Survival Hunter (Newest) GS 2/12/2016

Any Idea why when i use the Macro my Game Lags from 80 fps to 4 fps and after the lag the macro cant be clicked?

Hello Beef,

‘/cast [nochanneling] Chimaera Shot’,

Chimaera Shot for survival? It’s correct?

[quote quote=23247]Beef since you have been back on Lazy Macros your macros have been laced with bad code. I don’t know if you are doing this on purpose and getting a kick out of the comments you are getting, or there is some other reason but it is not by accident you are uploading crap.
Anyway following are my GS Macros that work, I hope others can get some good results from them.
ilvl 665 Talents 1,3,1,1,1,3,2 the first 3 talents can be anything does not effect DPS Glyphs Animal Bond, Freezing Trap, Liberation, Play Dead, Aspect of Cheetah, Tame Beast
Flask with Greater Draenic Agility Flask Prepot with Draenic Agility Potion
Use Mecha-Blast Rocket as DPS increase (Have about 20 in backpack for raid)
Use a multistrike pet
Single Target Macro

Sequences['SVShots'] = {
StepFunction = [[
	limit = limit or 1
	if step == limit then
		limit = limit % #macros + 1
		step = 1
	else
		step = step % #macros + 1
	end
]],
PreMacro = [[
/cast [nopet,nodead]Call Pet 1;[@pet,dead]Revive Pet
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
]],
	'/use [combat] Mecha-Blast Rocket',
	'/castsequence [@focus,exists][@pet,exists] reset=30 Misdirection',
	'/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=20 Barrage',
	'/cast [nochanneling] A Murder of Crows',
    '/cast [nochanneling] Black Arrow',        
    '/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=5 Explosive Shot, Focusing Shot',	
	'/cast [nochanneling] Arcane Shot', 
	'/castsequence [nochanneling] Explosive Shot, Arcane Shot',
    '/castsequence [nochanneling] Explosive Shot, Arcane Shot',
    '/cast [nochanneling] Explosive Shot',            
    '/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=5 Focusing Shot, Arcane Shot',
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/petattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
]],
}

```AOE Macro

Sequences[‘SVAoE’] = {
StepFunction = [[
limit = limit or 1
if step == limit then
step = 1
else
end
]],
PreMacro = [[
]],
‘/use [combat] Mecha-Blast Rocket’,
‘/castsequence [@focus,exists][@pet,exists] reset=30 Misdirection’,
‘/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=20 Barrage’,
‘/cast [nochanneling] Black Arrow’,
‘/cast [nochanneling] Multi-Shot’,
‘/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Explosive Shot, Focusing Shot’,
‘/cast [nochanneling] Explosive Shot’,
‘/cast [nochanneling] A Murder of Crows’,
‘/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Focusing Shot’,
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/petattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],
}

Spud
<div class="d4p-bbt-quote-block"><a href="#23247" rel="nofollow">Quote</a></div>[/quote]

Thank you for this macro. works wonders!!!! :)

[quote quote=23811]Hello Beef,
Chimaera Shot for survival? It’s correct?

[/quote]

No that is not correct… I will be updating all of my macros today. thank you so much for pointing that out.

I appreciate all of your hunters support, this is not the most easy thing to do for everyone.

Beef

Hello Beef,
I have tested many of your macros and I intentionally look for YOURS above others. I just want to say thank You. I have yet to find a problem with any of them. This message is to simply say thank you for your time and effort in putting your macros here for others to use. I am sorry that some people are cruel, rude, and heartless. They need to realize that you don’t have too. You are only trying to help. Again thank You! You have truly made My gaming experience better!

[quote quote=24004]Hello Beef, I have tested many of your macros and I intentionally look for YOURS above others. I just want to say thank You. I have yet to find a problem with any of them. This message is to simply say thank you for your time and effort in putting your macros here for others to use. I am sorry that some people are cruel, rude, and heartless. They need to realize that you don’t have too. You are only trying to help. Again thank You! You have truly made My gaming experience better!

[/quote]

I am so happy that you have had great luck with everything and I truly appreciate the thanks, it means a lot that my work and testing is helping everyone as well as making your gaming experience better and more fun. I truly do appreciate it. Thanks so much and Happy Gaming :slight_smile:

Beef

I can not use this macro.

“Not a macro command”

How can I fix that? I’m using toolkit.

:(((

Using the StepFunction that is in the example GS script…

StepFunction = [[
	limit = limit or 1
	if step == limit then
		step = 1
	else
	end
]],

The lines that will be executed per button press are these…

Button
Press	Line
1	1
2	1
3	2
4	1
5	2
6	3
7	1
8	2
9	3
10	4
11	1
etc.

So, for Beef’s Single-Target script…

1	Barrage
2	Barrage
3	A Murder of Crows
4	Barrage
5	A Murder of Crows
6	Barrage (line 3)
7	Barrage
8	A Murder of Crows
etc.

Is this what is expected?

You can verify my assertion using this script…

Sequences["TenserExample"] = {
    -- StepFunction optionally defines how the step is incremented when pressing the button.
    -- This example increments the step in the following order: 1 12 123 1234 etc. until it reaches the end and starts over
StepFunction = [[
	limit = limit or 1
	if step == limit then
		step = 1
	else
	end
]],
PreMacro = [[
/run print("-- PreMacro Script --")
/run print("these lines will not")
/run print("be stepped through.")
]],
'/run print("body macro 1")',
'/run print("body macro 2")',
'/run print("body macro 3")',
 PostMacro = [[
/run print("-- PostMacro Script --")
/run print("these lines will not")
/run print("be stepped through.")
]],
}

[quote quote=24102]Using the StepFunction that is in the example GS script…

StepFunction = [[
	limit = limit or 1
	if step == limit then
		step = 1
	else
	end
]],
```The lines that will be executed per button press are these…

Button
Press Line
1 1
2 1
3 2
4 1
5 2
6 3
7 1
8 2
9 3
10 4
11 1
etc.

1 Barrage
2 Barrage
3 A Murder of Crows
4 Barrage
5 A Murder of Crows
6 Barrage (line 3)
7 Barrage
8 A Murder of Crows
etc.

You can verify my assertion using this script…

Sequences[“TenserExample”] = {
– StepFunction optionally defines how the step is incremented when pressing the button.
– This example increments the step in the following order: 1 12 123 1234 etc. until it reaches the end and starts over
StepFunction = [[
limit = limit or 1
if step == limit then
step = 1
else
end
]],
PreMacro = [[
/run print("-- PreMacro Script --")
/run print(“these lines will not”)
/run print(“be stepped through.”)
]],
‘/run print(“body macro 1”)’,
‘/run print(“body macro 2”)’,
‘/run print(“body macro 3”)’,
PostMacro = [[
/run print("-- PostMacro Script --")
/run print(“these lines will not”)
/run print(“be stepped through.”)
]],
}

Are you asking me what this is with my macro and why I did this macro this way?  Or are you answering someone else?  I am updating the macro today as I only did it once really fast for someone who asked.  So these will be updated today.  Thanks

Beef

[quote quote=23216]Hello all,
These macros have been working for me really well, now using the step function yeah! in Normal, Heroic and Mythic… I am bursting around 100k+ and staying at a consistent 29-33k through the fight.
Updated: 3/12/15 Talents: 1,1,2,1,1,3,2 Major Glyphs: Deterrence, Disengage, Animal Bond Minor Glyphs: Aspect of the Cheetah, Pathfinding, Play Dead Food: Salty Squid Roll Pre Pot: Draenic Agility Potion Flask: Greater Draenic Agility Flask
Single-Target

Sequences['SurvsTT'] = {
StepFunction = [[
	limit = limit or 1
	if step == limit then
		step = 1
	else
	end
]],
PreMacro = [[
]],
	'/cast [nochanneling] A Murder of Crows',
    '/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=5 Explosive Shot, Focusing Shot, Focusing Shot',
	'/cast [nochanneling] !Black Arrow',        
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/petattack
]],
}
```<strong>Multi-Target:</strong>

Sequences[‘SurvAoE’] = {
StepFunction = [[
limit = limit or 1
if step == limit then
step = 1
else
end
]],
PreMacro = [[
]],
‘/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=5 Focusing Shot, Focusing Shot’,
‘/cast [nochanneling] !Black Arrow’,
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/petattack
]],
}

/stopcasting
/cast !Strength of the Pack
/cast !Roar of Courage
/cast !Blessing of Kongs
/cast !Web Spray
/stopcasting

Beef
<div class="d4p-bbt-quote-block"><a href="#23216" rel="nofollow">Quote</a></div>[/quote]

Just wondering do you have an updated version of this like you did for the BM one? Thank You so much in advance.

Beef since you have been back on Lazy Macros your macros have been laced with bad code. I don’t know if you are doing this on purpose and getting a kick out of the comments you are getting, or there is some other reason but it is not by accident you are uploading crap.

Anyway following are my GS Macros that work, I hope others can get some good results from them.

ilvl 665
Talents 1,3,1,1,1,3,2 the first 3 talents can be anything does not effect DPS
Glyphs Animal Bond, Freezing Trap, Liberation, Play Dead, Aspect of Cheetah, Tame Beast

Flask with Greater Draenic Agility Flask
Prepot with Draenic Agility Potion

Use a multistrike pet

Single Target Macro

Sequences[‘SVShots’] = {
StepFunction = [[
limit = limit or 1
if step == limit then
step = 1
else
end
]],
PreMacro = [[
]],
‘/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=5 Explosive Shot, Focusing Shot’,
‘/cast [nochanneling] Arcane Shot’,
‘/castsequence [nochanneling] Explosive Shot, Arcane Shot’,
‘/castsequence [nochanneling] Explosive Shot, Arcane Shot’,
‘/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=5 Focusing Shot, Arcane Shot’,
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/petattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],
}
AOE Macro

Sequences[‘SVAoE’] = {
StepFunction = [[
limit = limit or 1
if step == limit then
step = 1
else
end
]],
PreMacro = [[
]],
‘/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Explosive Shot, Focusing Shot’,
‘/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Focusing Shot’,
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/petattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],
}
Cheers

Spud
best macro on this site

@ Mattymoose
Please be nice to others.
No offense meant btw. :wink:

About the code problem you mention. I copy 7 paste Beefs code to my Notepad++ and everything shows up fine.! i.e. the pre and post commands are red and the part between them is greyed out.
If only one (1) sign of the code is wrong, that line shows up as Black and if i negate it i will get a error message in-game.!

I copied a few lines from you into notepad++ in the sequence.lua file and yours is showing black.!
Why? You use other code, not for everyone is this sign < code > working, some need to change it to < “code” > and others need < [[code]] >. I guess you are one of those people, perhaps it’s related to the country and/or keyboard codes.

So all in all there’s nothing wrong with Beefs’ macro’s, well. perhaps some typoos, like blonk instead of blink. If you know what i mean.

Also in the end it’s just a kind of service the macro posters give us. It’s not their job, they are not payed for it. Some are new to programming and some are veterans and everyone can make mistakes.
So don’t curse etc etc, be polite and give positive useful feedback, so they can check and change the macro they posted.!

test of copy & paste from my np++ into this field:
Without the code formatting option:

With the code formatting option:

'/cast [nochanneling] Multi-Shot',

You see the difference?

ps. Good job Beef.
Going to test this SV macro, already using the BM one.
Only prob I have with that one is the clipping / cut-off of barrage.
Just test it with the macro and than manually (without the macro)

first of all want say THX to all peoples hard work for making mine life easy on this site. How ever have same suggestions about macros people writing. Seams like many jumped on the focusing shot hype is going on which think is total wrong :=) focusing shot when you need to stay still is great on target dummies and such lfr np when you can stay and get the dmg on you. but if you Hc raiding and upp it is almost impossible to do it. Or just try to kite anything whit that rotation (blackhand siege ex ). the whole ide behind hunter mobility is gone.
Ofc if you are an elite raider doing mythic whit awesome guild there all doing the position right maybe you can doit . rest of people 98 % say it is worthless talent. don’t just look blind to the dummies standing still dps numbers im say.
Our guild just started mythic progress but im never in mine mind even consider a talent where i cant move freely :=)

Being new to this addon, it seems that problems develop when people share their macros outside of {code}{/code}. There is a little white button for it and everything.

From the first page [Roy] replied that ‘Spuds’ original text from the {code} window works great for them. Thus I think whatever problem [Vondreth] has is from whatever syntax errors, introduced from copying code outside of the {code} window.

MattyMoose did not use the right syntax when they “quoted” Spud from the first page. Their ‘comments’ are one or two lines at the end. The rest is word for word from Spud, instead of MattyMoose

As for the whole drama, again I am new and thus ignorant of what is what. However, I agree that it is bad form to negatively criticizes another’s post. That ‘replies’ from other members are constantly offering ‘fixes’ for whatever is wrong with previous codes, think that is awesome do I.

'/castsequence [@focus,exists][@pet,exists] reset=30 Misdirection',

A question I have is this for Spud’s build. How would I go about redirecting the code [@pet,exists] to point to the [Main Tank] instead?

[quote quote=24264]Beef since you have been back on Lazy Macros your macros have been laced with bad code. I don’t know if you are doing this on purpose and getting a kick out of the comments you are getting, or there is some other reason but it is not by accident you are uploading crap.
ilvl 665 Talents 1,3,1,1,1,3,2 the first 3 talents can be anything does not effect DPS Glyphs Animal Bond, Freezing Trap, Liberation, Play Dead, Aspect of Cheetah, Tame Beast
Flask with Greater Draenic Agility Flask Prepot with Draenic Agility Potion
Use a multistrike pet
Single Target Macro
Sequences[‘SVShots’] = { StepFunction = [[ limit = limit or 1 if step == limit then limit = limit % #macros + 1 step = 1 else step = step % #macros + 1 end ]], PreMacro = [[ /cast [nopet,nodead]Call Pet 1;[@pet,dead]Revive Pet /targetenemy [noharm][dead] /console Sound_EnableSFX 0 ]], ‘/use [combat] Mecha-Blast Rocket’, ‘/castsequence [@focus,exists][@pet,exists] reset=30 Misdirection’, ‘/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=20 Barrage’, ‘/cast [nochanneling] A Murder of Crows’, ‘/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=20 Barrage’, ‘/cast [nochanneling] Black Arrow’, ‘/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=5 Explosive Shot, Focusing Shot’, ‘/cast [nochanneling] Arcane Shot’, ‘/castsequence [nochanneling] Explosive Shot, Arcane Shot’, ‘/cast [nochanneling] Black Arrow’, ‘/castsequence [nochanneling] Explosive Shot, Arcane Shot’, ‘/cast [nochanneling] Black Arrow’, ‘/cast [nochanneling] Explosive Shot’, ‘/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=5 Focusing Shot, Arcane Shot’, PostMacro = [[ /startattack /petattack /use [combat]13 /use [combat]14 /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear() /console Sound_EnableSFX 1 ]], } AOE Macro
Sequences[‘SVAoE’] = { StepFunction = [[ limit = limit or 1 if step == limit then limit = limit % #macros + 1 step = 1 else step = step % #macros + 1 end ]], PreMacro = [[ /cast [nopet,nodead]Call Pet 1;[@pet,dead]Revive Pet /targetenemy [noharm][dead] /console Sound_EnableSFX 0 ]], ‘/use [combat] Mecha-Blast Rocket’, ‘/castsequence [@focus,exists][@pet,exists] reset=30 Misdirection’, ‘/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=20 Barrage’, ‘/cast [nochanneling] Black Arrow’, ‘/cast [nochanneling] Multi-Shot’, ‘/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Explosive Shot, Focusing Shot’, ‘/cast [nochanneling] Explosive Shot’, ‘/cast [nochanneling] Explosive Shot’, ‘/cast [nochanneling] Explosive Shot’, ‘/cast [nochanneling] A Murder of Crows’, ‘/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Focusing Shot’, ‘/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=20 Barrage’, ‘/cast [nochanneling] Multi-Shot’, PostMacro = [[ /startattack /petattack /use [combat]13 /use [combat]14 /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear() /console Sound_EnableSFX 1 ]], } Cheers
Spud best macro on this site
[/quote]

Since I have been back on this site I have done nothing but do the best that I can and write what is working for me as the best possible dos solution with the rotation and spec that I am posting in. I do not appreciate the fact that you think I have been posting “Bad Code” since I have been back I have been doing the exact opposite and posting the best I can for those especially the ones who have private messaged me with disabilities and only have the use of one hand. I also don’t appreciate that I work my ass off trying to help as many classes and specs as I can in my free time, I don’t do anything negative to get a kick out of it. I am sorry that the code is not working for you and in many situations, when you copy and paste it in from different programs ’ " can change especially if it is at the end of a spell (it’s) sometimes you have to go back in and make sure those spells with that are the regular hyphen. Anyway these are going to be reposted as I love this in Ashran on my horde hunter. Thanks again to all those who have positive things to say.

Regards,
Beef

code not working

love the macro, i pull 20k dps on dummy as a brand new hunter. my quetion is I run out of focus super fast and it doesnt really regen fast enough to im jsut autoshooting a lot. would it be feasible to insert cobra shot in there or should it be on a separate button?