Survival Hunter (Newest) GS

Hello all,
These macros have been working for me really well, in Normal, Heroic and Mythic… I am bursting around 67k and staying at a consistent 25-29k through the fight.

Updated: 1/29/15
Talents: 3,1,2,3,1,1,1
Major Glyphs: Deterrence, Disengage, Animal Bond
Minor Glyphs: Aspect of the Cheetah, Aspect of the Pack, Play Dead
Food: Calamari Crepes
Pre Pot: Draenic Agility Potion
Flask: Greater Draenic Agility Flask

Single-Target

Sequences['SurvsT'] = {
PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
]],
	'/cast !Black Arrow',
	'/cast !Kill Shot',
	'/cast [combat]!A Murder of Crows',
	'/cast Glaive Toss',
	'/cast !Explosive Shot',
	'/cast !Explosive Shot',
	'/cast Steady Shot',
	'/cast Arcane Shot',
	'/cast Arcane Shot',
	'/cast Multi-Shot',
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/petattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],
}

Multi-Target:

Sequences['SurvAoE'] = {
PreMacro = [[
]],
	'/cast !Glaive Toss',
	'/cast Kill Shot',
	'/cast !Multi-shot',
	'/cast !Multi-Shot',
	'/cast !Glaive Toss',
	'/cast Steady Shot',
	'/cast Explosive Shot',
	'/cast !Kill Shot',
	'/cast Arcane Shot',
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/petattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],
}

I hope these help everyone, and I love this macro setup, it is probably one of my favorites now that survival is back. I hope you like.

Thanks,
Beef

Hi Beef! Thanks for macro

1. Why on single target macro are you using Multi-Shot?

2. Which Exotic Ammunition do you use? Venom?

Hey beef, thanks for your macro like Coner was saying why multishot ? it cost 40focus and arcane30
im using Auto Keyboard by Murgee.com so i only have to hit the Grave '88888 key so its gonna spam my 8 key wich i have the macro on, and on bar 2 i have the other aoe macro so i only have to do shift mousewheel to cycle trough bar 1 and 2 :slight_smile: lazy huh ? my question is how much ms your pressing the macro ? i have set Auto Keyboard by Murgee.com @ 32ms since my lag is around 30ms but maybe 90ms is better ? btw i replaced steadyshot with focusing shot, much better results.

Hey Beef - this is great btw. Couple questions if you have time… do you use exotic munitions over focusing shot because of the amount of moving we find ourselves doing? Also why kill shot in these macros? Thanks!!!

Yeah, no… This is NOT a survival GS at all… Steady Shot (MM only)? … Kill Shot (BM/MM)… Multi in ST

Seems like every GS you post lately is a troll post, made simply to confuse people.

[quote quote=22493]Hi Beef! Thanks for macro

1. Why on single target macro are you using Multi-Shot?
  2. Which Exotic Ammunition do you use? Venom?
    [/quote]

Hello all and thank you for trying outlay macro. I will do my best to answer all of your questions.

Multi-Shot, when used on a single target in the rotation with everything else gives you a chance on gaining a buff thats why it only fires once at the end. I usually get it each time, and when that processes and the other ones don’t, and miss, that will keep some of them up and going.

I change that all of the time depending on what fight, or the length of trash or adds till boss I am fighting. I will use venom on ST and Poisoned on multi-targets. But with my new set up I am getting 3k more just having steady focus. I hope this helps.

50-70 is what I am using with a razor anasi keyboard with ally macros except for my hunter oohsi$ button at .30

As I mentioned above it just depends on where or what I am doing, boss, trash, aoe, as I also stated above, The Focusing shot is what I am using right now as the best option for optimal dps. The rest of the macros take care of the pick up by having that extra focus for aoe and st.

[quote quote=22524]Yeah, no… This is NOT a survival GS at all… Steady Shot (MM only)? … Kill Shot (BM/MM)… Multi in ST
Seems like every GS you post lately is a troll post, made simply to confuse people.
[/quote]

This is a survival macro, and if you were smart enough to realize that when you switch anything in GS as you mentioned Steady shot. It automatically switches to cobra shot, and Focusing shot when changed in game. As far as kill shot I am not able to edit my post and it doesn’t have any harm to the macro, nor does it affect the dps of anything. It also does not affect any transition or lock ups in any of the macros. So before you all someone a troll, and call out someone on all of there macros, you might want to not call out people if you yourself are not capable of educating yourself with GS.

Thanks all, I hope that helps.
Beef

Hi Beef,
Are you using a pet, I thought Lone Wolf was the preferred option for Survival?
Thanks

Hi Beef,

By now is the best Surv Gnome macro, I removed the kill shot from the ST one’s (as you said on your post it was not a problem but I prefer to remove it).
The only thing is that the Black Arrow is not up on CD, sometimes take long before shot it, so I refresh it manually.

I try to duplicate the Black arrow line (instead of the useless KS) but the benefit is not big. Any suggestion?

About Barrage any suggestion to use it in macro, i know that use lot of Focus so is better to use it a part

Anyway as I said …I tryed all the gnome Surv macro in this forume, but this is the only Gnome Surv that take me to 29K in ride, by now the best one!

i wish i can use Kill shot as Suvival hunter

Sometimes, but it’s been everywhere that lone wolf is actually now the worst talent you can be using.

[quote quote=22576]Hi Beef,
By now is the best Surv Gnome macro, I removed the kill shot from the ST one’s (as you said on your post it was not a problem but I prefer to remove it). The only thing is that the Black Arrow is not up on CD, sometimes take long before shot it, so I refresh it manually.
I try to duplicate the Black arrow line (instead of the useless KS) but the benefit is not big. Any suggestion?
About Barrage any suggestion to use it in macro, i know that use lot of Focus so is better to use it a part
Anyway as I said …I tryed all the gnome Surv macro in this forume, but this is the only Gnome Surv that take me to 29K in ride, by now the best one!
[/quote]

Thanks, and I am glad that this is working for you. A couple things. I said above that I have been using glaive toss just because I have tried everything I can think of to get it to cast the full duration then continue with the macro, but so far I still have not had success in that. So if you do want to use it I would suggest if you have it in the macro to stop when it’s firing off then continue to use the macro. But with black arrow, thats something that just is happening to me as well. I am trying to work on both and will keep you updated with all of the fixes. Thank you for the kind words as I try my very best to make every macro as flawless and fun as possible.

Thank you,
Beef

Hey Beef can you test mine and let me know it if needs changing?

3123111 talents

Sequences[‘SurvST’] = {
StepFunction = [[
limit = limit or 1
if step == limit then
limit = limit % #macros + 1
step = 1
else
step = step % #macros + 1
end
]],
PreMacro = [[
/cast [@focus,help][help][@pet,exists] Misdirection
/cast [combat] Berserking
/petattack
]],
‘/cast [nochanneling] A Murder of Crows’,
‘/cast [nochanneling] Black Arrow’,
‘/cast Glaive Toss’,
‘/cast [nochanneling] Explosive Shot’,
‘/cast [nochanneling] Explosive Shot’,
‘/cast [nochanneling] Arcane Shot’,
‘/cast [nochanneling] Cobra Shot’,
‘/cast [nochanneling] Multi-Shot’,
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/cast [nochanneling] Explosive Shot’,
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],
}

my above [nochanneling] everything but barrage allows you to get the full channel.

[quote quote=22579]

<div class=“d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Daarc wrote:</div>Hi Beef, Are you using a pet, I thought Lone Wolf was the preferred option for Survival? Thanks

Sometimes, but it’s been everywhere that lone wolf is actually now the worst talent you can be using. [/quote]

Lone Wolf does not do what people think it does. Lone Wolf is Blizzards attempt to placate players who have been clamoring for a “Ranger” Class(basically hunters without pets). Yes it boosts most shot damage, but only if you do not have an active pet. That boost is basically to make up for the damage that the pet would normally do.

That leaves Exotic Munitions and Focusing Shot: Focusing Shot takes the place of Steady Shot, and while it does a lot of damage, and give great focus regen: But it has a much longer cast time, and you can’t use it while moving.

Exotic Munitions places a dot on the target that does Poison, Fire or frost damage over a shot period time. Even if I die the damage will still tick away until it fades. So this is why I have chosen it over the other 2 talents.

Hello Beef.
Thx for your hard work making macros for people like me. Couple big problems whit your macro least for me. Im focus starving ,.after couple sec im never get focus fire black arrow and hardly explosive shoot need manually manage focus not even close to 25 k dps. having 15-17k as best.
used other macros from here giving me 23 k dps. Tried all different speed . using razor nostramo. nothing helps.
Any ideas ?

I did change my macro to make sure that everything is firing off because I was having a lot of those issues as well… But I went into BRF last night with the changes I made to my macros, and I burst 80k and am consistent at 32k+ So I don’t know what might be wrong… I will post my new updated macro when I am allowed to actually update my macro’s Original posts.

Thanks,
Beef

Thx for you replay beef. Im using your BM macro and it is great notice in brf many add fights so the beast cleave gonna rock,Im not a macro expert but im think im find least 1 problem…

‘/cast !Explosive Shot’,
‘/cast Steady Shot’,
‘/cast Arcane Shot’,
from your macro…it is No steady shot in sv …it is cobra shot…no wonder it is never fires…

you prob mixed whit the MM or bm macro when you posted lines mixed upp…

Cant wait for a new updated one :=))

Don’t tease me Beef! FEED ME! I wanna see this new macro. Does it use Barrage? I find in BRF there’s a lot of chances for it. SUPPLY my Beef addiction. Post here (:

Hi beef I was wondering if this macro would work well in pvp situation (arena)

Keep the good work

Beef,

Have been trying out your macros listed here (thank you for your work), but I am not experiencing very good DPS and seem to be getting some focus starvation. I have followed the talents you have listed and I am using a wolf as a pet. I have a 641 item LVL.

I was wondering what kind of DPS numbers you think I should be able to produce with your macro? I am using a Razer Naga and have the keybinding for the macro on autorepeat with about 50ms delay in between presses.

Am I doing something incorrectly? Any help or recommendations would be appreciated.