WowHead/IcyVeins Combat Rogue Rotation/Macros

All:

Here are the macros I use based on the Wow Head and Icy Veins combat rogue rotations. So far at lvl 99 I’ve been in 1st or 2nd place in the DPS list in random pugs pretty consistently.

Please note these are not all-in-one button combos. I like to have specific abilities slaved out separately, so that I can control when certain key rogue effects take place. I think this gives me more flexibility to events in the instance as well as increased DPS.

Also note I use a game pad, as this saves some serious wear-and-tear on the ol’ wrists and hands. It also allows me to very quickly hit the keys I need such as 8,9,0,-,= which otherwise are be a pain. I’ll include the game pad setup file if there is any interest.

Note that I have ‘Killing Spree’ and ‘Adrenaline Rush’ on their own keys, so I can pop them at optimal times.

Talents:

Rotation Links:
Wowhead Combat Rogue DPS Guide
Icy Veins Combat Rogue DPS Guide

Sequences.lua File:

Sequences['ComCPB'] = {
    PreMacro = [[
/cast  [nocombat, nostealth] Stealth
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
-- Any other before macro commands should be put here...
    ]],
    '/castsequence [nostealth] reset=target Revealing Strike, Sinister Strike, Sinister Strike, Eviscerate, Sinister Strike, Sinister Strike, Sinister Strike, Sinister Strike, Sinister Strike, Eviscerate',
    PostMacro = [[
-- Any after macro commands (i.e. trinkets) should be put here...
    ]],
}

Wow Macros:

Run (this allows sprinting twice)

#showtooltip
/cast Sprint
/cast Preparation<code></code>

Blind (this allows blinding two mobs rather quickly)

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=combat/10 Gouge, Blind

Defense

#showtooltip
/cast Will of the Forsaken
/cast Evasion
/cast Combat Readiness
/cast Feint
/cast Cloak of Shadows
/cast Smoke Bomb

Heal (right now only one spell in here, but can be added on to easily)

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=target Recuperate

Vanish

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=10 Vanish,Preparation

I’m happy to hear any feedback or improvements.

Thanks!

Isn’t rupture supposed to be in there?

I believe you’re thinking of the assassin builds. Check the DPS guides, and you’ll see what I mean.

Or if you don’t like the guides you can always mix-n-match whatever abilities you think will work for you in the rotation. I think customizing things to one’s tastes is half the fun.

Thanks!

I dont see Slice N Dice in the macro, which would be a major dps loss. Unlike Assassination rogues, I dont think combat rogues get Improved Slice N Dice as a leveling perk. I could be wrong, im not 100 yet.

Yes, w/ the Warlords perk I have Slice and Dice up perma now w/ no need for me to mess with it.

Before then I had this:

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=target Recuperate, Slice and Dice

That macro combined w/ the ‘Glyph of Deadly Momentum’ pretty much ensured that ‘Recuperate’ and ‘Slice and Dice’ were always up.

I hope this helps.

Nathan

what about at 100? wont that glyph be useless? also i switched to combat to try this out and combat rogues do not get the improved slice and dice perk. yes i am at 100 btw