TheoryCraft experiment

So I have a theory craft experiment going on with my Outlaw Rogue. I needed something better than just wild guesses and everyone else suggestions. Take a look as the DPS vs Energy vs Combo Points page grows on my blog here:

https://www.trosteltech.com/2016/08/02/dps-vs-energy-vs-combo-points/

… I’ll copy the whole thing over here once I figure out what works best.

Please let me know what you think! I need some feedback. Has anyone else taken this kind of approach?

Hey Ambergreen,

I have been looking at finding a way to add some hooks into GS-E to determine the effectiveness of a sequence. Obviously the analysis would need to be done somewhere else but what I wanted to be able to see is the spell at the time that the key press hit, did it fire if so what did it do, was it on cooldown, how long did it have on cooldown, did it need combo points/holy poower/resource X, what was the state of resource X?

Amongst your set of tools is there something you know of that could show that?

I was using SimulationCraft for a number of years. They haven’t released the new version for Legion yet but I did my last tests using AskMrRobot online.

SimulationCraft has libraries you can tap into … they have all the source code published on GitHub. It might be fun to compile it and see what could be done.

[quote quote=30872]I have been looking at finding a way to add some hooks into GS-E to determine the effectiveness of a sequence. Obviously the analysis would need to be done somewhere else but what I wanted to be able to see is the spell at the time that the key press hit, did it fire if so what did it do, was it on cooldown, how long did it have on cooldown, did it need combo points/holy poower/resource X, what was the state of resource X?
[/quote]
That would be fantastic if it was possible.

I’m starting a site (more seriously) to do WOW TheoryCraft. I couldn’t do TheoryCraft.com … some poser has it camped and isn’t doing anything with it but I could get www.wowtheorycraft.com.

I really need some help figuring out what you guys would like in terms of shared information to do exactly what we’re discussing here. I made a section for SimulationCraft and one for Tools and Add-Ons (Gnome Sequencer Enhanced … insert obvious choice here). I’d like this to be a site that doesn’t compete with WowLazyMacros but rather be synergistic. Lutechi does an awesome job here and I think he deserves our support when we can give it.

I’ll eventually switch over to social login only to avoid the spammers but I’ll have normal e-mail sign ups on for a little bit before we get that all going. Hopefully they won’t find me TOO fast. Internet speeds are a little bit crazy though.

I’ll do my best to put good quality stuff up as often as I can. Thanks for your assistance!

Ambergreen

Ok here’s one an improved theory macro for Rogue

Sequences['CalliynTheory1'] = {
author="Ambergreen@wowlazymacros.com",
specID=260,
helpTxt = "Talents: 1333131",
icon=135340,
PreMacro=[[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/cast [nostealth,nocombat]Stealth
/cast [stealth] Cheap Shot
/cast [stealth] Ambush
]],
"/cast [combat] Adrenaline Rush",
"/cast [combat] Arcane Torrent",
"/cast [combat] Killing Spree",
"/cast [combat] Riposte",
"/castsequence reset=30/target Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Slice and Dice",
"/castsequence Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Run Through",
"/cast [@focus] Tricks of the Trade",
"/cast Crimson Vial",
PostMacro=[[
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14]],
}

Please let me know how it’s working for you. I’m still working on the energy starvation … that’s a tough one since they changed all the skills.

Just curious if there is any new update to this macro now that Legion has been out for a little bit?