Viktri's (not really) One Button Macro - Dragonflight 10.2 Guardian Druid - v5 Tested and verified for 10.2

wow thanks so much for all your hard work and explaining everything, really appreciate what you and viktri have done!

2 Likes

Hermit is indeed an MVP.

I am starting to get the WoW itch slowly again, especially seeing all the newest lore revelations, the Arathi, Xal’atath, all that. But I know I will get instantly discouraged by the steep hill of catching up when coming back at the end of an expansion. So I will be back for Midnight for sure, maybe earlier. We’ll see.

1 Like

Oh gear is really really fast right now. Two weeks of spamming M+ and you can hit 483 with a 2.8k IO. Faster if you have a group of friends helping you feed gear. Obviously tageting gear is a bit more difficult (over 70 runs to finally get the neck from BRH and than it was mythic track in my vault the next day…)

M+ this season is easy to time +18-20’s even as a 450ish ilvl bear with your macro.

Edit to previous post:

Frank: Single target in phase 1. I prepot, use mark of the wild, incarn and RotS on pull. I use roar on the first pull in.

Intermission use moonfire and soak as many orbs as possible, you can save a FR or even use SI if needed for this, I can grab about 1/3 of all the orbs.

Phase 2 single target until infernals show up drag them to adds and use the aoe macro. You can grab both infernals if you are 483ish, they don’t really hit hard. Use warstomp and incap to interrupt as much as possible. There will always be two sets of adds so you can pop incarn on the first set and it should be up for phase 3.

Phase 3 taunt and keep him until you die using the single target macro (this was about 15 stacks on one of our pulls) keep barkskin and RotS on CD’s, use SI when stacks get kind of highish and you can’t seem to stay above 50%ish than use both charges of FR before popping Incarn as a last resort, than spam FR until you die, if you do.

1 Like

Ok so I’ll post this if people are interested in what the macro looks like on progression kills. It was a holiday raid so we didn’t have everyone.

I tend to play with a high brightness on my monitor (and than use inky potions…) If you have a hard time seeing stuff on Tindral try increasing your monitor brightness. I’ll have to figure out how to edit that.

You can see at 1:49:50 I stepped out of the second shroom before it blew up causing the wipe (as well as a seed being missed.) This is the reason I’ve started recording my game play as you can watch it and notice things you hadn’t previously. I would suggest doing this yourself if possible.

On the first Tindral pull I thought we were kiting back and dropping the next dispels were we had been previously. Thats why I ran away and was waiting. Poor communication on my part.

1 Like

3k io and rising using this macro :smiley:

2 Likes

Using which macro? Viktri’s or Hermit?

Has anyone else noticed that when when starting macro it takes a while for Thrash to fire? How can I change that so Thrash is one of the first things to go off for aoe threat on pull? I have tried several things, but for some reason I can’t get it to work

@Hermit where in the macro would be a viable place to put the following please ?
/console autounshift 0
/cast Regrowth
/console autounshift 1

i swapped a few of the talents about and taken dream of cenarius
Thank you

I’m using this macro since yesterday and I love it! I just have one issue and no clue why it behaves like this. When I first install the macro, the modifiers like ALT or SHIFT buttons do work. But as soon as I restart the game they are no longer working. I checked ElveUI and tried the GSE feature to clear the keys but it’s still not working. Does anyone have a clue what could cause the issue with the modifiers?

EDIT: Issue found. I don’t know why, but I have to keep the UI set to english. If its set to German, some casts are “not found” according to debug messages.

Heya - is there a reason that during the cycle the macro is throwing me out of bear form and casting regrowth? Seemed to change today - was there some changes in the game?

Doing this to me as well

Blizzard changed things not GSE

I see what you mean i just tested it and it does indeed come out of bear form to cast regrowth.

I’ve gone back to Viktri’s profile and it works fine.

Found this on Reddit

/run SetCVar(“autoUnshift”,0)

/use [@mouseover,help][@player]Regrowth

/run SetCVar(“autoUnshift”,0)

Using this you will not be able to use any shifting form macros unless you add in the line “/run SetCVar(“autoUnshift”,1)” to the start of that macro. So for example this all in one travel macro would now look like this.

seems to work so far

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/1aygs39/regrowth_macro_no_longer_working/

When I try to edit this macro, it breaks it…

Thanks!
Do you know where to insert that code? Or is it in a separate macro?

I put in at top of the keypress window

/startattack
/stopcasting [mod:alt]
/console autoUnshift 0
/cast [@mouseover, nodead, help, exists, nochanneling] Regrowth
/console autoUnshift 1
/cast [mod:alt, nomod:shift] Incapacitating Roar; [noform:1, nomod:alt, nochanneling] Bear Form; [mod:shift, nomod:ctrl, nomod:alt, nochanneling] Frenzied Regeneration; [@mouseover, dead, help, exists, nochanneling] Rebirth; [mod:alt, mod:shift, nochanneling] Pulverize

rip Regrowth macro.

Yeah, I’ve been trying to use Viktri’s version, and i took out regrowth because it gets me killed, but as soon as i edit the macro in any form, the part in the variable section breaks and idk how to get it to work again

I looked at Viktri’s Macros:

Remove the following from the KeyPress:

/console autoUnshift 0
/cast [@mouseover, nodead, help, exists, nochanneling] Regrowth
/console autoUnshift 1

Close up the gap up and Hit Save

I did that, and it was breaking the macro, but i fugred out what. The Pulverize section was breaking because im not talented into it. So i split it up into seperate sections and removed Pulverize altogether

I find myself compelled to address recent developments that have left me disheartened and frustrated. As the creator of the Guardian Druid macro in question, I feel a responsibility to shed light on the challenges we face.

Firstly, let me clarify that I unsubscribed from World of Warcraft some time ago. My involvement was solely in crafting macros—I hadn’t actively played the game for quite a while. However, my commitment to refining macros remained unwavering.

Now, let’s delve into the heart of the matter: the stealth changes introduced by Blizzard. These alterations have significantly impacted the functionality of our macros. Unfortunately, due to my lack of an active subscription, I cannot personally test these adjustments. It’s a Catch-22—I cannot justify resubscribing solely to troubleshoot macros, especially when my primary focus lies elsewhere.

The uncertainty looms larger than ever. Will I return to the War Within? The answer remains ambiguous. On one hand, there’s a desire to immerse myself in the familiar world of Azeroth once more. On the other, the landscape has shifted—news of a bad new CEO, coupled with the disappointing trajectory of the War Within expansion, casts a shadow over my enthusiasm.

I hope we can find a workaround, solution, or perhaps Blizzard inadvertently broke this functionality. If not, someone may need to edit the macro, excising the problematic parts and we will all have to accept the loss of a valuable function.

It took me an hour to craft this message using Chat-GPT. Could have I written a similar, albeit less fake message in less than half the time? Yes. Was it worth it anyway? Also yes.

TL;DR: unsubscribed, cannot make new version, fuck blizzard stealth changes

7 Likes