Willing to pay for top elemental macro

Every time I try to run this, It says “Incomplete Sequence Definition” next to its name when I do /gs, and it wont give me the option to move both the sequences to my bar.
Here is the Error:

Here is exactly what I put into the Atom text editor:

local Sequences = GSMasterSequences -- Dont remove this

------------------
----- Shaman
------------------
---1 3 1 1 2 1 1---
Sequences["EleST"] = {
StepFunction = GSStaticPriority,
PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]reset=target
]],
	[[/castsequence reset=target/combat Lightning Surge Totem,Flame Shock,Lightning Bolt,Lightning Bolt,Lightning Bolt]],
	[[/cast [nochanneling] Lava Burst]],
	[[/cast Earth Shock]],
	[[/cast [combat] Fire Elemental]],
PostMacro = [[
/cast Elemental Mastery
/startattack
]],
}

Sequences["ELEAOE"] = {
PreMacro = [[
]],
	[[/castsequence reset=target/combat Lightning Surge Totem,Earthquake Totem,Flame Shock,Chain Lightning,Chain Lightning,Chain Lightning]],
	[[/cast Earth Shock]],
PostMacro = [[
/cast Elemental Mastery
/startattack
]],
}

What am I doing wrong? I am completely new @ this.

It shouldn’t cause any issues with being able to run the scripts, it’s just that there is no listed specID, author or talents list but i believe more specID

Yours

---1 3 1 1 2 1 1---
Sequences["EleST"] = {

Compared to:

Sequences['Cinderflame'] = {
author= "Cymiryc",
specID= 63,
helpTxt= 'Talents - 2122212',

what does static mean in this type of coding, i went to CLC for 2 yrs for cobol and some other training

yeah toss that link out lol

[quote quote=32296]It shouldn’t cause any issues with being able to run the scripts, it’s just that there is no listed specID, author or talents list but i believe more specID
Yours

---1 3 1 1 2 1 1---
Sequences["EleST"] = {

Compared to:

Sequences['Cinderflame'] = {
author= "Cymiryc",
specID= 63,
helpTxt= 'Talents - 2122212',

[/quote]

I added that to my macro, and now they show up when I /gs, but they do not create any macro’s for me to drag to my bar, in either General or Specific Macros.

local Sequences = GSMasterSequences -- Dont remove this

------------------
----- Shaman
------------------
Sequences['STForumHelp'] = {
author="ForumHelp",
specID=262,
helpTxt = "Talents: 3 1 1 2 2 1 1",
icon=136048,
PreMacro=[[
]],
	[[/castsequence reset=target/combat Lightning Surge Totem,Flame Shock,Lightning Bolt,Lightning Bolt,Lightning Bolt]],
	[[/cast Earth Shock]],
PostMacro = [[
/cast Elemental Mastery
/startattack
]],
}

Sequences['AOEForumHelp'] = {
author="ForumHelp",
specID=262,
helpTxt = "Talents: 3 1 1 2 2 1 1",
icon=136048,
PreMacro=[[
]],
	[[/castsequence reset=target/combat Lightning Surge Totem,Earthquake Totem,Flame Shock,Chain Lightning,Chain Lightning,Chain Lightning]],
	[[/cast Earth Shock]],
PostMacro = [[
/cast Elemental Mastery
/startattack
]],
}

Won’t show if you’re running that one on an elemental shaman as the specID i used from my example was for a Fire Mage. Change the specID 262 and it should show up :slight_smile:

Feel free to change the author etc to your own liking as i didn’t create it :slight_smile:

[quote quote=32297]what does static mean in this type of coding, i went to CLC for 2 yrs for cobol and some other training
[/quote]

You don’t want to toss the link out lol.

The old stepfunction that you used for old GS has now been added into the GS-E Core function. Makes things easier and less lines to worry about.

Try removing the icon for now?

I dont know that icon number and have no way to check it from here while i am at work.

Might have to create it as a new macro and just name it STForumHelp while choosing your macro icon manually.

Never played with the icon function before.

Actually looking it up, try changing the icon line to:

icon='Spell_nature_lightning',

[quote quote=32304]

what does static mean in this type of coding, i went to CLC for 2 yrs for cobol and some other training

You don’t want to toss the link out lol. The old stepfunction that you used for old GS has now been added into the GS-E Core function. Makes things easier and less lines to worry about. [/quote]

There are a bunch of static methods now in GS-E. Most of them I use for coding like GSStaticStringReset = “|r”. Literally everytime I enter that in the code it creates "|r| and will never change between times it is called. GSStaticPriority is the same as those 8 lines on the step function. Instead of typing them out every time you just enter that and it will insert that at runtime.

The incomplete Sequence is literally that. The GS parts may be all there but the E parts of GS-E dont know what to do with it. As such it expects that you know what you are doing and will do all the E parts like creating the macro stubs manually. This expectation was left in for backwards compatability and people kept asking why their macro didn’t show up. So now it says its incomplete, because from GS-E’s perspective it is.

Each GS-E sequence needs an author, Valid specID and a placeholder for helptxt. The helpTxt can be “” but it still needs something. The newer version add support for an icon value, authorversion and source. The 1.3 build also adds internal version revisions to this list.