What command keeps from auto targeting?

So, I’m currently testing out some macros on my Lock. I use AutoHotKey to mindlessly grind the levels so I don’t even have to push anything. On the macro I’m using for Affliction, which is:

#showtooltip agony
/castsequence [nomod]reset=target Curse of the Elements,null
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=target ,agony, corruption, unstable affliction, Malefic Grasp, Malefic Grasp, Malefic Grasp
/use [nochanneling]Dark Soul: Misery
/castsequence [mod] reset=target haunt
/cast [mod] Lifeblood
/petattack
/mtce

This macro doesn’t cast anything until I manually select a target. I really like this because I can mount up and fly around without having something auto targeted and unmount me or pull mobs when I’m trying to turn in a quest, etc.

While using my Destro macro, I will automatically target anything and everything and start casting. It’s first world problems I know, but I’m wondering what it is in the Affliction macro that keeps the auto targeting from taking place?

This is the Destro macro I’m using, just for completeness sake:

/castsequence reset=target Curse of the Elements,null
/castsequence reset=target Immolate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Chaos Bolt
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Shadowburn
/castsequence reset=0.3 Conflagrate
/cast [combat] Dark Soul: Instability
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]

[quote quote=13918]So, I’m currently testing out some macros on my Lock. I use AutoHotKey to mindlessly grind the levels so I don’t even have to push anything. On the macro I’m using for Affliction, which is:

#showtooltip agony
/castsequence [nomod]reset=target Curse of the Elements,null
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=target ,agony, corruption, unstable affliction, Malefic Grasp, Malefic Grasp, Malefic Grasp
/use [nochanneling]Dark Soul: Misery
/castsequence [mod] reset=target haunt
/cast [mod] Lifeblood
/petattack
/mtce

This macro doesn’t cast anything until I manually select a target. [snip]

but I’m wondering what it is in the Affliction macro that keeps the auto targeting from taking place?

This is the Destro macro I’m using, just for completeness sake:

[snip]
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]

[/quote]

The question is not “what it is in the Affliction macro that keeps the auto targeting from taking place” but rather What in the Destruction macro that causes auto-targeting, and the bottom line is your answer.

Your affliction macro has no targetenemy command so it … never targets an enemy.

King among men. Thank you sir. In hindsight, should have been pretty obvious.

The only stupid question is the one that remains unasked.