Enhance 6.0.2: Action Swap Attempt

When I tested ascendance, storm strike would not pop if tied to the same macro. Also, feral and storm strike are both using the same gcd, so you’ll want to put either on a different line. The other thing to remember is- the more bars you have the more you need to smash. If Ss becomes available and you have it bar 2 while smashing an open rotation (no current cds for 3-end) have to use those gcds until you reach it. Popping ascendance and having to go through all bars 3-6, then bar 1, then 2 to a storm strike for example will net you very little storms hitting on ascendance. If you want to work in ascendance, I would work it in after flame shock so gcd is not wasted on your initial pop for Searing, Flame Shock, UE, Feral, Earth Elemental etc. You’ve wasted half of the time to even windstrike at that point. Hope that helps

i got through all 6 very fast though, but I also using gaming keyboard that is catching the button smashes. Also like i said in testing from one macro to the the 6 bar rotation dps went up by 2k in long run because windstrike was being used better. But feral and storm not on same bar macro anymore. Storm button push is its own macro in rotation so that it pushes even when renamed windstrike.

that being said i am not saying my way is bets or the way to do it either just saying it was doing more in long run. than the other macro setups for me because certain things like windstrike weren’t being pressed.

Hi,

Tried both of these macro, and I’ve to say I do like them a lot. Simple question, did you already have an idea for an AoE one ?

Oh, and as I’m already here, do you know a program which spam the key of your keyboard that you are pushing (until you release it) ?

(sorry for bad english, not first language…)

there is a program called AutoHotkey not verry eay to use, I prefer to use my Razor Naga2012 mouse and the Razor Synaps program that comes with it, boath methods are are contravesial about their usage so keep quiet about it when playing the game if you get them to work for you.

[quote quote=16926]i got through all 6 very fast though, but I also using gaming keyboard that is catching the button smashes. Also like i said in testing from one macro to the the 6 bar rotation dps went up by 2k in long run because windstrike was being used better. But feral and storm not on same bar macro anymore. Storm button push is its own macro in rotation so that it pushes even when renamed windstrike.

that being said i am not saying my way is bets or the way to do it either just saying it was doing more in long run. than the other macro setups for me because certain things like windstrike weren’t being pressed.
[/quote]

Hi Sean,

Would mind displaying your 6 macro rotation pls, my rotation is breaking down around windstrike, I have a G15 keyboard so it’s not the key pressing causing the prob.

Great work to you, Draedox and Dohboy.

Hey Everyone!

Sorry for being MIA, have been doing some fun IRL stuff that’s kept me away.

I’m glad everyone has been able to use it and take off with it! The issue with Stormstrike and Windstrike is that it will activate with the call of Stormstrike but not progress the macro because it is NOT Stormstrike.

Honestly, I had no idea you could go beyond 4 hotbars. If it were possible to do 6 bars, I’d honestly just separate the macro with SS/LL/UE onto their own buttons. That would alleviate the need to worry about Windstrike and cause your SS/LL/UE to each go off on CD without worrying about a cast sequence.

I’m not sure if it’s simply /swapactionbar 4 5 and 5 6 to go to bars 5 and 6, but if it is…

Change macro 2 to:

#showtooltip 
/cast Unleash Elements
/swapactionbar 2 3
/startattack

Change Macro 4 to:

#showtooltip 
/castsequence Fire Elemental Totem, Earth Elemental Totem
/swapactionbar 4 5
/startattack

then create Macro 5:

#showtooltip 
/cast Lava Lash
/swapactionbar 5 6
/startattack

and Macro 6:

#showtooltip 
/cast Stormstrike
/swapactionbar 1 6
/startattack

Macro 1 and 3 remain unchanged in this case, but as others have mentioned, you can and may need to adjust your flame to frost shock ratio if you feel like flame is being overwritten too quickly or you want to just put more rotations of flame/frost before searing totem is cast again.

One more thing… I have actually been playing my DK recently and just went to check on their macros; Someone posted a “0” cast sequence macro and said it works. Unfortunately, servers are down but maybe they brought back the scripts? I’ll check when servers come up. If that’s the case, we’d simply recompile the macros and go back to the 5.4 macro as Brad mentioned this was basically from.

yea once game is back up i can list what i am currently using, again im not a macro pro was just editing what had been posted to try and catch the errors the rotation was giving me. might give dohboys 6 bar listing a try also. im personally waiting for a nice one button setup that works like it did back in 5.4. so dohboy u r saying if stormstrike is on its own bar it should pick up windstrike either way that the only reason i was having the hangup in old setup was cause it was mixed with other stuff?

here is what i was using for a bit now. on all bars i have macro in button 1 spot and lb button 2 spot
feel free to comment if i should make any changes or anything. again just buying time till one button macro works without all the swapping.

bar 1
#showtooltip
/cast Unleash Elements
/cast [combat] Shamanistic Rage
/swapactionbar 1 2
/startattack

bar 2
#showtooltip
/castsequence [pet:Primal Earth Elemental] reset=target Searing Totem,Flame Shock,Frost Shock,Frost Shock,Frost Shock,Frost Shock,Frost Shock,Frost Shock
/castsequence [pet:Primal Fire Elemental] reset=target Flame Shock,Frost Shock,Frost Shock,Frost Shock,Frost Shock,Frost Shock,Frost Shock
/castsequence [nopet:] reset=target Searing Totem,Flame Shock,Frost Shock,Frost Shock,Frost Shock,Frost Shock,Frost Shock,Frost Shock
/swapactionbar 2 3
/startattack

bar 3
#showtooltip
/castsequence Feral Spirit
/cast [combat] Ascendance
/cast [combat] Ancestral Swiftness
/cast [combat] Ancestral Guidance
/swapactionbar 3 4
/startattack

bar 4 this bar i had stormstrike button 3 (but dohboy was saying stormstrike alone would hit windstrike?)
#showtooltip
/click MultiBarRightButton3
/swapactionbar 4 5
/startattack

bar 5
#showtooltip
/castsequence Lava Lash
/swapactionbar 5 6
/startattack

bar 6
#showtooltip
/swapactionbar 1 6
/startattack

Prestatement: Change your bar 4 /click to /cast Stormstrike; it just needs its own macro like you gave LL and UE already.

Yep, to be more specific; if you were to type “/cast Stormstrike” it would cast Stormstrike every time and Windstrike when in ascendancy. However, when Stormstrike is in a castsequence macro, like “/castsequence stormstrike, lava lash”, the only way for it to move on to the next spell is if Stormstrike is specifically the spell cast.

That means that while in ascendancy it will spam windstrike but never move on to lava lash until ascendancy ends and it finally casts an actual Stormstrike.

Because of this, a 6 bar macro would work near perfect as it would alleviate any need to create a perfect sequence based on haste. Our attacks are “whack a cool down” and any change in haste can cause a spell to pop off CD prematurely and wait for activation. Once that cast sequence is split up, SS LL and UE, they are all free of each other and can activate as soon as they are available; no lost dps.

The only macro that needs to be properly sequenced is the first one to ensure you don’t cast searing totem or flame shock too often. I originally set up my first macro to recast searing and flameshock after roughly 30s so that flame shock can get a majority of its ticks in and without care for recasting searing totem too soon. If you essentially double all the casts after searing totem in the no pet and earth elemental sequence, it will make it so that it waits longer, about 60s, to recast searing totem.

I’ll play with things as soon as I get back on and update the original post with a better 6 bar macro. Stay tuned!

how is the remade 6 bar going?

Okay, sorry for the delay, I’ve been on vacation. For some reason the site will not let me edit any of my posts; so here is a new one with the updated macros:

Macro 1 for Hotbar 1: Still casts Flame Shock and Frost Shock at a 1:3 ratio as well as searing totem periodically if you do not have fire elemental out. Also activates all CDs except for pets, which are handled on other macros. I’ve doubled the casts of the shocks in each macro to cover a 60 second rotation as to not reuse searing totem too often. Also added a reset of 60 seconds. This macro will need more testing in the real world to determine how it handles in fights with a lot of movement and target switching. We may want to manually control searing totem or just remove the target swap and recast totem every 60 seconds.

#showtooltip 
/castsequence [pet:Primal Earth Elemental] reset=target/60 Searing Totem, Flame Shock, Frost Shock, Frost Shock, Frost Shock, Flame Shock, Frost Shock, Frost Shock, Frost Shock
/castsequence [pet:Primal Fire Elemental] reset=target/60 Flame Shock, Frost Shock, Frost Shock, Frost Shock, Flame Shock, Frost Shock, Frost Shock, Frost Shock
/castsequence [nopet:] reset=target/60 Searing Totem, Flame Shock, Frost Shock, Frost Shock, Frost Shock, Flame Shock, Frost Shock, Frost Shock, Frost Shock
/cast [combat] Elemental Mastery
/swapactionbar 1 2
/startattack

Macro 2-4 for Hotbar 2-4: After learning you can use 6 bars, I’ve split the previous macro 2 into 3 separate macros for each ability which allows stormstrike to still use windstrike without locking up the cast sequence:

Macro 2 - Hotbar 2:

#showtooltip 
/cast Unleash Elements
/swapactionbar 2 3
/startattack

Macro 3 - Hotbar 3

#showtooltip 
/cast Lava Lash
/swapactionbar 3 4
/startattack

Macro 4 - Hotbar 4

#showtooltip 
/cast Stormstrike
/swapactionbar 4 5
/startattack

Macro 5 for Hotbar 5: Old macro 3, moved to 5 and swapactionbar numbers changed; still summons wolves.

#showtooltip 
/castsequence  Feral Spirit
/swapactionbar 5 6
/startattack

Macro 6 for Hotbar 6: Old macro 4, moved to 6 and swapactionbar numbers changed; still summons elementals.

#showtooltip 
/swapactionbar 1 6
/startattack

Enjoy! Let me know how it goes!

i dont see anything hanging up. i did notice about 1k dps drop from my old sawpping though. ilevel 542 i was htting about 6.5 steady and spiked up early at about 8k. I was getting 7k as a rock bottom steady around 7.5-8 and spikes upwards to 10. ill do more testing could have just been this trial.

I tested the original 4 bar set and this 6 bar set; oddly enough, they each have the exact same DPS for me which is around 4.2-4.3k without lightning bolts (so, just the macro) at ilvl 524. I even tried messing with the first macro a bit more to get a better ratio of flames to frosts, with really no difference. I also tried all flame shocks and still end up at ~4.3k dps. Not sure why you lost 1k honestly. Make sure everything is in the right order on the bars, IE that macro 1 is on hotbar 1 and 2 on 2, etc etc.

Hi Dohboy,

Great work! For PVP I have situational spells bound like capacitor, tremor totems, fire nova etc, however, where would you place earthbind totem (if earth ele doesn’t exist) and healing stream totem as I don’t think it hurts to drop these constantly in BG when available?

Cheers

Hi Dohboy,

Great work! For PVP I have situational spells bound like capacitor, tremor totems, fire nova etc, however, where would you place earthbind totem (if earth ele doesn’t exist) and healing stream totem as I don’t think it hurts to drop these constantly in BG when available?

Also, a bit cheeky, but how would you go about creating an AOE (magma, fire nova, chain lightning etc) while still doing single target damage as swap action for PVE?

Cheers

[quote quote=17635]Hi Dohboy,

Also, a bit cheeky, but how would you go about creating an AOE (magma, fire nova, chain lightning etc) while still doing single target damage as swap action for PVE?

Cheers
[/quote]

I can’t get on to test it, but this should work for what you need, just replace macro 1 with this:

#showtooltip 
/castsequence [pet:Primal Earth Elemental] reset=target/60 Searing Totem, Healing Stream Totem, Flame Shock, Frost Shock, Frost Shock, Frost Shock, Flame Shock, Frost Shock, Frost Shock, Frost Shock
/castsequence [pet:Primal Fire Elemental] reset=target/60 Earthbind Totem, Healing Stream Totem, Flame Shock, Frost Shock, Frost Shock, Frost Shock, Flame Shock, Frost Shock, Frost Shock, Frost Shock
/castsequence [nopet:] reset=target/60 Searing Totem, Earthbind Totem, Healing Stream Totem, Flame Shock, Frost Shock, Frost Shock, Frost Shock, Flame Shock, Frost Shock, Frost Shock, Frost Shock
/castsequence [mod:alt] reset=target/60 Flame Shock, Magma Totem, Fire Nova, Fire Nova, Fire Nova, Fire Nova, Fire Nova, Fire Nova, Fire Nova, Fire Nova
/cast [combat] Elemental Mastery
/swapactionbar 1 2
/startattack

Just to give you a breakdown if you want to edit it some more, The first cast sequence is what will be casted when you have Earth Elemental out, thus no earthbind. Second is when you have fire Elemental, no searing totem, and the third is for when you have no pets, all totems. Thus it should cast healing stream totem no matter what and it will cast Earthbind Totem when you don’t have Primal Earth Elemental out.

As far as AOE, I am not sure if you want to weave in some more flame shocks or just spam fire nova, but line 4 is set for when you hold a modifier (alt in this case, but you can change it to ctrl or shift though each may require you to change some keybinds) it should first apply Flame Shock, then Magma Totem (to hopefully give your LL time to spread the Flame Shock) and then spam Fire Nova.

Give it a shot, let me know how it goes. I’ll try to test it as soon as the servers come back up as well.

what would be a good separate macro for aoe so that im not pushing mod button when i want to aoe. i kind of like them separate but im no genius in best macro rotation for aoe and what not to make the aoe come out the best.

/castsequence reset=target/60 Magma Totem, Flame Shock, Lava Lash, Unleash Elements, Fire Nova, Fire Nova, Fire Nova, Fire Nova, Fire Nova, Fire Nova, Fire Nova, Fire Nova

That’s pretty much all you need. Maybe add a few more Fire Nova, but I highly doubt most AOE fights that aren’t boss fights are going to last that long. Make sure you cast Chain Lightning when you get procs, that’s best done manually.