Request Windwalker Monk Macro

Hey guys,

So I’ve been lurking through the topics on this Forum and I am struggling to find “The Best” macro around here for top damage in raids/pve and so on…
Could you point me to a macro you are using/suggesting and enjoying?

Thanks

https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/modified-from-aggmans/page/4/#post-62971

https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/modified-from-aggmans/page/4/#post-62971 (with my own touches)

Though you’re best to not play windwalker right now because we’re fucking trash.

[quote quote=65910]https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/modified-from-aggmans/page/4/#post-62971 (with my own touches)
Though you’re best to not play windwalker right now because we’re fucking trash.[/quote]
Thanks! But I only see what “Zelios” posted, where can I find the code with your “touches”? what else did you add there? Haha why are we trash right now if you don’t mind me asking :slight_smile: Also, I saw you write about @ms 25 or something like that what does this mean?

I don’t think they are trash right now, i just think that the macros are being fully optimised as the thinking may be to try and keep each used skill separate with no repeats due to hit combo, but really this is no longer used in the build

WW monks are definitely not trash now, but they have some silly mechanics like defensive cooldowns being offensive and doing over 10% of damage. As WW monk I feel that windwalkers will be in really good place after some Touch of Karma reworks and overall optimization. Finally, about macros for WW. Aggman’s BFA macro is best of all for me at 50 miliseconds, but due to nature of WW rotation you will never be able to get more than 80-90% parse.

If you want really high performance macro, try playing Hunter :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote quote=65928]WW monks are definitely not trash now, but they have some silly mechanics like defensive cooldowns being offensive and doing over 10% of damage. As WW monk I feel that windwalkers will be in really good place after some Touch of Karma reworks and overall optimization. Finally, about macros for WW. Aggman’s BFA macro is best of all for me at 50 miliseconds, but due to nature of WW rotation you will never be able to get more than 80-90% parse.
If you want really high performance macro, try playing Hunter ?[/quote]
Thanks for your reply,
By “50 milisecond” you mean?
Sorry for the noob question but I’m new and this is my first macro I have ever used so I don’t really understand what you mean… I just press the key that I placed the macro on rapidly in order for it to cast my skills.

[quote quote=65920]

https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/modified-from-aggmans/page/4/#post-62971 (with my own touches) Though you’re best to not play windwalker right now because we’re fucking trash.

Thanks! But I only see what “Zelios” posted, where can I find the code with your “touches”? what else did you add there? Haha why are we trash right now if you don’t mind me asking ? Also, I saw you write about @ms 25 or something like that what does this mean?[/quote]

That’s the one I use, I’ve just added modifiers for SEF in addition to optimizing it for Chi Wave - I haven’t posted an updated version of his. I only use it for m+ because there are less mechanics to be critical of, otherwise I play monk manually.

25ms is the speed which the macro is spammed using either AHK or mouse/keyboard software.

Despite the other two posts about WW not being “bad” they are, period.

We’re not viable in high m+ nor mythic progression. I was able to progress to 5/8 mythic but since BOK trait nerf, we’re just competitive in damage anymore. The 50% nerf hit about 30% overall damage. Additionally, we do such poor AOE damage now compared to what we used to in Legion, any hectic cleave bosses such as zek or zul, we can’t compete against pretty much every other preferred AOE class.

There’s a reason why Method and every other competitive prog team didn’t and isn’t using a WW until ghuun.

Agreed with Abby. I was chatting with Babylonius and thier not in a good spot right now. Waiting on hot fixes for that class.

[quote quote=65933]

https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/modified-from-aggmans/page/4/#post-62971 (with my own touches) Though you’re best to not play windwalker right now because we’re fucking trash.

Thanks! But I only see what “Zelios” posted, where can I find the code with your “touches”? what else did you add there? Haha why are we trash right now if you don’t mind me asking ? Also, I saw you write about @ms 25 or something like that what does this mean?
That’s the one I use, I’ve just added modifiers for SEF in addition to optimizing it for Chi Wave – I haven’t posted an updated version of his. I only use it for m+ because there are less mechanics to be critical of, otherwise I play monk manually. 25ms is the speed which the macro is spammed using either AHK or mouse/keyboard software. Despite the other two posts about WW not being “bad” they are, period. We’re not viable in high m+ nor mythic progression. I was able to progress to 5/8 mythic but since BOK trait nerf, we’re just competitive in damage anymore. The 50% nerf hit about 30% overall damage. Additionally, we do such poor AOE damage now compared to what we used to in Legion, any hectic cleave bosses such as zek or zul, we can’t compete against pretty much every other preferred AOE class. There’s a reason why Method and every other competitive prog team didn’t and isn’t using a WW until ghuun.[/quote] I understand thanks a bunch for helping a newbie! I got it to work with a macro keyboard software that I have, how many ms would you suggest using for this script? also I agree with what you say and I hope they will do some changes for us WW Monks so we can come back and kick some butt.

[quote quote=65938]

Thanks! But I only see what “Zelios” posted, where can I find the code with your “touches”? what else did you add there? Haha why are we trash right now if you don’t mind me asking ? Also, I saw you write about @ms 25 or something like that what does this mean?
That’s the one I use, I’ve just added modifiers for SEF in addition to optimizing it for Chi Wave – I haven’t posted an updated version of his. I only use it for m+ because there are less mechanics to be critical of, otherwise I play monk manually. 25ms is the speed which the macro is spammed using either AHK or mouse/keyboard software. Despite the other two posts about WW not being “bad” they are, period. We’re not viable in high m+ nor mythic progression. I was able to progress to 5/8 mythic but since BOK trait nerf, we’re just competitive in damage anymore. The 50% nerf hit about 30% overall damage. Additionally, we do such poor AOE damage now compared to what we used to in Legion, any hectic cleave bosses such as zek or zul, we can’t compete against pretty much every other preferred AOE class. There’s a reason why Method and every other competitive prog team didn’t and isn’t using a WW until ghuun.
I understand thanks a bunch for helping a newbie! I got it to work with a macro keyboard software that I have, how many ms would you suggest using for this script? also I agree with what you say and I hope they will do some changes for us WW Monks so we can come back and kick some butt.[/quote]

30ms assuming your latency isn’t too high.

@Abby Thanks for helping a newbie out! it works great.

Personally, I would disagree about monks being booboo dmg dealers, in my guild raids I do best dmg and I would really consider the people I raid with to be for the most part good players. Keep in mind that we are pretty casual but we raid every week so take it as you want :stuck_out_tongue:

Using a macro or manually? :slight_smile:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/rankings/19#class=Monk&spec=Windwalker

They don’t look so bad from my pov :confused:

[quote quote=66262]https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/rankings/19#class=Monk&spec=Windwalker
They don’t look so bad from my pov :/[/quote]

True. They don’t look so bad at all, only 10K+ DPS behind others on the hardest progression bosses, lmao.

It seems a misrepresentation to base an entire class off two fights, one being an aoe heavy fight that is in particular favoring one rog spec. :confused: but w/e, you’re free to class hate