Shirk MM Simple macro for simple people (Updated 16/01)

Would you like to share it? :slight_smile:

I will do yes, let me get the AOE part built and put some miles on it before sharing. Lessons learned here.

I warn you however, it’s ridiculous. 4 macros for ST and 4 macros for AOE all working together. Easier to use than the MM one but still silly really. There’s likely an easier way to do it but this seems to work very well.

1 Like

Love to see it, I have found my greatest difficulty in BM macros is overcasting Cobra Shot, I haven’t found away around it (beyond a castsequence that is KC,CS,CS), I thought about using pause somewhere but haven’t figured it out yet. The reason I think BM is harder to get perfect is we don’t have a focus generator, so BM is supposed to have some GCDs off, hard to do with a spam macro. Still, with 3 simple macros I am able to regularly parse in the 80s with Normal raids, my guild moves to Heroic next week: 1 - Basic ST rotation, 2 - Barbed Shot/Bestial Wrath (I can much more reliably maintain 3 stack Frenzy manually with a WA), 3 - Aoe. I also separately manage by Wild Spirits & AOTW.

Last week I was experimenting, so I didn’t perform as well, but here is my logs if anybody is interested:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/52576569

Whack your cobras on a timer.

/click Macroname - put this on keypress in your main macro and create the below macro.

Pre:

/cast Steady Shot
/cast Steady Shot

Sequence

/cast Steady Shot
/click pause x (Use this number to tune to your liking)
/cast Steady Shot

/cast Steady Shot
/cast Steady Shot

Remove casts from pre and post and adjust pause timer to suit your haste/rotation.

(The macro see’s steady as Cobra, if you type Cobra it’ll change anyway)

1 Like

Brilliant suggestion, been playing around with this and I think I’ve got it tuned. Thanks for the idea!

1 Like

Works magic for aoe as well, multicast heaven.

Now make another one for barbed, then make a cobra and barbed one for burst (shorter timers) then do all of that again for aoe, then stitch them all together with convoluted click commands and modifiers. You end up with 8 macros and a damn near perfect rotation :sweat_smile: pity it does 30% less dps than a dirty inefficient mm macro.

1.5 Pause on Arcane Shot (I scaled from 1.0 to 1.5 seeing what didn’t overcap and undercap my focus(11.42% Haste))
150ms (I scaled back from 300ms, was missing casts with higher ms)

iLevel 212, no buffs/food/potions, 11x2x32

ST Macro
Time Ran: 4m 45s
DPS: 3,753
Casts
Aimed Shot: 40 - 1.4k
Arcane Shot: 55 - 720
Rapid Fire: 18 - 402
Wild Spirits: 3 - 285
Auto Shot - 88 - 244
Steady Shot - 41 - 222

Wild Spirits wasn’t always casting with the True Shot opener macro, it’d sometimes cast when theres 6s~ left on True Shot halfway into the macro itself, which is a lot of wasted dps.

Manually
DPS: 3894
Time Ran: 4m 33s
Casts
Aimed Shot: 39 - 1.4k
Arcane Shot: 52 - 783
Rapid Fire: 17 - 407
Wild Spirits: 3 - 332
Auto Shot: 82 - 239
Steady Shot: 43 - 209

The missing shots in manual are down to the 10s difference.

We’ve got heroic raiding on Wednesday, so I’ll be able to provide logs for people then.
Though my logs are terrible, so they’re not exactly useful. :^)

1 Like

re dirty rotation. the problem with trying to get a perfect rotation is that the macros are not intelligent.

This is how I see it…

Lets say you have zero haste and your GCD is 1.5 seconds, WOW by default allows 400ms of queue time to queue up an ability so its ready to go, so after an instant cast between 0 and 1.1 secs any ability that is attempted will be rejected as it cannot be queued yet, and then the first one that can be queued after 1.1 secs is queued, but then every ability it tries after that until the cast is finished and the GCD is over less 400ms queue time is again rejected.

If your key click rate is 100ms you have a max of 4 attempts to cycle through to find something to cast before you are in the area of casting anything is better than nothing at all and this is why often times priority rather than sequence can really suck.

If you are casting manually you can try and line up at least one aimed or rapid fire for when volley goes off, aside from the initial burst when the macro starts this is not possible without causing delays where you are in the realm of casting anything is better than nothing.

I applaud your efforts in trying to get a perfect rotation using the blunt tool that is GSE, and look forward to seeing one that yields better dps than a dirty inefficient macro (as the author of a dirty macro myself :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just for clarification, I’m using my own macro as an example of a dirty inefficient MM one, not anyone else’s. Comparing it to the BM one I made it’s inferior in every way.

Thanks man, I’ve not done anything today with it aside from a little playtime. Been a busy day.

I’m sure there’s loads of inconsistencies in the description and throughout the thread as I was flip flopping between talents and methods. I’ll take some time to clean it all up when and if I get it to a point I am happy.

From today’s play I’ve formed the opinion that between hectic M+ pulls and mechanics, bar switching and modifiers are just too much for my aging brain to comprehend. I often find myself half way through a boss fight and realise I’ve forgotten to switch off the burst macro and am not casting steady shots and blowing focus like crazy. I need to find a better solution, if I can solve the WS/TS not casting correctly on mod that would do the job.

Will work on that next, or just cast those two manually before pushing the mod key. Either way bar switching is not the ticket for me personally.

1 Like

I just stuck the burst macro onto Shift 1 and the default macro onto 1.

Though it’d be easier to use use an AHK Script that allows the use of spamming 1 and 2.

Hey @Shirk have you found it? :slightly_smiling_face:

Still messing around, nothing major has changed. I’ve been manual for a few days as we’re pushing mythic.

Will update if and when there is any change my dudes.

1 Like

Hi Shirk!
I like where you’re going with this!

I’m having trouble with the current ST not firing the arcane shots at all.

AOE seems to work pretty well, after I changed the pause to /click pause.

I’ve tweaked the opener a bit, and removed everything after volley, and added Blood Fury.

I’m building this macro for a friend who has some recent medical difficulties and it’s causing issues with his left hand. Modifiers are ok but complex keypresses are an issue.

This is all an effort to keep him competitive to a semi high degree. I’ve been running manual, semi manual and automated for a week now on loads of different content and I’m finding it extremely hard to bring MM up to anything close to acceptable. Semi manual, by having an opener for AOE and ST as well as combining some abilities such as one button for Aim/Steady/DT/Explosive/Rapid have given great results but still prove an issue for my dude.

So we’re on to BM now, having far greater success with sustained damage ST on BM and the aoe is passable. Hopefully as the expansion gets deeper and stats increase BM will become more viable. Also looking at just shelving hunter all together and finding a class that is easier to one button with mods (any suggestions welcome).

I hope my ramblings here have helped people, I’ve had a few messages saying that people have modified the stuff I’ve made and come up with great results, I’ll leave it all as is for you guys to pick up from.

2 Likes

I’ve not played a lot of classes this expansion so far, but last expansion I found feral, guardian, outlaw, blood, destruction, prot pally all pretty good on one button, but never raided with any of them so cannot speak for how competitive they were.

1 Like

ret pally very good on 1 button

1 Like

Hello @Shirk you posted several times new modified macros in this thread, and I’m wondering, if you also updated it the main macros at the beginning, or not. If not which combination is new and the best? And thx very much for your work.

Find your way over to @anon80944990 thread where he’s pushing on with development of a version of what I started here.

https://wowlazymacros.com/t/shirk-mm-macros-w-scarylarrygames-modding-updated-1-30-2021/22078

2 Likes