Survival – 5.1

Thanks to Eric and Michael for providing some macros. If you guys are looking for a multibar macro similar to this version is here. Let us know how it works for you guys or if you can make it even better post it here.

This is an Extended Macro ← Click for more info

Single Target:

/castsequence reset=target Serpent Sting,null
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,A Murder of Crows
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Glaive Toss
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Dire Beast
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Black Arrow
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Explosive Shot
/castsequence reset=5 Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot
/cast [combat] Rapid Fire
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/startattack

You can add your racial ability in between the last castsequence line and the Rapid Fire line.

AoE (Multi-Target) Version:

/castsequence reset=5 Multi-Shot,Cobra Shot,Cobra Shot
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/startattack

I updated this macro recently, it should be the first post of this topic on first page.

and a ae macro and ervry bodys is fine :wink:

I’ll put up one in a few minutes, is very easy to modify for aoe.

Thanks Michael, will try your macro and see how the geared hunter goes using a lazy macro.

I just tried frost mage macro by Gene and works really well, so about to try your hunter one and see how she goes.

Thanks for the explanation on the hot bars, got that sorted now :slight_smile:

Hi Luis

Your macros appear to be missing from the 1st post. the English drop downs disappear before I can click on them. Can you re-post a cut and paste plesase.

Many thanks

single target macro.

/castsequence reset=target Serpent Sting,null /castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,A Murder of Crows /castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Glaive Toss /castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Dire Beast /castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Black Arrow /castsequence reset=0.3 0,Explosive Shot /castsequence reset=5 Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot /cast [combat] Rapid Fire /use [combat] 13 /use [combat] 14 /startattack
aoe macro..
/castsequence reset=target Serpent Sting,null /castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,A Murder of Crows /castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Glaive Toss /castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Dire Beast /castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Black Arrow /castsequence reset=0.3 0,Explosive Shot /castsequence reset=5 Multi-Shot,Cobra Shot,Cobra Shot /cast [combat] Rapid Fire /use [combat] 13 /use [combat] 14 /startattack
i only have one question.

how are we gonna take advantage of the improved serpent sting.

i ask this cause at the single macro it may refreshes the duration but if there was a new cast of serpent sting the we would gain dps from the improved one.

so far all hunters where above me in dps all used the improved serpent sting with great results.

just food for thought in case we come up with something better

Correct me if I am wrong but Improved Serpent Sting is a passive ability giving Serpent Sting an extra 50% damage and an extra 30% of total periodic damage as bonus instant damage. This combined with Serpent Spread (Passive) is where you will see the big numbers.

From what I have seen from the really high dps hunters, doing aoe they prioritize Multi-Shot and Glaive Toss over everything else. When using the above macros and even mine, Black Arrow alone uses almost one Multi_Shot worth of focus. Combine that (Black Arrow) with Explosive Shots (x 2) and you got a total of 85 focus which is just over 2 M-S per rotation. Count that up on 20 mobs and see how much dps is lost. For aoe you could definitely take out /castsequence reset=target Serpent Sting,null.

M-S applies Serpent Sting. You could also probably remove Black Arrow, Explosive Shot and Murder of Crows. Keep in mind for 3-5 mobs or less it would be a dps loss but for over 5 mobs I would say the gain is a lot.

Using my macro on the first Quillen packs in MSV doesn’t do as much damage as I seen other hunters do with the same or even less quality gear than mine. That is because they do like I said above. You probably need 2 aoe macros, one for small packs and one for large packs. Try this out for large packs and see how you go.

I am doing 78-79k dps on (keep well in mind) 3 dummies. Dps breakdown is what I see other hunters doing with large packs ie -10 minutes testing. Top 3 damage. Mod is there for using MoC manually on trash that lives long enough eg : Mel’jarak trash. Though on the Quillens I wouldn’t use MoC.

Serpent Sting 34.4%
Improved Serpent Sting 19%
Multi-Shot 13.7%

/castsequence [mod]Cobra Shot;reset=5 Multi-Shot,Cobra Shot,Multi-Shot,Cobra Shot,Multi-Shot,Cobra Shot,Multi-Shot,Cobra Shot,Cobra Shot
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Glaive Toss
/castsequence reset=0.3 Dire Beast
/startattack

Holding 83-84k dps (3 dummies) with my normal aoe macro - ie use all spells. Breakdown for top 3 spells is -

Serpent Sting 32.7%
Auto Shot 12.3%
Explosive Shot 9.9%

So there is a 5k difference there but I would say on large packs this macro will win by far. Plz test this in raid and offer some feedback as I will too.

u are correct that Improved Serpent Sting is passive that is why i asked in here about that

cause when i look my recount the sv hunters using it the top 3 dps abilities they have is Serpent Sting, Improved Serpent Sting, arcane shot.

i cant see the rest cause i fight at the moment and i will take a pic of tha dps to post it in here

Baboulas7 I see what you are saying - in all our single target macros we only cast Serpent Sting once so we are not getting any Improved Serpent Sting passive at all. 30% of 40,085 damage over time is 12.000 damage if we use it often. I did some tests and results are as follows, DPF=damage per focus, all abilities tested over 10 shots self buffed and full durations of ticks.

Black Arrow - 2571 DPF

Arcane Shot - 1583 DPF

Explosive Shot - 2008 DPF

Serpent Sting - 7048 DPF

Improved Serpent Sting - 1092 DPF

Just by looking at that alone shows me that Improved Serpent Sting shouldn’t be a priority for single target rotations. AOE rotations definitely, Multiply 1092 x 20 mobs = 21,800 DPF Because 2 abilities there have a CD then the DPF per second will be a bit less than shown.

Iam not very firm with the “new” /castequence-technology, but is it possible to expand the macro with KillShot ? My idea is:

/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,0,Kill Shot

/use [combat] 10 (for the engineers)

/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/startattack

Kill Shot anywhere in a single macro doesn’t work as it should. The only way I see it working is with multiple hotbars and having it as a dedicated hotbar 2, 3 or 4 macro (for example)

It can be done to put KS in there, but you will lose out on an ability.

I’m still working on it, but I don’t think I have it either. I know there is a way to put KS in there and if put in the right spot will fire off 2 every 10 seconds too. I got that to work, but when I did that the main cast sequence (AS and CS) didn’t work

i would like to see char’s config … glyphs, talents with the macrosetups.

thanks in advance, choo lie

Here you guys go. Guaranteed Kill Shots every time too. I tested this out tonight in our guild raid and I was easy able to get 60+ k DPS with it.

Single Target:

/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Barrage

/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Kill Shot

/use [combat] 13

/use [combat] 14

/startattack

Just so you know, I took out Dire Beast. Dire Beast for Survival and Marksmen is a waste of a talent. Also Barrage does more DPS than Glaive Toss.

thanks Michael

Thanks Micheal. Trying it out now in LFR. :slight_smile:

But if I may ask, What did you use in the talent tree since you took Dire Beast out. I assume Fervor?

Thanks again tho. Been wanting to go back to Survival for awhile. But I do better with BM atm. :stuck_out_tongue:

A guildie took Fervor I took Thrill of the Hunt. I just wanted something that was passive. I don’t like Thrill because I feel I get too much focus now, but my DPS is still on top so its ok.

i’m having a problem. no matter what macro i copy n’ paste. they do not work for me. i don’t get it. i too have version 5.1 of wow, all the required addons too. i did as the youtube video showed me as well. yet when i click the icon for the macro. nothing but the first attack happens.
i’m just really confused. isn’t the macro suppose to rinse and repeat until the target is dead? or am i suppose to spam click or press the bound key to the slot where the macro icon is placed? please help me :slight_smile:

i forgot to add that i’m level 66… so i don’t have cobra shot etc etc. is this why it wont work for me?

Hello Paul, yes you have to spam the key as long you are in combat. Sorry but Blizzard does not allow macros or script that play the game (character) for you.

As far as your level, just remove any spells from the macro that you do not have yet and then add them when you do have them.