Prot 255 tanking macros for WoD.

No Heroic strikes on your macros ?

If i have Heroic Strike in rotation, you wont see Shield block ever. I suggest dumping rage by Heroic Strike separately or Shield Barrier depends on situation. I did some test dps difference is 200, i prefer Shield Barrier after all its for protection spec.

This is best i have now, everything else i use manually:

/castsequence reset=4 Devastate,Shield Slam,Devastate
/castsequence reset=6 Revenge,Execute
/userandom Shield Block
/use [combat] Bloodbath
/use [combat]Berserker Rage

I hope someone can come up with something better.

I am sorry, I have copied almost every one of the proposed Macros and tried them both through the MacroToolKit addon and with the base Macro system in WoW and I have yet to find one that casts Devastate, Shield Slam AND Revenge. Most of these just get stuck on Devastate without casting SS or Rev at all. Am I doing something wrong?Again, I have Copy-Pasted the macros from the forum into my personal macros.

Having the same issue as above post, nothing but devastate and shield slam going off.

The last ones I shared are working well for me. The single target one keeps Dev and SS on cooldown, while Rev is cast on a semi-regular basis. The problem you’re going to run into, until Super Duper Macro is useable again, is that some of the spells share global cooldowns and therefore the higher spell in the macro will have priority causing the lower spell to be ignored. This seems to be the rub with Revenge, Execute, Heroic Strike, and Shield Barrier. Your job as a tank is to hold aggro while trying to mitigate damage incoming and these macros serve that purpose. Depending on the fight, in MoP when I had a macro that kept Revenge on CD, I rarely saw Revenge do more damage overall than auto attack. AoE fights would obviously raise it’s numbers but then Thunder Clap, Cleave, and Bloodbath would still be the top 3 damage dealing spells in that situation. In conclusion, Revenge shouldn’t be that high on anyone’s priority to the point that they lose sleep over it’s utilization. At “best” in any situation Revenge is your 3rd best damage dealing spell and accounts for a small fraction of your overall damage. Cheers.

P.S. I forgot to mention that I use AutoHotkey for spamming my macros, I doubt that this has any significance to it’s ability to work for me, but you never know.

Try this as your main rotation guys:

/castsequence reset=5 Devastate,Shield Slam,Revenge,Devastate,Shield Slam,Devastate

It casts Shield Slam and Revenge much more than above macros.

I also use Shield Block in my macro with the Talent Heavy repercussions which gives you a 30% boost on Shield slam damage.

I then use this macro to mitigate damage when my health drops low:

/cast Shield Barrier
/cast Shield Wall
/cast Demoralizing Shout

This pulls my health right up again.

I also use Blood Bath and Beserker Rage in my main rotaion macro.

I use a third button with Thunder clap and Shockwave on for large mobs.

I used these macros in Normal Soo from boss 1 to Garrosh last week and got my Heirloom weapon.

Try it like this and give me some feedback.