GS-E/GS-E2 7.3 FROST

Great buddy appreciate ti!

Ok,

I have the Gs_myMacros and atom. I opened the mage.lua using atom and edited the file as follows :

local Sequences = GSMasterSequences – Dont remove this
Sequences[“AOEDF”] = {
specID = 251,
author = “John Mets”,
helpTxt = “Talent: 3213213”,
StepFunction = GSStaticPriority,
PreMacro = [[
/cast [combat] Pillar of Frost
]],
“/castsequence reset=combat Obliterate, Frost Strike”,
‘/castsequence reset=combat Frostscythe, Frost Strike, Frost Strike, Obliterate, howling blast’,
“/castsequence reset=combat Glacial Advance”,
“/cast [combat] remorseless winter”,
“/cast [combat] empower rune weapon”,
PostMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/cast [mod:alt] Anti-Magic Shell
/use [combat] 12
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
]],
}

*I then saved it as AOEDF.LUA

I cannot find this macro inside /gsse or my macros.

You wont.

There is nothing to tell the game to load AOEDF.lua.

Copy the sequence part and save it to GS-myMacros\DeathKnight.lua

Just remember to save the sequence after the
local Sequences = GSMasterSequences line

[quote quote=31277]Ok,
I have the Gs_myMacros and atom. I opened the mage.lua using atom and edited the file as follows :
local Sequences = GSMasterSequences — Dont remove this Sequences[“AOEDF”] = { specID = 251, author = “John Mets”, helpTxt = “Talent: 3213213”, StepFunction = GSStaticPriority, PreMacro = [[ /cast [combat] Pillar of Frost ]], “/castsequence reset=combat Obliterate, Frost Strike”, ‘/castsequence reset=combat Frostscythe, Frost Strike, Frost Strike, Obliterate, howling blast’, “/castsequence reset=combat Glacial Advance”, “/cast [combat] remorseless winter”, “/cast [combat] empower rune weapon”, PostMacro = [[ /targetenemy [noharm][dead] /cast [mod:alt] Anti-Magic Shell /use [combat] 12 /use [combat] 13 /use [combat] 14 /script UIErrorsFrame:Hide(); ]], }
*I then saved it as AOEDF.LUA
I cannot find this macro inside /gsse or my macros.
[/quote]

Dont copy the version of the macro from that post as all the "'s are wrong.

Sequences["AOEDF"] = {
specID = 251,
author = "John Mets",
helpTxt = "Talent: 3213213",
PreMacro = [[
]],
"/castsequence reset=combat Obliterate, Frost Strike",
'/castsequence reset=combat Frostscythe, Frost Strike, Frost Strike, Obliterate, howling blast',
"/castsequence reset=combat Glacial Advance",
"/cast [combat] remorseless winter",
"/cast [combat] empower rune weapon",
PostMacro = [[
]],
}

I took out the

/use [combat] 12
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14

As these are global options you can set for all macros (Ingame hit Escape then choose Interface then hte Addons tab)

OK i saved the the sequence to GS-myMacros\DeathKnight.lua and reloaded the console. now where can i discover this macro?

Alright i saved this code/sequence

Sequences[“AOEDF”] = {
specID = 251,
author = “John Mets”,
PreMacro = [[
]],
‘/castsequence reset=combat Frostscythe, Frost Strike, Frost Strike, Obliterate, howling blast’,
PostMacro = [[
]],
}

It worked amazing! Can i save the other two by john met or only one under Deathknight.lua

yup that worked all under death knight.lua

Sequences[‘FDK2’] = {
StepFunction = [[
limit = limit or 1
if step == limit then
limit = limit % #macros + 1
step = 1
else
step = step % #macros + 1
end
]],
PreMacro = [[
/cast [combat] Anti-Magic Shell
]],
‘/castsequence reset=combat Frost Strike’,
‘/cast Obliterate’,
‘/cast Obliteration’,
‘/castsequence reset=combat Howling Blast, Howling Blast, Howling Blast, Obliterate’,
‘/castsequence reset=combat Howling Blast, Howling Blast, Howling Blast, Howling Blast’,
PostMacro = [[
]],
}
Sequences[“AOEDF”] = {
specID = 251,
author = “John Mets”,
PreMacro = [[
]],
PostMacro = [[
]],
}

Hi, have used the GS with notepad++ for years now but so far nothing I do gets these or any macro to work at a loss. Please help?

Hi try https://notepad-plus-plus.org/ Notepad ++ works for me no probs.

TM

where’s the single target GS-E macro for frost? I see the AOE one but not the single target. I’m trying to learn how to use GS-E better.

[quote quote=31913]where’s the single target GS-E macro for frost? I see the AOE one but not the single target. I’m trying to learn how to use GS-E better.
[/quote]

It’s there I tidied up the OP and renamed it better, just realise because they use different talents you have to talent swap each time you want to use one or the other. it is more of a case that one Macro focuses more on a ST and the other is an AOE focus, both can be used in all situations just based on their namesake you know which will be better for wich situation.

If you just intend on doing 5 mans the AOE is better for all the Trash and ok on the bosses.

So issues I am having personally with my Frost rotations. simply put
resource drain. could be a restart of gear cycle or low-level artifact weapon due to me focusing on blood or both.
So I am hoping for some feedback from others more frost focused on assisting me in solving any issues if the same is shared or not.
Below are two work in progress macros i am working on
they don’t yet replace the OP ones until I’m happy or the community is.
both can be used with a single talent option. the ST used frostscythe on procs only, you can either do it manually or leave the one instance that it is in the macro.
the AoE one uses it more often,
the reason for this adjustments was Glacial Advance while nice output relies too much on flat terrain and was becoming a hit and miss affair.

I have also noticed that Oblit still scales poorly. and I was getting more out of frostscythe on procs and all but replacing it on 3+ mobs.

note the talents for the followeing are the same so yu can have both assinged and use as needed unlike the OP ones.

any feedback and thoughts is reccomended to assist me in making our lives easy :smiley:

Sequences["DFST"] = {
specID = 251,
author = "John Mets",
helpTxt = "Talent: 2233211",
    PreMacro = [[
    ]],
    '/castsequence reset=combat Frostscythe, Frost Strike, Frost Strike, Obliterate, howling blast',
    "/castsequence reset=combat Obliteration",
    PostMacro = [[
    ]],
}

Sequences["AOEDF"] = {
specID = 251,
author = "John Mets",
helpTxt = "Talent: 2233211",
    PreMacro = [[
    ]],
    '/castsequence reset=combat Frostscythe, Frost Strike, Frost Strike, Frostscythe, howling blast',
    "/castsequence reset=combat Obliteration",
    PostMacro = [[
    ]],
}

Nice Macros but I have only one request for me, I need death strike for the healing aspect… I find the survivability low questing in frost mode. So I end up in blood Mode. I tried adding it to the first cast sequnce but that did not work out all. I have now added " /cast death strike" before the first cast sequence and will see how that works out. Even in LFR dungeons where the healing is problematic I find I still need death strike. What do you think?
Thank you

[quote quote=33689]Nice Macros but I have only one request for me, I need death strike for the healing aspect… I find the survivability low questing in frost mode. So I end up in blood Mode. I tried adding it to the first cast sequnce but that did not work out all. I have now added ” /cast death strike” before the first cast sequence and will see how that works out. Even in LFR dungeons where the healing is problematic I find I still need death strike. What do you think? Thank you
[/quote]

This sucks in general as for Frost DS cost far too much for it to be to in a stable frost rotation at this stage of the game. It’s RP cost just makes life harder buying you extra time but nothing to swing in that time.
personally, I have it on a separate keybind and use it on Dark Succor procs as its free. Trouble with that is
it only procs on a mob kill :(. the only other thing is to take Koltira out with you as he is a blood DK companion and tanks ok, makes a huge difference out in the world.

i have question what is you route on you frost weapon or are you just going the way Icy Veins says to go?

[quote quote=33862]i have question what is you route on you frost weapon or are you just going the way Icy Veins says to go?
[/quote]

I’m not sure I have not looked but I have gone the shortest path to Sindragosa’s Fury and now making my way to Hypothermia.

UPDATE Oct 6
Ok so Below is what I am going with and is fairly solid
I have added another instance of Howling Blast as I have started to get RP to spare and Rime was procing more often.

ST for single mobs and AOE for 2+ mobs
Talents are listed in the macro, though I will advise that it may get better results if you swap Icy Talons for murderous efficiency if having trouble maintaining IT stacks due to high mobile fights.
feedback appreciated.

Sequences['DFST'] = {
author="John Metz",
specID=251,
helpTxt = "Talents: 2233213",
icon='INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK',
PreMacro=[[
]],
"/castsequence  reset=combat  Obliterate, Frost Strike, Howling Blast",
"/castsequence  reset=combat  Frostscythe, Frost Strike, Frost Strike, Obliterate, Howling Blast",
"/castsequence  reset=combat  Glacial Advance",
"/cast [combat] Empower Rune Weapon",
PostMacro=[[
]],
}

Sequences['AOEDF'] = {
author="John Metz",
specID=251,
helpTxt = "Talents: 2213213",
icon='INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK',
PreMacro=[[
]],
"/castsequence  reset=combat  Frostscythe, Frost Strike, Howling Blast",
"/castsequence  reset=combat  Obliterate, Frost Strike, Frost Strike, Frostscythe, Howling Blast",
"/castsequence  reset=combat  Glacial Advance",
"/cast [combat] Remorseless Winter",
"/cast [combat] Empower Rune Weapon",
PostMacro=[[
]],
}