Test this macro! Feral 5.4

This is only one Macro for single target. For me it works great. I use it for both front and behind. No I do not use Shred. Shred is now pretty much a wasted spell.

Mangle - Cost less energy due to this you can get more combo points off for things like FB. Also remember on crits you get EXTRA combo points as well.

I also do not use Thrash for single target either. I would rather once again use a mangle instead. Yes the bleed is nice but so is a +300k crit on an FB.

I am sitting at about 515 iLevel right now. I can hold my own in raids. Not saying I am the best kitty but I am no slob. I am not at the bottom of the pack or the top of the pack.

I stack agility in my gear. I know most are stacking mastery and yes I am even doing that as well by reforging but when it comes to Gems I shoot for agil gems. So I do not use your typical build. I stack Agil so I can get off some monstrous FB’s and Mangles crits. It works fairly well for me.

Wow did state they where trying to get people away from the cookie cutter build and no my build might not be the best. You can Gem mastery and try to have your rakes your top damaging ability. That is okay. However you will be feeling kinda stuck as that makes it a game of waiting for energy and energy pooling. I HATE THAT. Being stuck with nothing to do but wait for enrergy I love smooth game play.

Soooo without further ado. Please test this macro. If you want to try out my build of Agil stacking please give me some thoughts and opinions on it. BTW I have been in raids with mastery stackers with far better gear then I and I seem to perform better in most fights. However in fights where I can not sit on the boss I do lack and they do pull ahead due to there bleeds.

I have modified previous macros from previous threads. So credit is given to those who have came before me.

#showtooltip Mangle
/castsequence [stealth]reset=combat Savage Roar,Ravage,null
/castsequence reset=target Rake,null
/console autounshift 0
/castsequence [@player, combat] reset=0.5 0,Healing Touch
/console autounshift 1
/castsequence reset=target Mangle,Rip,Rake,Mangle,Faerie Fire,Mangle,Savage Roar,Mangle,Rake,Mangle,Ferocious Bite,Mangle,Rake
/use [nostealth]Prowl
/use [combat,nostealth]Tiger's Fury
/use [combat,nostealth]Barkskin
/use [combat,nostealth]Berserk
/use [noform:3]Cat Form
/use [combat,nostealth]13
/use [combat,nostealth]14
/startattack [combat,nostealth]
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]

I got great burst and after 5 sec it completely locked up. I make some of the top macros on this site, so I know its 100% nothing to do with what I did. There is no possible way you are raiding with this macro. Are you sure you provided us with the same macro? Also are you using superdupermacro or macro toolkit? Id assume you are using macro toolkit as most of us are, just want to be sure.

It appears to be locking up at the end of the castsequence. Also it is not properly using the combo points.

I have tried a lot of manipulation but no matter what I do; whether it be with priority sequences, removing the null variables at the end and changing the reset=target in your castsequence to a specific time, etc, it locks up. I don’t have a lot of experience with feral nor the strong desire to make one since I do far superior damage with a lot more ease on my dk or shadow priest, but still would be nice to have one. I know for sure this macro does not work in its current form. If anyone can look at it; it would be very nice. Its probably having a lot of the same problems as previous ones because people keep rehashing the same broken macros, instead of making one from scratch.

Not complaining, just letting you know that although some macros work for feral, I have yet to see one that is doing 100k plus in pvp gear and keeping up with other dps in raids. The highest sustained I have seen on any macro for feral while in IL 496 Full Tyrannical is around 60-65k sustained. Usually the macros either lock up like this, but a few dont; however, do mediocre damage.

Its not a complaint; just an observation.

I’m using one I found here that i’ve been using on ptr since its still up currently I have half of the 533gear so I can try to work on it a bit for optimal results, but, I’ll post them later for you guys to check out. Want to give credit to the author, but, I can’t seem to find the macro on here anymore

496 Full Tyrannical

This macro could not work for you even if you tried. Yes my gear is not much higher then yours right now sitting at 515 but it is PVE gear. Big difference.

There is many reasons why your macro might be locking up and all macros do lock up on occasions due to misfired abilities and what not this is why you always keep a mangle on the bar is for such instances. This has been stated time and time again did not think I needed to put that in there.

However for me I can sit on the dummy hours on end with this macro and not have one bit of trouble. I have tried many macros in the feral section my favorite are by Michael Jackson and no matter which one of his I try I can still sit on the dummy hours on end without it locking up. Not sure why anyone else is having a problem unless they are not hit or expertise capped or have hit the crit thresh hold.

It is true though that one simple missed syntax can make all the difference in the world.

Wrong; this macro absolutely 100% does not work. Don’t say all macros lock up. Obviously you havent used mine or Michaels or a few other persons macros on this site. If you seen my priest threads you will see something that you don’t see with other posts and that is that I don’t merely post the macro, but actually provide complete guides for the macros as well as thoroughly test the macros for hours to ensure that every single ability is not being overly used and all priorities are firing off exactly when they are supposed to and absolutely nothing is locking up. If you have macros that lock up than you are better of not using any macros at all. All of my macros work, all abilities pop and nothing ever locks up. Go test my macros out for warrior or priest and tell me all macros lock up. The only ones that lock up are the ones that were not thoroughly tested.

Bro its not like its randomly locking up. This macro locks up every time without fail.It locks up every single time in less than 5 seconds after it has completed its castsequence rotation and your IL has absolutely nothing to do with it working for you and not for me or others, unless maybe you have some set bonus or something.

Like I said, I manipulated it quite a bit and it still is locking up but I am not interested in putting the effort at this time into studying feral in order to create a proper macro. Im studying for the Bar exam to become a lawyer so I dont have a ton of time on my hands unfortunately. There is no reason why you would have to put mangle on the side. People said the same thing about monks needing Jab, until that is that I created a macro that worked perfectly. I havent posted it yet, but my friends are using it.

Don’t get defensive when I tell you that your macro is not working properly. I am merely pointing it out so that all of us on this site can work together to finally get a good feral macro. I will concede that ferals are difficult due to combo points and bleed durations.

Alright man I will make a video of me sitting on a dummy with no set bonuses for about 30 minutes just to show the macro is working. I actually have some shopping to do anyway as my sister is coming down to see me and I want some new gear so we can go out to the club.

Edit: Sorry was only able to go 14 minutes till WoW crashed due to excessive input from My Razer Naga. I will still post up the video give me a few. I think 14 minutes is more then enough time to show the macro works without locking up.

It will be there when the video renders. Now we know the macro does work. Now instead of claiming the macro is broken for EVERYONE try asking why is it not working for you.

Had to host it on Vemeo cause youtube was giving me some trouble

The ONLY reason this macro would lock up on you EVERY TIME would be because you are using Fairy Swarm talent. This macro uses Fairy Fire and if you have that talent you no longer have that spell. So when it goes to cast that spell it will not cast and the macro will hang and just do nothing. Almost all macros in the Feral section use Fairy fire and not Fairy Swarm.

Yeah I am upset. I put some work into making sure everything fires off just like I like and share with a community to see if it can be improved on and my thoughts and opinions on this macro and I got some YAHOOOO claiming it is broken and does not work when clearly I do RAID with this macro without any problems what so ever. I can sit on the dummy for HOURS with this macro. It will never lock up on me.

Instead of asking hey why is this not working for me you just claim it is broken for everyone. Yet that is false and is so easy to prove false as if it was broken for everyone then I could not sit on the dummy for as long as I can without it locking up.

Yet you are taking the Bar Exam? They fail to teach reasoning and common deduction? If person A is not having a problem with a macro and person B is claiming that the macro is broken for everyone and person A can create a video proving person B is wrong… I mean come on now.

Christophers’ macro does indeed work as is and the ONLY reason it will lock up is if you do not have Fairie Fire talented. I ran it on the Raider’s Training Dummy for over 10 minutes and even switched dummies trying to lock it up. It does 135k steady in my gear. Here in Aman’thul there is 2 dummies that have less than 25% health and this macro runs exceptionally well using the FB. I am thinking of taking out Rip altogether and use it for an under 25% health macro.

My Mangle macro for the same time was doing 160k over 10 minutes but I only used the end dummy so only one other dummy would be ticking from Thrash instead of all 3 dummies ticking. Even so Thrash out-weighs the energy cost because it also Demoralizes the target for 30 secs. While this is not a dps increase it still lowers the amount of damage the mob deals.

I just wish you guys would not fight - this is supposed to be a friendly, helpful forum. With the new set bonuses I will be working on a 30 second rotation for Tiger’s Fury and it’s benefits.

In any case Chris great macro for your needs and wants.

Oh and yeah you do need Mangle on a separate key in case of lock-up. It happens every now and then using the aoe macro because you cannot tell it not to Swipe when you are not at a target hence the 2 Swipes get used in mid air while running away from effects and when you get back the macro is on a finisher with no CP on the target, one manual mangle and it’s fixed.

Well if Michael says it doesnt lock up than I believe it. I admittedly know little about Feral and I did not have Fairie talented. If so than I apologize for saying it didn’t work. I never seen a talent lock up an entire macro before. Ill test it out. I love feral but I cant ever seem to do any damage with Feral.

Chris I’m sooooorrrrrrryyyyy!..

It’s okay.

People do not play Feral because it is easy. Feral is not a hard class to play but it is the hardest class to master. A good feral in your group mean that even if the tank goes splat in an instance your group will be okay as a feral has several tools at his fingers. He can go Bear form and most generally even in bear form without being gurdian spec if you are equally geared to the tank you will have more health so will allow the healer some time to get back on there feat not to mention frenz regen you really do not even need a healer.You can also cast a rebirth to get the tank back on his feet as well.

Healer goes splat if the tank starts to die once again we can shift into bear and help the take the heat off the tank so he does not go splat.

We are the most versatile class there is. our main thing is keeping bleeds up and knowing when to execute maneuvers. This makes playing feral hard. As a Rip at the wrong time or a rake at the wrong time or rewriting a rake that is not fully done and has been buffed by trinket or dancing steel proc for one that is not can mean a difference of about 10 to 20k in our DPS.

A good feral can out DPS almost any class besides a warlock as of 5.4. However due to there learning curve and the shear complexity and math required they are severely misrepresented in heroic raiding environments. You will see more boomkin raiders then Ferals. Not because the DPs sucks but to be a good DPS feral take a WHOLE LOT OF WORK. A lot of people including myself just do not have the ability to play it to it’s fullest. I love playing it but I just lack the ability to pre-think my bleeds 1000 steps ahead. Watch procs to see when I can get up a huge rip rolling out 200k crit ticks.

Funny they dummied down wow. Almost every class is now faceroll except this one lone kitty. Only the few really want to play him to the fullest.

Now here is the thing.

They have these add ons that track your bleeds your buffs and such spellflash and other. It flashes the spell in which you should use.

Using a spellflash is still really hard. as you have to watch your spells. My thing is why the heck can they not make a revolving macro around these spellflashes? I understand that blizzard locks blah blah blah. Yet I am sure there is a way.

The closest I got was a add-on called Nemo it creates an icon that is not I do not think suppse to be clickable but for some reason it is and all it does it cast skullbash. which is the rotation it is suppose to do for when you are out of range. You also have clique and healbot as well. why can you not set up something like that. I guess then you would not be “playing” wow but when you use a macro it is about the same thing. You are still playing you still must maneuver. You still must avoid mechanics and you still must adapt to changes in your party like a tank splat.

Well can you do good damage with your macro in pve? If not its alright cause if I am doing top damage with it in pvp than I will just stick to pvp with it. I havent tested it out after hearing from Michael. I will later today. I hope it really is as good as he says cause I have been really wanting to play feral, but had a heck of a time finding a good macro out there and like you dont want to have to track stuff; its just far to annoying and kind of pointless when I can rape with a DK and track almost nothing.

Ill let you know how it goes.

I can do you up one better for PVP but it will require more then one button as it will be situational.

#showtooltip Mangle
/console autounshift 0
/castsequence [@player, combat] reset=0.5 0,Healing Touch
/console autounshift 1
/castsequence reset=target Mangle,Rip,Rake,Mangle,Mangle,Savage Roar,Mangle,Rake,Mangle,Ferocious Bite,Mangle,Rake
/use [nostealth]Prowl

Okay that macro is pretty much your basics. Make sure you use Macro toolkit for it. I took out fairy fire as you want it on it’s own button as you will only need to use it in a PVP scenario on stealthies. No big deal really.

Next you want a button for your defensive CD’s. Just macro those together. Not in game right now so can not tinker with that. I took out the defensive CD’s on the macro above. You really want to save those for OMG what just happened moments.

Now you want your burst macro. You want this on a seperate macro to dispatch a foe quickly. What it will do is pop your trinkets and berserk and tigers fury. Make sure you can not be CCed as you got a minute or two cooldown from when you can burst again.

My advice on the above macro. Is go in stealth hit savage roar (if you have the glyph) Pop that macro then open with a ravage and light them up with your macro. They will drop before they know what hit them. If you take incarnation and nature vigil all it is really needed is to pop those hit ravage a few times and bam dead. Then go into stealth and dance for three minutes as that is how long your CD is.

Michael Im in IL 484 pvp Gear and Im only pulling 70k sustained without using my incarnation. Is that good? Seems a bit low. I admit its not locking up anymore since I got rid of the Faerie talent but it still seems a bit low on the dps. I should probably finish gearing him up. Not sure how you are doing 135k dps. I was attacking a lvl 80 target dummy and only doing that. Are you in like IL 535ish gear or something?

Also christopher I would like to use Wild Charge and Incanters with it as well.

Hey Chris and Michael;

Alright look my dps is probably at 70k tops and sustained around 65k just because i need another 12 ILs of gear is all. Maybe we can figure out how to get it even higher.

Nevertheless fellas I figured out how to get Wild Charge and Incarnation talents to work perfectly with this macro without dropping dps. Incarnation is popping immediately as well as the other cooldowns. I don’t have barkskin in there as it is a defensive cd. You can add it if you like but i like macroing that with a seperate bear form macro.

I will work on defensive and healing macros as well and post them when I get the time. Please guys help me figure out if there is a way to increase the dps on this. The macro is smooth but hoping we might increase either its burst or sustained or both.

These macro changes I made are great for pvp.

One thing I noticed though; shouldnt you have an additional Ferocious Bit towards the beginning of main /castsequence line??
>>> /castsequence reset=target Mangle,Rip,Rake,Mangle,Faerie Fire,Mangle,Savage Roar,Mangle,Rake,Mangle,Ferocious Bite,Mangle,Rake

It appears that you would be full on combo points after the initial mangle, rip, rake, mangle and if you are talented with Savage Roar than you wont be using combo points on it so wouldnt it be a slight dps increase by having Ferocious Bite being used twice in the /castsequence line? I am interested in having you test it out and tell me what you think.

MACRO

#showtooltip Mangle
/console autounshift 0
/castsequence [@player, combat] reset=0.5 0,0,Healing Touch
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,Incarnation
/console autounshift 1
/castsequence reset=target Mangle,Rip,Rake,Mangle,Faerie Fire,Mangle,Savage Roar,Mangle,Rake,Mangle,Ferocious Bite,Mangle,Rake
/cast !Wild Charge
/use [nostealth]Prowl

WOW OMGosh; I added an extra Ferocious Bite as I suggested and then tested it out and my initial burst damage exploded from 70k to 90k and im only in IL 484 gear. I still have 4 or 5 blues not to mention need still optimize my stats and get professions.

WOW; 90k in IL 484 pvp gear w/ 4 blues is freaking good. Please use this macro. It has Incarnation, Wild Charge popping perfectly as well as all the other cds so no worries there and finally, it has an additional Ferocious Bite. Im doing a lot more dps now. That is what this is for; for us to work together to make the best macro possible for the community. See what other changes you guys might employ to make it even more Godly.

Fyi you will need to add the 2 /use lines as Im not using them because Im using a proc and break root trink. I will change to a /use trink for more control over initial burst in pvp though. So add them if you using /use trinks.

FINAL ROTATION MACRO

#showtooltip Mangle
/console autounshift 0
/castsequence [@player, combat] reset=0.5 0,0,Healing Touch
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,Incarnation
/console autounshift 1
/castsequence reset=target Mangle,Rip,Rake,Mangle,Faerie Fire,Mangle,Savage Roar,Ferocious Bite,Mangle,Rake,Mangle,Ferocious Bite,Mangle,Rake
/cast !Wild Charge
/use [nostealth]Prowl

If you use incarnation you will want to put it on a new macro for an instant kill so you can pop everything at once. You also want to only use ravage while incantation is up. In order to do this you want to have beserk up and you will also want the extra DPS from tigers fury. You will also want to pop any trinkets in which you may have during this time frame. So this is what you want the macro to do just for incarnation

1. Beserk - Tigers fury - pop trinkets - incarnation - spam ravage - /lol macro as you just blew them up. You ALSO want to take the natures vigil talent as well cause it just lines up so well and give you even MORE DPS. So make sure you put natures vigil in that macro.

Doing the above you should have about 200k burst DPS or so.

Here is a video explaining it

/castsequence reset=target Mangle,Rip,Rake,Mangle,Faerie Fire,Mangle,Savage Roar,Ferocious Bite,Mangle,Rake,Mangle,Ferocious Bite,Mangle,Rake

Are you sure that Ferocious Bite works directly after Savage Roar ?

When I try your macro with the 2 Ferocious Bites, Savage roar consumes all CPs and the second Ferocious Bite locks up the macro.

The old one with only one FB doesn’t have that problem.