Vengeful Hermit Updated 12/29/22

Definitely very nice work Hermit. Working like a freakin beast this macro does. Working wonders in PVP as well with a few modifications of my own mainly specific keybinds and modifier changes, but overall the base macro so FIRE!!!

Unfortunately there isn’t. Its going to be used on CD and there is really no way around that.

It shouldn’t be to much of a problem as we have mitigation after its use and DS comes back up before that mitigation finishes. I really wish there was a way to add feed the demon…

I suspect that the uptime in 10.0 will be about the same with FtD as we will loose the 35% haste we have now.

Thank you. I’m glad to hear it works out well in pvp. I’m going to have to give that a go as well.

MM+ 23 like a charm with version 1.02 2nd config

1 Like

I can’t seem to import your macro for some reason

1 Like

So I know its probably more my ilvl than the macro but WOW is it fun to 1 v 5-10 the opposing team and distract them enough that they forget objectives and your team can claim the win. And that 10 second silence on healers is clutch for ensuring kills and over running objectives.

I ended on BG with over 5 million damage and healing. It definitely feels like you have an impact on the battle ground.

Edit: 1 vs 15 with no heals and they still wipe you out before cc ends. Lol had to try though.

Tried the macro last night and found it worked really well. Thanks for that!

Was just wondering what you guys are using in the way of legendaries atm?

I’ve been using Darkglare and Unity with Elysian Decree.

1 Like

Here’s a better one for you. Out dmg’d and out heal’d everyone in a WSG to the point i had 5 aff locks trying to kill me. it was quite commical. The healing output of the build you have here good sir is absolutely phenomenal!

1 Like

Similar talents overwrite any similar Shadowlands systems (conduits, traits, legendaries, covenant abilities, etc.). Best legendaries are fiery soul for most dungeons and not taking Spirit Bomb. For high pop / large pull dungeons like Lower KZ and Gambit best legendary is Collective Anguish and talenting into Spirit Bomb.

I have to disagree with the guides on this. I’ve tried the FB build both manually and with another macro in the DF section. Both resulted in a substantial loss in DPS and survivability in all dungeons outside of Upper. With the above build you can double and even triple pull (this is so fun to pump out 60k+ dps) most pulls in all dungeons on fortified and larger on tyrannical. If you have less than 4 enemies up you should probably be pulling more.

As you can see I pull a great deal larger than most routes account for In fact JY is done in less than half the standard pug pulls 16 vs 33. Edit: If you use the JY route let people know in advance it really screws with them in pugs and your going to be called a moron on the first pull until things work out lol. I always go trixie or gunker first to get the most bots possible as quick as possible. You can get 4/5 shock bots before the first boss pull if you go trixie first.

Yeah I can see that if you talent into Darkglare Boon. Personally I didn’t have that lego so I built around the leggos I have, with the prepatch being so short I’m not wasting gold. It worked out in allowing for a maximally defensive build as the leggo procs more than the talent reduces CD which means more uptime on meta.

To be honest this macro was intended to just be something I messed around with while others made a great macro. It far exceeded my own expectations by being able to pug +23’s and get me all dungeons on a +20. I don’t know why it works but it does.

While there are improvements to be made what your asking for is really a completely different macro as they are builds I myself won’t be playing. Don’t get me wrong I played FB with Fodder to the flame and parsed in th 95th percentile in most SL seasons but the rework has really killed the ability to macro the build effectively with the removal of Fodders FB uptime and the change to charges (never works well in macros) instead of reduced CD. But your in luck that somewhere in this section (DF Vengeance) is an FB macro already in progress.

1 Like

What legendary are you running in M+?

I’ve been using Darkglare and Unity with Kyrian for Elysian Decree and I still use Mik primarily for the free repair ability (the single best thing ever for a tank its saved me several hundred thousand gold in repair costs, I really hope there is an equivalent in DF.)

But Collective Anguish is equally good for DPS and you could swap some talents to pick up the darkglare talents.

2 Likes

You have any idea which talents you will pick while leveling ?

At the moment not sure. I’ll probably be leveling as havoc unless I can mass pull in the open world for questing as I always work on getting that expansions lore master in the first week or two.

As far as a M+ build when we hit cap I’m not sure as well. We got hit hard with the current nerfs and “buffs.” We lost a 40% value from leech from the health increase and a huge dps and leech nerf from the frailty nerf. We went from being about equal to the top three tanks to dropping probably a tier.

All of that is going to make a huge impact on talent and build values because while leech was nerfed hard the value of fiery brand wasn’t at all so it may now be a better build for both raiding and M+ in the more difficult keys.

The original build was going to work down to Collective Anguish on the DH tree and Last Resort or Decree on the Vengeance side. While leveling though I’d drop survivability talents and pick up as many dps talents as possible as open world mobs and even elites shouldn’t be much of a threat. Speed talents would also be great as they cut down on travel time.

1 Like

this macro is the bomb. love it. runs smooth. the spirit bomb version. can’t wait to see what it can do max level with some gear. DH is close to being my new main or at least #1 alt.

1 Like

agree, this is the best !

1 Like

Trying this macro and it has been absolutely incredible. Tanking Uldaman without actually needing a healer. Quick question to the people here, do you see better results with Soul Cleave mixed in with spirit bomb version (2) or just the spirit bomb version (1)?

1 Like

According to your talent settings and macros, but there will be a question mark during the use. What is the situation

I haven’t tried the soul cleave version yet - I’ll give it a go today and see how it goes.