- No longer valid - (Please Delete Post)

• No longer valid - (Please Delete Post)
1 Like

The same thing can’t be achieved with this setting?

i have a razer orbweaver Chroma have it should this be the same concept

1 Like

If I use this with GSE can I get banned or in trouble in any way?

Cuz I love GSE, but keep smashing my #2 key non-stop during combat is starting to hurt my finger!

1 Like

There is always a risk of being banned for using software to spam keys. Having said that i have used software to spam keys as fast as 0ms in wow since the burning crusade and have never been banned for it. The real grey area is if your using the softer to toggle the key spam on and off. That is bad in the eyes of blizzard. I typically use repeat while key is pressed. Again though i don’t think anyone has been banned for that either.

hi can you pls check this ,is this so ok i bind it on my razer naga trinity mouse

what do i do if i have a razer syanpse 2 mouse?

if i remember right with synapse 2 you can insert delay after the keypress

:smiling_imp:

This is my Synapse Setup LUL idk why u guys has text thing in it tbh my runs so good that method calls me every day asking me to join

-BladePro

cause the blank text after key down key up adds the delay causing the key press to be instant then delay. The people with tinfoil hats don’t like running there macros fast. They cant seem to grasp the concept that priority based macros run better faster.

3 Likes

Yes - this makes sense. Priority macros MUST run very fast

It’s the delay that actually dictates the ‘speed’ of the macro. In Corsair, you can just prescribe this manually.

This is actually a myth hiding poor macro design. Priority isn’t even priority it’s mathematically weighted probability that something is potentially more likely to occur. Your macro will fire whatever line it is up to as soon as you have a clear GCD. This is irrespective of whether it’s sequential or priority. What matters is how many lines are cycling in your GCD window as to what comes next. The faster the macro MS the more lines that cycle which once you get to 100ms that’s 15 lines per GCD. Even at that speed irrespective of priority or sequential you are essentially playing whack-a-mole with what line shall we use. The faster this is the harder it is for your macro to be predictable and as you add haste the more random and less consistent the outcome 
 but what would I know about how GSE works anyway.

1 Like

There is also the 400ms spell queue window, so my understanding is that at GCD less 400ms it can queue up an ability to use, that gives the macro 400ms to find at least one thing that is not on cooldown, the last one before the 400ms is up gets used.

If running a macro at 100ms that would give 4 bites of the cherry to find a spell that can be cast before you are in the realm of not casting anything but still trying to find something that can be cast.

With that in mind, the only reason to run faster than 100ms is if your macro is designed in such a way that it is possible to hit 4 spells that could not be cast in a row (with at least one that could be cast if it got to it).

If I’ve got it wrong please let me know as it will help with macro design.

1 Like

Spell Queue Window has had no relevance for a VERY VERY long time (read at least the last 12 years).

The macro line is only valid at the point in which it is attempted to be executed. If you are under the GCD and you press your macro - the GCD ability in that command stack is ignored. The macro just moves on and its the next valid line after the GCD Window is complete that is executed.

1 Like

I thought I’d test out the assumption that SpellQueueWindow has no bearing and did a little experiment.

Logged on as one of my hunters, removed trinkets and all gear with any haste, checked my stats and it showed no haste. Issued the command /dump GetCVar(“SpellQueueWindow”) and it returned 400 (i.e. 400ms). Setup my razer hardware to fire a key 5 times a second (i.e. 200ms) and then created a macro with the following sequence to run on it:

/cast [@target] Concussive Shot
/cast [@target] Arcane Shot
/cast [@target] Barbed Shot
/cast [@target] Cobra Shot
/cast [@target] Multi-Shot
/tar player
/sit

The theory would be if spells are queued you would get Concussive Shot followed by Cobra Shot after 1.5s although the spell would be attempted at 1.4s (the intervening spells skipped due to either GCD effect or being replaced within the Spell Queue Window. If the spells are not queued then Concussive Shot would be followed by Multi-Shot after 1.6s.

The result was Concussive Shot followed by Cobra Shot, so far so good, the spell queue window is working as intended. So then I changed the macro to this:

/tar player
/sit

Now the second concussive shot when attempted at 1.4s in will be on cooldown. So with a 400ms queue window I would be expecting the previous spell Barbed Shot queued at 1.2s which hasn’t been replaced with concussive shot due to concussive shot being on a 14s cooldown.

The result was Concussive Shot followed by Barbed Shot as expected.

I then changed the macro to this:

/tar player
/sit

Now the final Arcane Shot is scheduled to fire at 1.0s so outside the queue window, concussive shot is on cooldown so they fail to queue at 1.2s and 1.4s, so I expect Multi-Shot to fire at 1.6s.

The result was Concussive Shot followed by Multi-Shot.

So in summary, the Spell Queue Window is working as expected.

This means with a macro firing every 100ms it should have 4 chances to find a spell that is not on cooldown to queue up and fire once the GCD of 1.5s is up (or less if you have haste). If your macro cannot find a spell to fire within that window you are then encountering a delay on top of the GCD until it can find one.

Priority macros are more likely to repeat spells that are on cooldown so are more likely to experience an issue without a very fast click rate (depends on how well the macro is written of course). Sequential are less likely but not exempt from the issue, it really depends on how many spells you might encounter in a row that are on cooldown during the 400ms window.

I ran the same test and dont get the results you are getting.

I get Concussive then Barbed shot first time.

I get Concussive then Barbed shot second time.

Then Concussive and then Multi Third. (Lines 7 and 8 were in individual spell cooldown)

/gse debug pointed out that I was in GCD still for lines 2-6. My GCD was 1.35

Thats at 200MS which you said you were using.

This is how the spells should have fired using the macro I suggested and 200ms macro firing

0.0s /cast [@target] Concussive Shot
0.2s /cast [@target] Arcane Shot
0.4s /cast [@target] Arcane Shot
0.6s /cast [@target] Arcane Shot
0.8s /cast [@target] Arcane Shot
1.0s /cast [@target] Arcane Shot
1.2s /cast [@target] Barbed Shot
1.4s /cast [@target] Cobra Shot
1.6s /cast [@target] Multi-Shot
1.8s /tar player
2.0s /sit

Make sure you have a 400ms spell queue window by checking with the command /dump GetCVar(“SpellQueueWindow”)

With 1.5s GCD the spell queue will run from 1.1s to 1.5s (over the barbed shot at 1.2s and cobra shot at 1.4s). However, with a 1.35s GCD the spell queue will run from 0.95s to 1.35s (over the last 1.0s arcane shot and the 1.2s barbed shot) so I would have expected an arcane shot for you on the last run, but because you only have a .05s grace period at the 1.0s shot and 1.4s shot I think you are at the mercy of latency (hardware, software or network).

You have two choices to replicate the experiment a little more accurately; get your GCD up to 1.5s by removing all haste kit, remove trinkets in case they interfere and make sure any talents dont interfere (I ran with Beastmaster 2112211) and keep the test the same, or alternatively keep things the same and change the frequency of the calls to the macro. I also dismissed the pets to make sure they didn’t interfere.

You want to change the frequency so you can cast two spells within the GCD window but with enough of a gap before the first and after the second that latency is not going to mess with your results. I chose BM hunter as you have enough instant cast spells to test it.

For a 1.35s GCD

With a 1.35s GCD (spell queue of 400ms will be between 0.95s and 1.35s), changing the frequency to 0.21s (210ms) and removing one of the arcane shots should work which will give this (stating the obvious, but remove the timings when pasting into the macro :slight_smile: ):

0.00s /cast [@target] Concussive Shot
0.21s /cast [@target] Arcane Shot
0.42s /cast [@target] Arcane Shot
0.63s /cast [@target] Arcane Shot
0.84s /cast [@target] Arcane Shot
1.05s /cast [@target] Barbed Shot
1.26s /cast [@target] Cobra Shot
1.47s /cast [@target] Multi-Shot
1.68s /tar player
1.89s /sit

Shots 2 to 5 (arcane shot) are before the spell queue so wont be queued, spells 6 (barbed shot) is queued, spell 7 (cobra shot) replaces the queued spell 6, and the GCD ends before spell 8 (multi-shot), so it casts the queued spell (cobra shot). RESULT = Concussive Shot followed by Cobra Shot.

/tar player
/sit

Now shots 2 to 5 (arcane shot) are before the spell queue so wont be queued, spells 6 (barbed shot) is queued, spell 7 (concussive shot) is on cooldown so wont replace the queued spell 6, and the GCD ends before spell 8 (multi-shot), so it casts the queued spell (barbed shot). RESULT = Concussive Shot followed by Barbed Shot.

/tar player
/sit

Now shots 2 to 5 are before the spell queue so wont be queued, spells 6-7 are on cooldown, so it casts spell 8 the first spell after the gcd. RESULT = Concussive Shot followed by Multi-Shot.

An alternative way to prove the spell queue window regardless of GCD window although latency may mess with it a bit.

Make sure you have a 400ms spell queue window by checking with this command in the chat window /dump GetCVar(“SpellQueueWindow”)

Set your macro to fire 10 times a second or every 100ms.

Create a macro like this:

/cast [@target] Cobra Shot
/tar player
/sit

Run the macro and if you see Concussive Shot followed by Arcane Shot then remove one of the Arcane Shots, rinse and repeat removing one Arcane Shot at a time until you see Concussive Shot followed by Barbed Shot.

Now if the Spell Queue theory is correct, that Barbed Shot is at the end of the Spell Queue window. Remove one more Arcane Shot and re-run the macro and you should see Concussive Shot followed by Cobra Shot.

Now comes the interesting bit. Replace the Cobra Shot with a Concussive Shot (which will be on cooldown), i.e.

other arcane shots in here to make up the right numbers for your GCD 

/tar player
/sit

Now if the Spell Queue Window was not a thing you would expect the next spell in the list Multi-Shot, not the previous spell Barbed Shot. You should get Barbed Shot.

I’m not arguing with you but every test I run I get the same result. I change that CVar and it makes no difference to which line comes into effect. Whatever the next line is after my GCD window expires - that is the next line for me that executes.

Not arguing either, but did you check the combat log or just the GSE debug as this image suggests that the GSE debug is not seeing the whole truth