Single Button Balance druid macro sets for patch 10.2 level 70 update: 12/02/23

Me, too. I saw someone point that out in a thread a while ago.

In your self healing macro the line:

/cast [nochanneling] Barkskin

Located in the keypress variable is actually blocking the macro from executing.

I noticed some spells were causing macro locking at some point, maybe Barkskin actually changed behavior regarding this.

I’ve been using this macro and so far is the best one for me in this forum.

1 Like

Yeah, but it would be nice if it got updates.

Alright, after taking a short break from this game I decided to mess around with this macro set a bit more. The biggest changes I made to the st and aoe sets is I added starfal/starsurge in additional spots in the rotation in to increase the chances that those spells will get used before Astral power has a chance to max out.

I also did some tweaking to the heals set to fix the barkskin issue and to hopefully improve its effectiveness. I also decided to add convoke the spirits to one of the blocks in the rotation which you should be able to easily disable if you don’t need that extra bit of survivability.

1 Like

Apparently with the new patch 10.0.5 these talents are out of date, could you please update them? Thank you.

1 Like

Alright, I took a bit more time to update this set due to the talents changing quite a bit on the balance side. I also made a few additional tweaks to the aoe and single target builds, specifically, I added a block for wild mushroom if you want to substitute some other talents for that one. This also now allows for the choice between full moon and fury of elune depending on the situation.

4 Likes

Thank you much!! Your contribution is very much appreciated!

1 Like

Thank you for the update! :slight_smile:

maybe ive made a mistake but just checking does the talent build have fury of elune in it but the macro dosnt use it at all ?
is that ment to be that way and manual use ?

It seems to work fine for me. As a tip, if you want to increase the chance that fury of elune will activate sooner when starting combat, I recommend disabling some blocks that include spells you don’t currently use (aka disable the new moon and wild mushroom blocks if you’re just going by the talent build I shared) along with maybe one or more blocks that include starsurge/starfall.

I always had great dps with the previous versions but when i try the latest ST macro, it does good damage the first 30 seconds (like almost 1,5 mil) and then the damage drops significantly for the last 30 seconds (my test is 1 min). The last 30 seconds it seems just to be casting wrath, wrath, wrath, random spell, wrath, wrath, random spell, wrath, wrath, wrath without anything else being active and does like 300k dmg compared to 1,5 mil.

When i use these wowhead ST 10.05 talents (Best Balance Druid Talent Tree Builds - Dragonflight 10.0.5 - Guides - Wowhead) he does a bit less damage in the first 30 seconds and he’s still casting wrath a lot in the second half, but he’s also casting other stuff in the second half so he does more dmg (2,45 mil compared to 1.8 mil with your talents), but i think he could easily get to 3 mil in 1 min on the dummy if things after the 30 second mark are tweaked more to make him cast other stuff then wrath.

1 Like

After a bit more testing, I also noticed it would sometimes start casting only wrath, to the point it will let the dots expire, so I decided to remove the action block that has wrath (starfire for the aoe set) and placed the spell in the castsequence block. That way, now it will only cast 4 wraths in the st set (3 starfires in the aoe set) then it will refresh the dots, all while checking to see if any of the cooldown spells or starsurge/starfall is able to be cast yet. Anyway, from what I can tell, this seems to have improved my dps quite nicely, and using either the st or aoe sets feels a lot more balanced and satisfying.

2 Likes

Alright, i will test the updated macro later today.

Great macro but I’m stumped… My screen will not stop flashing “You are in combat” while running the macro. I’ve checked and all the spells are combat spells but I must be missing something. Any ideas?

So i tested the macro and its way better after the latest update.

Good job!

1 Like

interesting thing is happening since the latest update of the macro. i use mouse button 4 to fire the macro and now it wont let me use mouse button 2 (free look button) while holding the macro down. this isnt the case with any other macro or the earlier version of this macro.

love the add on unsure if its me but when i use the ST one it pops roots> solar beam and then freezes the macro but the aoe seams to work fine

Hi because i am new to gse what is the “castsequence block” ( the line /castsequence ) or can add the steps. thank you

I am 370 ilvl and only pulling around 17-22k in m+5’s idk if this macro needs some updating or what all other classes in the dungeons are pushing 40k+ same ilvl and even lower…

Is anyone else pulling higher numbers?

Block 3 has the following but i can’t find the spell in my spell book anywhere (is this “full moon” that I see in my combat logs?)

KeyPress
/cast [nochanneling] New Moon
KeyRelease

Block 5 has the following but i also can’t find the spell in my spell book anywhere

KeyPress
/cast [nochanneling] Wild Mushroom
KeyRelease