UIY5eQ(TudcihWfWtd1nZmapa5WtzIHuJunvHxI7svjWWySz04OWyLpETvijVLXCmnHrtoJTjerU3AtYhV2Mue3K0OA10PPZuTVkwmfw0cF(zq0Uc(al9Scw6zfSb2a8iBKlPRW)st16JQKkYqDxcPcpdNo6mmx7KkYt0EARbKcEkssErgoGlGNYedPWNFgeTRsStGEb9Iqa(xkHBofbCbQn8MZBn8WZWXRnfqQQ0wRGCaxa5aUaEm(P8Dk5TmIZZ2jiSP1kgapapg)u(oL8wgX5z7ylqTIJc42WJXpLVtjVLrCE2o2cuR4OaEmWJXpLRiulIO5KDkLB6sOKKM0Z2PsueNk8wgX57SJGziWUJa1IPnk7oculM2OS7iqTyAJYUJa1IPnksVtPULB6y3r3CjNwtms1ir2ovII4uH3YioFNDemdb2Dkcbb7ofHGGDNIqqWUtriia8c4X4NY3PK3YiopBhBbQvCua3cEm(P8Dk5TmIZZ2PiiOfEAALZWXRnKdo8VtKICrAUN2A4Fc1IiAp9mGNsKynJyqofbYbCb8y8wRAdYoxK3rALK0K(oOaEaEm(P8Dyg32cWTHhJ3AvBq25I8osRKKM03rao80ujmC8Ad5GdpLiXstLOuqoGlGhJFkFNsDNSRYjcz7qRftapapg)u(oL6w5KZWLWQBElJ48SDkcIca3gEm(P8DkLB6sCgE2ocuR4fcWbhCWbhaa

and Roar. REMEMBER TO HIT SHIFT WHEN YOU INITIALLY CAST TO APPLY RIP.

ROAR is the Combo Points spender. The first time you attack your target with ROAR, hold SHIFT to apply Rip to start it’s DOT damage. Then after rebuilding combo points, use no modifier to attack Ferocious Bite. It will do considerable damage and will refress Rip on your target. If Rip drops off, apply the SHIFT modifier again and repeat.
b4vmErLxofJxtj1tbjLxojJxu51uivgBWXwAUTMxtHgD0b3C68Yl392DSfME51wyJj3BZ5YyV12l09IBLDxl0D3BTiwD0r3BU1sBHnMCV1YCLrxlWvNCY1syUrwlY9wyY9cn1yZnEnfvHXwzUr3CEnLmSGflXWcwSedlYWImEnvq1rhAVjNxtnfCP5MBHTwzYbuv0HwzY51unfMB1fgBj5gDLjNDL5gDP9MBEjKxtHuzSbNxtrvySvMB0nNo(bMmyfdwXiJmEnfrLzwy1XgDE5umEn1uWv2yjrKxofdmZ41ujn2BU51uEnvtHnMCVzvzYnxAV52CErLxofJxu5LtX41uVmwyZrNFGTvBVrMoZHwAMrxx(bwmWCto74hyB52BT9gzD5hyYitn2GJxtb1BZrxtHnMCV5fvErNxtnfDLbNr152y0L2BU51utvwC1vMB0LwyS51ulvwEsvgBLf2CL5fvErNxtbLCL1uyJj3BErLx051ulvwEqjxzZnNxu5LtX41uVmwyZrNFGTLBVz2BY1MoY0LFGDJn44LtY41uVmwyZrNFGTvBVrMoHXgDD5hyXaJn5utmErNx05fDErNx05Lx

NOTES:

Regrowth is part of PURR. Having it included improves survivability and increases DPS with the Bloodtalons talent. You could delete those three lines from PURR if you didn’t want Regrowth included.

TALENTS 2X1X122. As far as talents, the level 30 and the level 60 talents are optional.

Make SURE you have the latest version of TimothyLuke’s Gnome Sequencer Enhanced addon. None of these work without it.

You can find the latest version on the Twitch and the CurseForge Website:
https://wow.curseforge.com/projects/gse-gnome-sequencer-enhanced-advanced-macros

To better monitor your Combo Points level, I recommend the Simple Combo Points addon by Jostor or a WeakAura.

Please post a message here if you have questions or want to provide feedback. Testing feedback is welcome.

1 Like

How do import the 2nd part it doesnt come up when i import Roar it doesnt create an icon

Test of the macro is now on YouTube. DPS topped out at nearly 10k, which isn’t typical. It normally tops out at around 3.6k. DPS is typically around 3k. I always test on this single target Raider’s Training Dummy in SW. Video shows location, gear and talents.

*Note: this is the second test video. For whatever reason, I didn’t have any legendaries equipped for who knows how long. I’ve now equipped Behemoth Headdress and Chatoyent Signet. ilvl is 241 with this gear.

Can’t see the codes :frowning: Really hate this new gse :smiley:

I recognized when i copy/paste with this, its woorking lol

Nice one again, I always like using your purr and roar macros.

Could you tell me what leggos and ms you are using,

regards and nice work,

Jay

Thanks for the compliment.

When I checked, I didn’t have legendaries equipped! It’s probably been that way since the update. I’ve equipped Behemoth Headdress and Chatoyant Signet and my ilvl is 241. DPS is increased significantly now. Go figure.

I’m using a Logitech G600 MMO mouse and it’s set at it’s default setting of 500ms.

In the above YouTube video peak DPS hit 9,957 at one point. Looking back through the video, one attack registered 179,593 damage. What in the heck was this? I cleared the logs without looking as I hadn’t noticed it at the time. Anyone have any idea what that was? I think I’ll post this in the general forum as well.

WTH?

your macros are amazing i used them in legion and i will use them now at with 216 ilvl im getting constant 21.5k dps. thank you for sharing just one thing i keep getting the you are in shapeshift form pop up

Sadly, the Stormwind dummy is plagued with rats and rabbits - looks like you hit a rabbit :slight_smile: These are far lower level so damage (and dps) spikes.

With hugely careful positioning you can avoid the rat, or the only raider dummy I’ve found that doesn’t have ‘adds’ getting in the way is in Ironforge.

Moltrin

THE PURR ITS WORKING THANKS BUT THE ROAR NOT WORKING FOR ME?CAN YOU GIVE ME MORE DETAIL PLS

Thanks so much for the macro Spinnaker, I never could figure out the talents. Was early when I was reading it after a short night of sleep. Could you drop me a note on them please

1. Talent setup is 3,#,1,#,3,2,3. I was remiss in including it in the original post. It is listed when you import the macro. I change the “#” talents depending upon the situation. I typically use Tiger Dash as the second talent as I like running flags in battleground. I use Typhoon in some battlegrounds with cliffs. There is something very satisfying in assaulting the flag after blowing someone off the cliff at lumber mill in Arathi Basin. Mass Entangling Roots is generally more usable in most situations though.

Hey! I love your macros really making me love my cat even more!
But with this one I have an issue… Every time the macro hits Moonfire it puts me in my normal form and isn’t going back to cat… Why’s that?

It sounds like you don’t have your level 15 talent set for Lunar Inspiration. Enabling that will allow you to attack with Moonfire while in cat form.

same here

[quote quote=61847]thank you for sharing just one thing i keep getting the you are in shapeshift form pop up

same here[/quote]

This happens at times when the macro is trying to cast Regrowth, which can’t normally be used while in cat form. However, it can be used whenever the “proc” is up for it. The macro instructs to stay in cat form as you are casting Regrowth. The code in the macro looks like this:

"/console autounshift 0",
        "/cast Regrowth",
        "/console autounshift 1",

So if the proc isn’t up, you see the message that you are in shapeshift form. If you put Regrowth on your toolbar the icon will glow when the proc is up for it. I hope this makes sense.

Hi, I made an account just so I can could get some help. Purr seems to work fine, but Roar does not. The icon stays as a “?” and nothing happens when I click it. I’ve never had issues like this with a macro before so I was curious what i should do?

I’m having the same issue as listed above…Purr works great…thank you for your work on this macro btw

I think the problem some people are having with the 2 macros is the level 75 talent Incarnation: King of the Jungle. When you take this talent, Berserk gets removed. The Berserk line in “Purr” might be hanging up sometimes when “Roar” gets mashed.

I haven’t tested this out, but saw the possible cause of the reported problem.

I’m going to check it out, and will let you know if I see the issue.

Yes! I appreciate you catching that. I’ve updated Purr now. Thanks a million!