Macro Toolkit , new SDM replacement and much more

does it help to inform you that Shadow Word: Insanity is a talent?
cause the script u gave me does nothing

Ah - that would explain the colouring … and complicates the whole process :frowning:

Still, I can work on that. It still doesn’t explain why the macro doesn’t work in MT though - that really confuses me as MT should not impact on that in any way.

i installed the add on again and now all works wtf?
did i do something wrong before?
and one more thing is there a way to insert the macros directly from the sdm or i have to do it manually?

>.<

Was the last version you installed an earlier one than the current? I have made a number of recent changes.

There’s no direct way to convert SDM to MT. MT was not originally designed to replace SDM or even to break the 255 char limit - this was added later by request.

SDM stores it macros in

World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\account name\SavedVariables\SuperDuperMacro.lua

you can see the format is similar, but not the same as MT in

World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\account name\SavedVariables\MacroToolkit.lua

i used the same as the one i had lol.
thank you for your patience and i hope i will help you improve your add on anyway i can
much obliged
Baboulas7

Can SDM macros exceed the 1023 char limit?

Would it be possible to improve MT so that it can exceed the 1023 char limit?

My current macros aren’t all that complex and I regularly run into the 255 limit. I just installed MT and am playing with it. I went ahead an extended any macro close to the limit (anything longer than 230 or so chars). I’ll have to see whether the additional room helps me with those.

So far MT works great for me. It imported all of my macros without problem and helped me debug two of them that had been giving me issues.

Deepac wrote: The extended and key bind only options actually work like that – but I’ll look into an easier way to implement this.

I looked into the key bind only option, and though it would work for a key I don’t use, it’s not what I really want. I don’t want it to take up a key bind I might later on want to use. SDM has it where it just calls it like a script I think. The floating macro is just saved some place and called from a /cast command. I know that yes I can add my CD to a longer macro but some times they don’t work if all in the same one macro. And yes I know I can do a bar switch macro but again I don’t what to use up a slot I might later want to use.

yes it can.
you can change the number to char limit in
World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\MacroToolkit\MacroToolkit.lua
open it with notepad and when open press ctrl+f to open the search box and look for 1024.
you should find this section

local limit = extended and 1024 or 255
if MTF.selectedMacro > 100 or extended then
if chars > 1024 then
local ft = string.sub(dct, 1, 1024)

these are the only 3 1024 in the text i replaced them with 2024 to make a macro i had to work and the program accepted the new limit.

WARNING:if you do not know how do do this take a back up of the file first just to be sure

The character limit is only there as there is a limit to the number of characters you can store on a single line in SavedVariables. I have to admit I haven’t properly researched what that limit is, but if there is sufficient demand for it I will and then remove the limit altogether.

I didn’t explain myself very well re the floating macros. I’m am currently working on an extra tab specifically for them - behind the scenes they work the same way as extended and key bind macros, but they will not require a key bind or action bar slot.

I’m fast running out of space for tabs, so I’ve converted them to smaller icons to see how it goes.

[quote quote=5787]I didn’t explain myself very well re the floating macros. I’m am currently working on an extra tab specifically for them – behind the scenes they work the same way as extended and key bind macros, but they will not require a key bind or action bar slot.
[/quote]

O ok cool. :slight_smile: Looking forward to seeing how you do it. All in all like I said i love this replacement addon to SDM. Great work.

deepac u have to take my word for it i changed the char limit to 2024 and when i started it the program said 2024 so it is working perfectly

Baboulas if I was you I would of put 2048 as max instead of 2024, just saying cause the number bugs me cause is unusual in the computer world. But I understand you did it for testing purposes.

For Deepac I would suggest to remove the limit altogether and if it has to have a number just bump it up ridiculous high that we don’t have to worry about.

Technically speaking you don’t want the number of characters going above 1024 unless the player on the other side has a good amount of memory and hard drive. This is similar to upping your page file size by your available memory.

1024 is a happy median and no macro should be bigger. If you do as mention do this formula:

1.5x<Your Available RAM>

So for me it would be 1.5x16384 = 24576 (24 GB) in terms of limit. As mentioned you should never need to go to that limit. If you have a low amount of memory lets say 4 GB then it would be this: 1.5x4096 = 6144 (6 GB File). The 6144 is your limit.

You don’t want to use up all your memory on just a file though as it’s all stored in a buffer. So the best way to see this is to take the average WoW takes up (look this up in your performance monitor or via task manager) and minus that from the total above. So if WoW uses 2 GB (2048) than you subtract 6144-2048 = 4096 of available memory just for a file. Every time you have everything open it uses memory. That is why it’s best to have a limit, and 1024 for WoW is good.

[quote quote=6377]Technically speaking you don’t want the number of characters going above 1024 unless the player on the other side has a good amount of memory and hard drive. This is similar to upping your page file size by your available memory.

1024 is a happy median and no macro should be bigger. If you do as mention do this formula:

1.5x<Your Available RAM>

So for me it would be 1.5×16384 = 24576 (24 GB) in terms of limit. As mentioned you should never need to go to that limit. If you have a low amount of memory lets say 4 GB then it would be this: 1.5×4096 = 6144 (6 GB File). The 6144 is your limit.

You don’t want to use up all your memory on just a file though as it’s all stored in a buffer. So the best way to see this is to take the average WoW takes up (look this up in your performance monitor or via task manager) and minus that from the total above. So if WoW uses 2 GB (2048) than you subtract 6144-2048 = 4096 of available memory just for a file. Every time you have everything open it uses memory. That is why it’s best to have a limit, and 1024 for WoW is good.
[/quote]

Sorry i do not mean to necro a old thread but i have a question. I still use SDM. But when ever i play a toon that i have a macro in that uses SDM i have very very bad lag. I do not have any trouble with my normal 255 in game macros causing lag. It typically happens in 25 man content but can and has happend in 5 man heroics while tanking(using sdm). Any advise? I do have ALOT of sSDM macros. should i delete them?

Hello people, i got this msg today.
Macrotoolkit has been blocked from an action only available to the Blizzard UI. You can disable this addons and reload the UI. Blizzard change something?

Yagami - this is a common error, but unfortunately it’s misleading. It’s quite often caused by an addon other than the one it claims is causing it.

If you can work out the conditions that caused the error, then disable all your addons. Enable them one at a time to see which one is causing the problem.

If it is genuinely Macro Toolkit causing the problem, then raise a ticket over at Curseforge and I’ll get on it.

OK - got to the bottom of this issue. Blizzard broke my addon :frowning: (along with many other addons too by all accounts).

I’ll be doing a release shortly to fix this. Please note however there is also a known issue with creating keybind only macros that I’m also working on, but wanted to get this taint issue (i.e. the one described above) sorted first as it’s a biggy.

Thanks for your patience everyone and please feel free to give me any info you have on bugs you find, known or unknown - it all helps :slight_smile:

@Deepac good to know on that issue. I have the battlenet launcher and does any patches/hotifxes automatically for me so i never know if there was a hotfix or patch that came out and i was kinda boggled about the error message as well and was about to post either on here or curseforge until i saw what you posted above lol.

hi all …new to the lazy site but I cannot get in to addons and some other tabs?? anyone know why?? As well does anyone one have an up to date frost mage macro? and how do I bypass the 255 char limit? nothing I do is working …I know I know lots of questions …lol

Hello! Im new to the forum but I’ve been using lazymacros and macro toolkit for a while now. I have an issue with my disci/shadow priest macros, I have a macro for single healing and it works fine, then when I create a shadow dps macro, my single healing macro copies the shadow macro by itself, and this happens once and again, if I erase the text of one of these macros, the other one too, like they are linked or something. Thanks for your help, great addon, great macros!