Pet aggro macro request

I dont know if you do requests or not, but if so maybe someone can help me with this since you guys seem to have found a way around the recently implemented GCD fixes.

I really want a single button that I can use to just have my pet attack targets when I’m soloing and want to give it a few seconds to commit to agro before I engage.

Ideally it would trigger Misdirect to my pet, then Bestial Wrath and Blink Strike, then Kill Command till Blink Strike is back off of CD.

Currently I use a Misdirect Macro on one key like this:

#showtooltip Misdirection
/cancelaura Misdirection
/use [@pet, nodead][]Misdirection

and I built a Pet attack button that uses this:

/petattack
/cast Bestial Wrath
/castsequence reset=combat/20/Target Blink Strike,Kill Command,Kill Command,Kill Command

But it doesn’t seem to reset the way I would have understood the commands.

[quote quote=5242]I dont know if you do requests or not, but if so maybe someone can help me with this since you guys seem to have found a way around the recently implemented GCD fixes.

I really want a single button that I can use to just have my pet attack targets when I’m soloing and want to give it a few seconds to commit to agro before I engage.

Ideally it would trigger Misdirect to my pet, then Bestial Wrath and Blink Strike, then Kill Command till Blink Strike is back off of CD.

Currently I use a Misdirect Macro on one key like this:

#showtooltip Misdirection

/cancelaura Misdirection

/use [@pet, nodead][]Misdirection

and I built a Pet attack button that uses this:

/petattack

/cast Bestial Wrath

/castsequence reset=combat/20/Target Blink Strike,Kill Command,Kill Command,Kill Command

But it doesn’t seem to reset the way I would have understood the commands.
[/quote]

Hello Mark, I am not in the game right now but I can give it a try.

/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Blink Strike
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Kill Command
/castsequence [@pet, nodead] reset=0.3 0,Misdirection
/cast [combat] Bestial Wrath
/petattack

Hopefully that works how you want it, all combined in 1. Just spam it like a lazy macro :slight_smile:

Seems to work great actually tho it kinda spams MD when other stuff is off CD, but thats fine since I use the glyph that makes it reset if cast on pet :slight_smile:

I’ve discovered that my own latency is causing some of my addons to glitch since I’m on a crappy wireless but that I cant fix till I have more RL $$

Thanks a Lot

you can also try this.

/cast [@focus,help][help][@pet,exists] Misdirection

At the start of an instance or raid, set your focus target to the Main Tank, then use this macro just before pulling to cast Misdirection on him/her without losing your target. This will misdirect to your focus target, if that is friendly. If not, it will cast on a friendly selected target instead. If that doesn’t exist either, it will misdirect on your pet. That way, the macro works as intended in any situation, without the need of pressing qualifier keys or choosing between different buttons.

Here is the macro I use and generally won’t play my hunter without it anymore either. If you do not have a focus set on your tank it will auto misdirect to your pet without having to change targets. If you wish to set it on your tank simply select the tank you want it to go to hit the button then go back to normal and it will cast misdirection to your tank over your pet as long as they are set to your focus and you will not have to change targets.

#showtooltip
/focus [help]
/stopmacro [help]
/cast [@focus,exists] Misdirection;[@pet,exists] Misdirection