SP ST PVE/PVP No Dot for Fun n' Profit (GS)

John Q.,

In your sequence you are using ‘/use 13’. Which equipment slot is that and what do you have equipped there?

Also your sequence seems to have Cascade disabled by an exclamation point, ‘/cast !Cascade’. Is this intentional?

/use 13 is for one of my PVP trinkets.

As far as the exclamation point in front of Cascade; I heard that not doing so was causing some peoples’ Cascade to not fire, so I just thought it wiser to include it into my macro.

And…

I’m back >:)

Yo John,

For Raiding purposes did you ever make an AoE Macro?

Thanks,

Nice to see you back John ! I had a lot of fun with this macro in Ashran…now i will try Arena:)

Glad to see that you like the macro; wish you continued good results with it!

–John Q.

[quote quote=28095]Yo John,

For Raiding purposes did you ever make an AoE Macro?

Thanks,

[/quote]

Yes. Since it auto-targets your target’s target (i.e, your tank or even yourself) it would be a good idea to use Reflective Shield for some extra DPS numbers.

You can find it here:

https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/simple-aoe-macro-gs/https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/simple-aoe-macro-gs/

For some reason, the link isn’t working; just copy-and-paste it and it’ll get you there. :wink:

–John Q.

i really wanted to love this macro but…locks up ,not enough orbs error

Did you follow my talent & glyph specs at the outset of my OP?

Also, don’t forget…below is the latest version:

Sequences['ShadowSTpwnage'] = {
StepFunction = [[
	limit = limit or 1
	if step == limit then
		limit = limit % #macros + 1
		step = 1
	else
		step = step % #macros + 1
	end
]],
PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
/cast [noform] !Shadowform
]],	
	'/cast [target=player]Power Word: Shield',
	'/use  13',
	'/cast Mind Blast',
	'/cast Devouring Plague',
	'/cast !Cascade',
	'/cast Mind Spike',
	'/cast Shadow Word: Death',
	'/cast Shadowfiend',
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/cast Fear Ward
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
]],
}

Hi,
this is my first post, so Hello all.
I have a shadow priest and I have gnomescuencer installe, but I have a problem, all the time that I introduce a cast with a chanelling, I mean mind spike for example, it doesn’t work, I have all the instant spells working perfect but, it doesn’t work with the spells that have to be casting and need time to cast.

It’s my problem or gnomesecuencer it doesn’t work any more with that kind of spells.

Thanks a lot.

[quote quote=28389]Hi,
this is my first post, so Hello all.
I have a shadow priest and I have gnomescuencer installe, but I have a problem, all the time that I introduce a cast with a chanelling, I mean mind spike for example, it doesn’t work, I have all the instant spells working perfect but, it doesn’t work with the spells that have to be casting and need time to cast.

It’s my problem or gnomesecuencer it doesn’t work any more with that kind of spells.

Thanks a lot.

[/quote]

If you need to run, Mind Spike cannot cast; it is in this macro as a filler spell only, but you will still be able to DPS even when running. If you want to want to cast more Mind Spikes…just stand still while holding down the macro button. :wink:

–John Q.

Thanks for the answer,
so we can’t use any spell that need casting time?. This is because blizz change something?

Blizzard did not change anything; Mind Spike was always a hard (timed) cast as far as I know. I added Mind Spike into the macro as a filler spell; it is not contingent on the remainder of the rotation.

You will get good DPS while RNGing with this macro–and survivabilty (because you can run and DPS at the same time).

But stand and cast Mind Spikes whenever you are able to for higher DPS.

All that I intended in this macro was the flexibility to do both fighting syles.

–John Q.

Hi John,
yes I know that you can’t cast if you run, but I mean that no spells that need to be casted are recogniced by the program and standing in the same place, Im clicking on and just Devouring Plague (if I have the orbs), cascade and shadowfiend are casted by my toon, don’t know why he didn’t want to cast (time cast), anything.

Well, Reading in other webs I saw that if you play in other languages (spanish is my case), the you will have problems with the spells with names that use accents

If you are having a problem with accents, try wrapping your casts with double quotation marks.

To use a hunter ability for example, '/cast ‘Master’s Call’ becomes “/cast Master’s Call”

The double quotations will still be recognized by GS.

Also, make sure to have Clarity of Power chosen as your tier 100 talent for your Mind Blasts.

Hope that helps.

–John Q.

Unfortunately the link to the aoe macro leads to a page not found. Any chance we can get that macro linked here?

For some reason the link is done twice and all one. https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/simple-aoe-macro-gs works

Am i doing something wrong? when i “run n gun” i have ALOT of time between casting something.

Are you using AHK or Razer Synapse? When I use either one of those, I always seem to be popping off a spell.

That said, you can run with this macro, but should only do so (for higher DPS) when you need to. As I am certain you found out, GS will spam Mind Spike when there is nothing else to cast and are standing still.

If worse comes to worse, we can add a PW:S targetstarget code in the macro, along with the already-existing self-PW:S code. That way, you shield your tanks (while in PVP), or a friendly flag carrier/healer in PVP.

Question I am using the macro but mine never casts cascade why