What is MS and how can I change it? Answered (With working AHK script you can use with Modifiers)

do you think there are certain classes that would benefit from the toggle option more so than others? BM hunter for example? Just curious as to why you don’t use toggle

This is what lutechi has posted in last week.

5 Likes

For me its a preference thing, I prefer my macros to stop when I let go (otherwise I would forget to turn it off at the right time lol)

1 Like

That has been posted many times, yes. As a matter of fact, if you read carefully it only says that it’s not forbidden to have AHK installed. There have been conversations with GMs where they expressed their opinion in more detail. It’s not having AHK what can get you in trouble, but how do you use it. People were banned for using fishing bots based on AHK, for example. Of course a simple key repetition while you press it should pose no problem for Blizzard. But a toggle that you switch on at will might get way deeper in the grey line. On the other hand, you still have to move your room around and it doesn’t react to anything external so it’s not like any of those automated combat routines that perform lightning fast interrupts.

I’m not saying use it or don’t, just wanted to clarify what in my opinion that blue post means in fact.

2 Likes

I think it has its pros and cons. It frees up one finger so you can move your toon around easily and be more aware of your surroundings, fire on the floor, dragon breathing from above, you name it.

On the other hand, I have my interrupts set aside and mapped to my mouse side buttons. If I use the toggle and it has low ms I find it difficult to cast them quickly because they don’t get a space in the rotation, whereas if use AHK with the macro key pressed all the time I just need to stop pressing and interrupt.

That’s from the playstile point of view of course. Then there’s the fear of getting Blizzard a bit angry at me, haha.

2 Likes

First of all, I’d like to thank you for these wonderful macros you have made for WoW. The have changed my enjoyment of the game 100%! Anyway, my question is that my ‘sleep’ is set at 70 and in-game this looks awfully fast. Is 70 a well tried and trusted speed for your macros to work well? Once again, thanks for your work in this field.

1 Like

Your very welcome, and yes the “sleep” time is the ms speed. By default I have created all of my macros @70ms so when using them start there :smiley: enjoy!

Hey, trying to use this to spam my mouse button 4 which corresponds to XButton1 but when in game the button spam opens all my menus, any idea why it might be doing this only on that button?

No idea sorry I have never tried to get it to work directly on a mouse button before :frowning:

but it sounds like it might be doing all the letters in “XButton1” like pressing x then b then u and so on but that’s just a guess

Ahh that seems like it could be the issue, any idea how I would make it read Xbutton1 as the input itself rather than individually?

not sure but I would guess just replacing all the 3’s with Xbutton1

#IfWinActive World of Warcraft
$2::
GetKeyState, state, 2, P
if state = D

Loop
{
Send {2}
Sleep, 70
return
}
#IfWinActive
What do I change for setting Q?
Tried changing all the 2’s, nothing worked then :stuck_out_tongue:

try this one:

#ifWinActive World of Warcraft  ; Only run if window 'World of Warcraft' is active
{
	$q::  ; If q is pressed
	$^q:: ; If q+control is pressed
	$+q:: ; If q+shift is pressed
	$!q:: ; If q+alt is pressed
		Loop ; If any of the above is true then loop below
    			{
				if not GetKeyState("q", "P") ; If E is not pressed then break the loop
					break
				if GetKeyState("LCtrl", "P") ; If left control is pressed then send control+e
					Send ^q
				else if GetKeyState("LShift", "P") ; If left shift is pressed then send shift+e
					Send +q
				else if GetKeyState("LAlt", "P") ; If left alt is pressed then send alt+e
					Send !q
				else
					Send q ; If q is pressed with no other modifiers send q
				sleep 70 ; Time in milliseconds between key repeats
			 }
		return
}
1 Like

Thank you! That did the trick :smiley:

1 Like

That’s great to hear :smiley: have fun!

can u make this script work like a single press button to start and stop when u press it again?

ooooooo I am not sure I will have a fiddle over the weekend and see

1 Like
toggle = 0
#MaxThreadsPerHotkey 3
#ifWinActive World of Warcraft
{
$3:: ; If 3 is pressed
$^3:: ; If 3+control is pressed
$+3:: ; If 3+shift is pressed
$!3:: ; If 3+alt is pressed
Toggle := !Toggle
While Toggle{
if GetKeyState("LCtrl", "P")
Send ^3
else if GetKeyState("LShift", "P")
Send +3
else if GetKeyState("LAlt", "P")
Send !3
else
Send 3
sleep 70
}
return
}

I think this is the best for now

1 Like

That’s the one I’m using, but in button 2 instead. I have two files, one named FAST-20-DPS running at 20ms and another SLOW-80-TANK for tanking as I realised it went better.