Frost Deathknight Dual Wield Macro 6.0.2

My wife and I were running ICC Heroic 10 man, because the guy we carried hadn’t never done it and we wanted to open the 25 man next week for him, we burned through it faster then normal, so we were amazed when immediately the boat portion was over in about 5 secs and were talking about how they must have really nerfed a lot of this content, after killing off the Lich King, in a matter of seconds, we were worried that maybe we bugged it, but he finished his conversation and loot was passed around, so our next journey was Black Temple, the wife noticed her howling blast wasn’t firing off, at first I poo poo’d her, and told her we were just killing to fast, but she kept insisting it wasn’t working right, so I jumped on her computer and played around and she was right, I then jumped back on mine and got just within range where howling blast would do it splash effect and mine as well wasn’t working, so we came back here and compared notes, everything looked right, I then noticed Bone Daddy’s macro
#showtooltip Howling Blast
/castsequence reset=10/target Howling Blast, Plague Strike, Soul Reaper, Frost Strike, Howling Blast, Howling Blast, Frost Strike
/cast [combat] Plague Leech
/cast [combat] Blood Tap
/cast [combat] Pillar of Frost
/cast [combat] Empower Rune Weapon
and gave it a shot, I had the wife use it, and I continued to use the others above posted, there was a mile of difference, so just a heads up, the better working macro right now is Bone Daddy’s, it far outstrips the others for dps, haven’t tried it in heroic SoO yet. but it seems to be firing off better

[quote quote=17938]My wife and I were running ICC Heroic 10 man, because the guy we carried hadn’t never done it and we wanted to open the 25 man next week for him, we burned through it faster then normal, so we were amazed when immediately the boat portion was over in about 5 secs and were talking about how they must have really nerfed a lot of this content, after killing off the Lich King, in a matter of seconds, we were worried that maybe we bugged it, but he finished his conversation and loot was passed around, so our next journey was Black Temple, the wife noticed her howling blast wasn’t firing off, at first I poo poo’d her, and told her we were just killing to fast, but she kept insisting it wasn’t working right, so I jumped on her computer and played around and she was right, I then jumped back on mine and got just within range where howling blast would do it splash effect and mine as well wasn’t working, so we came back here and compared notes, everything looked right, I then noticed Bone Daddy’s macro
/castsequence reset=10/target Howling Blast, Plague Strike, Soul Reaper, Frost Strike, Howling Blast, Howling Blast, Frost Strike
/cast [combat] Blood Tap
and gave it a shot, I had the wife use it, and I continued to use the others above posted, there was a mile of difference, so just a heads up, the better working macro right now is Bone Daddy’s, it far outstrips the others for dps, haven’t tried it in heroic SoO yet. but it seems to be firing off better[/quote]

I can understand that William, since the 1,2,3,4,5 sequences is no longer working. I can make a perfect reset=target instead of that :slight_smile:

Send me a PM on what you want, pvp or pve :slight_smile: Ill work on it my friend.

Sincerely, Tobb

I modified the above macro using Unholy Blight instead of Plague Leech and removed Blood Tap which was causing the macro to stall.

This is what I am using, which puts me in the top 5 DPS on heroic runs 572 Frost DK.

/targetenemy [noharm][noexists]
/cast [combat] unholy blight
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

[quote quote=17707]This is what I’m currently using, seems to be working okay.
But what do I know.

/cast [combat] Blood Tap
[/quote]

How often does your Howling blast fire off mine seems to be a bit iffy with howling blasts and not great with the whole macro thing, Any info is much appreciated also is this viable in both PVE and PVP?

Cant test it myself right now as waiting for payday to buy more game time :smiley:

This is what I have settled with, I would put my final macro here instead of in my WIP thread as its not WIP anymore :stuck_out_tongue:

#showtooltip Howling Blast /castsequence [mod:alt]Blood Tap /castsequence reset=10 Howling Blast, Plague Strike, Soul Reaper, Frost Strike, Howling Blast, Howling Blast, Frost Strike /cast [combat] Plague Leech /cast [combat] Pillar of Frost /cast [combat] outbreak /cast [combat] Empower Rune Weapon /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

I have tried the rest I have found here and this has yielded the best results for me. just target and mash away, once you get 5 stacks of blood tap just tap alt once while mashing and it will spend the charge.

one thing I have noticed is that PL and Outbreak won’t appear to fire often but they do, what happens is when it tried to fire off either ability, if it has not finished the GCD cycle it will still fire but “not ready” and the macro continues on, if this is an issue for you, you can just apply manually or add a /castsequence [mod:ctrl]plague leech or whatever and fire it off like BT while mashing. for me it only happens noticeable on traning dummies in fights it skips once every so often

[quote quote=18026]This is what I have settled with, I would put my final macro here instead of in my WIP thread as its not WIP anymore :P

#showtooltip Howling Blast /castsequence [mod:alt]Blood Tap /castsequence reset=10 Howling Blast, Plague Strike, Soul Reaper, Frost Strike, Howling Blast, Howling Blast, Frost Strike /cast [combat] Plague Leech /cast [combat] Pillar of Frost /cast [combat] outbreak /cast [combat] Empower Rune Weapon /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
I have tried the rest I have found here and this has yielded the best results for me. just target and mash away, once you get 5 stacks of blood tap just tap alt once while mashing and it will spend the charge.

one thing I have noticed is that PL and Outbreak won’t appear to fire often but they do, what happens is when it tried to fire off either ability, if it has not finished the GCD cycle it will still fire but “not ready” and the macro continues on, if this is an issue for you, you can just apply manually or add a /castsequence [mod:ctrl]plague leech or whatever and fire it off like BT while mashing. for me it only happens noticeable on traning dummies in fights it skips once every so often

[/quote]

This one works well for me. Thanks

Obliterate does more damage than Soul Reaper on targets >35% health so I am using 2 buttons. The first macro is for >35% and second for <35%

Obliterate before Frost Strike in first macro in case you get a proc.

Moved “Howling Blast, Plague Strike” to end of second macro because once you get a target to <35% you probably already have diseases up.

#showtooltip Obliterate
/castsequence [mod:alt]Blood Tap
/castsequence reset=10 Howling Blast, Plague Strike, Frost Strike, Obliterate, Howling Blast, Howling Blast, Frost Strike
/cast [combat] outbreak

#showtooltip Soul Reaper
/castsequence [mod:alt]Blood Tap
/castsequence reset=10 Soul Reaper, Frost Strike, Howling Blast, Howling Blast, Frost Strike, Howling Blast, Plague Strike
/cast [combat] outbreak

Ok, having used multiple gnomesequencer macros, I still find that Bone Daddy’s is kicking out the better dps, I am not sure why, because the sequencers seem to fire off consistently but the dps blows balls, so its up to you guys, it took a bit to get the sequencer to work, it is so simple but using bonedaddy’s you can use either plague leech or blight its about the same dps, and if you don’t like the jerkiness of blood tap you can remove it, but definitely bone daddys or the one im posting seems to kick more dps , this is not my macro design it was given to me by a kind soul Tobb
/targetenemy [noharm][noexists]
/cast [combat] unholy blight

(Note) use MacroToolKit for this macro, not sure if super-duper works on this as well

Hey William! I’m back after a vaccation so i’ll remake my macro since I see that macro_toolkit has had a lot of updates according to world of warcraft.

I’ll see what I can do, but give me some time… Cheers!

That will be great, im definitely having issues with Gnomesequencer working for frost, it does real well with the blood macro, but the frost DW/2Hnd just aint getting it, so the one you made still does better, what I do is keep my Oblit hot keyed and spam the hell out of it, definitely looking forward to you updating yours

ok this is what I came up with dinking around today, with the other macros I noticed that I could keep my runic power up without stalling to much by spamming frost strike if duel wielding and popping oblit when it lit up, doing this I usually managed to be in the top 3 doing raids, problem is with the new expansion my gear is not as good as it was, so after much thought I cobbled together this Gnome Macro, its the same concept and may need a tweak here or there,

Sequences[‘DKDuel’] = {
PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
]],
‘/cast !Howling Blast’,
‘/cast [combat] 14’,
‘/cast [combat] Pillar of Frost’,
‘/cast Obliterate’,
‘/cast Plague Strike’,
‘/cast [combat] Empower Rune Weapon’,
‘/cast [combat] Chains of Ice’,
‘/cast Frost Strike’,
‘/cast Plague Leech’,
‘/cast Frost Strike’,
‘/cast !Howling Blast’,
‘/cast [combat] Blood Tap’,
‘/cast Soul Reaper’,
‘/cast Frost Strike’,
‘/cast !Howling Blast’,
}

What running frost does is burn a ton of Runic Power, you need to have as many runes lit at all times or our dps sucks:
ok, now for glyfs and talents and the whys: (Plague Leech) keeps Runic Power building, (Lichborne) I call it a get out of jail card, you can chose purgatory or what ever bakes your bread, it just works for me, (Asphyxiate) For Pvp or Chillblaines for raiding/pve (Blood Tap) Again Runic Power, it will cause your toon to spasm, but its only does that on your screen, no one can see the elliptic fits (Death Pact) Self Explanitory Frost rarely get heals, your going to need all your tricks, pop shield then Death pact when in trouble. (Desecrated Ground) another get out of jail card, (Necrotic Plague) seems to be the way all the frost dks are rolling, I am still expiermenting with different talents on this but right now it seems to be the best,

ok my glyfs Anti magic shell, glyf of empowerment not only does it give us runic power, it heals for 30% again remember frost rarely gets heals in raids or dungeons so we have to be tricky, glyf of icy runes, gives 10 runic power see the first statement you will see this again, that’s the important glyfs for raids, dungeons, pvp, but the point of all this is to not be starved for runic power, please feel free to tweak this but I played around today with it big time and topped the charts with very little spamming of my other keys, this is also why chains of ice are in the macro to get the runic power popped up needed , so test it, tweak it, critique it, and let me know, this will work with either Duel wield or Two Handed, World of Warcraft (Note) if you check out my toon, depending on when I quit game, could be my pvp gear, or it could be my pve gear, lol just in case you are wondering

William,

first off thanks, was wondering what your dps is on butcher (the single target)

Ok with further experimentation I have found the above macro kicks out some good dps using my current layout. though I still find myself having to spam Frost Strike when Duel Wielding and for two hander Spamming Frost Strike and popping Obliterate when it lights up, I did some heroics today and purposely started later and each time moved to the top of the charts, so over all im very satisfied with how my cobbled macro seems to work, I did some bgs as well, using the 2hander weapon and with the same results, but like anything else the better your gear the better your DpS, I haven’t had the opportunity to do a raid with this one yet, but its doable, I might try MC again, if I can put up with 4 hours of people not listening hehehe