Frost Mage gnome sequencer 1 button macro, Enjoy

Or if their writing it from firefox nice try at a troll tho.

For some reason i cant make none of this sequences to work. I open the sequence.lua file then i go to the end, make a space and paste the source code provided by you guys. I go into the game log into the character, open the macro screen and make a new macro with exactly the same name as the sequence name and thats it, then i click save and try to use the sequences and it doesn’t work. What am i doing wrong?

You prob have to go into the macro and change out all the quote marks ( ’ ). That is in the macro name and at the end and beginning of each line in the main body of the macro.

Every time I try to use this, I keep getting the error message “You are too far away” no matter where I stand :frowning: Anyone else had this issue. Also it may help you too know I am only lvl 15 atm which could be why but I always assumed GS skipped over the talents you don’t have etc.

Just wondering if anyone has done any improvements on this macro.

I found the issue in the OP’s macro OTHER than the fact that there were words misspelled. The issue was that the OP had put Ice Nova in with the main casting macro which was causing a lock up when it was still on cooldown and you are trying to cast the other spells in the sequence. I fixed the issue and am having no more lock ups with this macro below now.

Thanks for the original macro btw :slight_smile: Just fixed a couple things and this one should work for all now with NO LOCK UPS.

Sequences['Frosty'] = { 
PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
 ]],
	'/castsequence reset=26, Ice Barrier',
	'/castsequence reset=21, Ice Ward',
	'/castsequence reset=26, Ice Nova',
	'/castsequence reset=31, Comet Storm',
	'/castsequence reset=26, Frostbolt,Frostbolt,Frostbolt,Ice lance,Ice Lance,Frostfire Bolt,Frostbolt,Frostbolt,Frostbolt,Ice Lance,Ice Lance,Frostfire Bolt',
	'/cast Frozen Orb',
	'/cast Ice Nova',
	'/castsequence reset=20 Deep Freeze,Ice Lance,Ice Lance',

PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/use [combat]Ice Floes
/use [combat]Icy Veins
/use [combat]Mirror Image
/use [combat]Frozen Orb

]],
}

DerpDiggler

Hi thx for the macro, can i use it for pvp??

Jimmy

I was trying all the macros listed and was still having issues. I think I fixed them. Having no lockups

Sequences['Frosty'] = { 
PreMacro = [[
]],
	'/castsequence reset=26, Frostbolt,Frostbolt,Frostbolt,Ice lance,Ice Lance,Frostfire Bolt,Frostbolt,Frostbolt,Frostbolt,Ice Lance,Ice Lance,Frostfire Bolt',
	'/cast Frozen Orb',
	'/cast Ice Nova',
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/use [combat]Ice Floes
/use [combat]Icy Veins
/use [combat]Frozen Orb
]],
}

@cmbates2009
So, I am spec’d a little differently, I think. I’ve followed most of the Icy-Veins.com Frost mage info. IE, I have taken their opening spells into account, as well as the talents I have (Ie, I dont have Ice Barrier or Ice Nova, but rather Alter Time and Frost Bomb.)

So to remove Ice Barrier, does that have any impact on the reset or anything? I dont even know what the “reset” does :slight_smile:
And to change Ice Nova with Frost Bomb, again, any impact on the reset?

And the 2 lines that are alone for cast Frozen Orb I would leave but the /cast Ice Nova I would assume I’d change out for Frost Bomb, right?

I also took Alter Time rather than MI, because it’s supposidly much better dps - so I guess I could either take that our or change MI into AT … again, if i change it or delete it, do I have to modify the macro?

Thanks in advance for your help!

[quote quote=24598]I was trying all the macros listed and was still having issues. I think I fixed them. Having no lockups

Sequences['Frosty'] = { 
PreMacro = [[
]],
	'/cast Frozen Orb',
	'/cast Ice Nova',
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/use [combat]Ice Floes
/use [combat]Icy Veins
/use [combat]Frozen Orb
]],
}
```[/quote]

[quote quote=24730]
So to remove Ice Barrier, does that have any impact on the reset or anything? I dont even know what the “reset” does :) And to change Ice Nova with Frost Bomb, again, any impact on the reset?
And the 2 lines that are alone for cast Frozen Orb I would leave but the /cast Ice Nova I would assume I’d change out for Frost Bomb, right?
I also took Alter Time rather than MI, because it’s supposidly much better dps – so I guess I could either take that our or change MI into AT … again, if i change it or delete it, do I have to modify the macro?
Thanks in advance for your help!

‘/castsequence reset=26, Frostbolt,Frostbo
I was trying all the macros listed and was still having issues. I think I fixed them. Having no lockups ``` Sequences['Frosty'] = { PreMacro = [[ /targetenemy [noharm][dead] ]], '/castsequence reset=26, Ice Barrier', '/castsequence reset=21, Ice Ward', '/castsequence reset=26, Ice Nova', '/castsequence reset=31, Comet Storm', '/castsequence reset=26, Frostbolt,Frostbolt,Frostbolt,Ice lance,Ice Lance,Frostfire Bolt,Frostbolt,Frostbolt,Frostbolt,Ice Lance,Ice Lance,Frostfire Bolt', '/cast Frozen Orb', '/cast Ice Nova', '/castsequence reset=20 Deep Freeze,Ice Lance,Ice Lance', PostMacro = [[ /startattack /use [combat]13 /use [combat]14 /use [combat]Ice Floes /use [combat]Icy Veins /use [combat]Mirror Image /use [combat]Frozen Orb ]], } ```
[/quote]

@Rexron - Sorry for the way late reply on this. I was out for training for my job. I am back now and can try to answer your questions. I as well am learning still about gnomesequencer.

Yes, if you change a talent and it replaces a talent you have in gnomesequencer, you will have to make the edits.

Still unable to get frostfire bolt to fire off when it procs any suggestions?

Sequences['Frosty'] = { 
PreMacro = [[
]],
	'/cast Ice Nova',
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/use [combat]Icy Veins
/use [combat]Frozen Orb
]],
}
```[/quote]

Yeah. Take Frostfire Bolt out of the macro rotation completely and either keybind it separately or add it in on a modifier key. You’re only supposed to use it when it procs. It’s a waste of cast time otherwise.

I cannot get any of these macros to work. It casts the buffs, two frostbolts, some ice lances, but that is it, until the buffs come off of cooldown. It does not seem to make a difference, but some of these show casting Frozen Orb twice, first as a /cast, and later as a /use, and Ice Nova twice, first as a /castsequence, and second as a /cast.

I made sure that all of the apostrophes were the correct character. What else can I try? Thank you very much!

the above macro works pretty well for me with the exception that frozen orb will never fire. there are no lock ups and i’ve cut and pasted everything as far as i can tell. Is it possible that a combination of my button mashing and haste skips frozen orb? Is this intended as a button masher or should there be a steady rhythm?

frozen orb is a cast so change the /use to /cast and it should fire off

can you make this 1 not GS and send to me,lol

Hello

To help I starts again wow and my witch frost what is the macro has to use today?