Where are Macro files

Hi all,

Where in the file system do these macro go please. i need to delete one but cannot do it in the app as it is showing an error, can i can through the wow files and delete it please?

TIA
Tom

did you ask in his Discord? Tim will answer alot faster in there.

2 Likes

Or one could use the Search feature in this Forum to find the answer- yep, believe it or not there is a few.

Or one could search Google for the answer- and yet again those answers show up.

Thank you for your answer but i am not very intelligent with all this stuff but i will try to find the answer :stuck_out_tongue:
I am not sure how to ask in here or google

Tom

Sorry i seem to upset you by asking that but after trying to search i can not find what i am looking for :stuck_out_tongue:

Not upset in the slightest but I’d rather people learn help themselves to any questions first by searching instead of getting answers by hand holding or spoon feeding.

If not, I categorize it as being lazy and like I said in my Guide: " This site is WoW Lazy Macros-NOT WoW Macros for Lazy People."

1 Like

I do try to find stuff myself first and when i cant find it thats when i ask. i went and found this \path\to\wow\WTF\Account\YourAccountName\SavedVariables\GSE.lua but mine says GSE.lua.bak so not sure if that is the one

You have two LUA’s.

One is for on use now and the other one is a backup ( yes, it can be restored) in case the current one becomes corrupted.

Timothy to delete the GSE one as it was hiding the lua. now to reinstall the macro and hope all is ok :slight_smile: Thank you for your time :slight_smile:

Just make sure and do a /rl

It’ll reload the UI and should sync everything back to where it was depending on the date of the backup.

Everything is running great now, thank you for your time with this old man :slight_smile:

1 Like