Breath Of Sindragosa or BoS Build as a Lazy Macro (Not at this time)

People Keep Asking do I have a viable BoS Macro? The answer after much experimentation ……NO……
There are a lot of conditions to pull off a decent Rotation…… to the point where putting one in as a Lazy Macro seems to me to be practically defeating the macros…. I have mentioned micro management and such………
There are ALOT of posts about it… how awesome it is……how not so awesome it is…… so I point you to the Forums with a few Cuts and Pastes from a quick….how to……so in my opinion if you are using a lazy macro then using BoS at this time WILL be a NO………………….

The below is taken directly from the Forum

1.) As long as your timing on “Hungering Rune Weapon” is used with knowledge of the boss fight you will do more single target and or more cleave depending on what you need to do. (2 examples is the Scorpion Fight you can easily cleave adds and boss at the same time if you use proper positioning thus the best of both worlds. Also during the arcane add phase on Spell Blade Aluriel needs heavy cleave aoe dps to get them down fast also a good use of breath rather than single target.)

2.) Stat weights Strength>crit(28-30%)>Mastery(38-40%)>haste(15-18%)=Vers
Explanation
As a Breath Frost DK your highest secondary stat and what is going to pump your dps is Crit hands down. On live I have 31% crit 39% Mastery and 17% haste in ilvl 870 gear I am holding steady at 375k Plus during boss fights and 400k+ sitting on a target dummy for 5 mins. Higher gear and better trinks=way more dmg.

Why Crit?
the more dmg your breath does the more overall dmg you will do also help your remorseless winter deal more dmg as it should have at least a 60% up time if not your probably doing something incorrectly.

Mastery>Haste
This comes down to the talents if you are running Frozen Pulse (as you should prolonged breath spec is trash imo) Frozen pulse will do about 15-20% more damage than your frost strike during a fight. That is freaking huge!!! Also remorseless winter is your third highest damaging ability if you talented Gathering storm (also an absolute must to make this build work) the more mastery you have the more dmg your remorseless winter will do and considering it should have at least 60% up time thats a ton of dmg you are going to gain.

Why is haste the next to lowest stat?
Because we take “Murderous Efficiency” our rune regeneration rate makes up for itself we really dont need all that much haste because of our high frost dmg and crit. anything above 15% and you will have all the regen you need to maintain high dps single target and cleave!

3.Looking into the next 6 months
This Spec is highly gear dependent but in Mythic+ raids and dungeons will do better dmg than the consistency spec by far. once you get enough legendaries to properly manage the spec and have all of your stat weights done this spec will overall be the best spec for frost producing the most single target damage as well as aoe dmg. Though in order to do so you will need to use the legendary helm and the legendary ring to obtain the best numbers.

1. Not recommended for players who cant manage their runes or runic power
    You have to be able to constantly keep tabs on your resources for this spec to work if you frost strike during your breath at the wrong moment your breath will be canceled and goodbye dps. at point you will want to hold obliterates if remorseless winter is coming off of cooldown and RP dump to get max amount of runes will in down time to sink into remorseless winter while it is up to maximize your dmg.

Talents

Awww and I was just going to post a BoS macro :stuck_out_tongue:
But yeah Emnity is right given the nature of the rotation one is possible… Kinda but given the limitations of the macros system it will be virtually impossible to pull one off that decent let alone in a single button believe me I/we are trying. like is mentioned I do have one but its a little rough around the edges.

As a Breath Frost DK your highest secondary stat and what is going to pump your dps is Crit hands down. On live I have 31% crit 39% Mastery and 17% haste in ilvl 870 gear I am holding steady at 375k Plus during boss fights and 400k+ sitting on a target dummy for 5 mins. Higher gear and better trinks=way more dmg.

this I call irrelevant though I’m 873 with 22 crit 23 haste 21 mastery using my oblit I burts 800k plus then settle to over 400 on H-ursoc, nighthold is higher for me on average due to the cleave damage from pulse and RW.
its all apples and oranges

LoL I saw… its very similar to what I was attempting… the problem is… there are a lot of things to watch… and definitely certain legendary’s needed to make the build work add to that tier pieces to make it more viable… its not I have found a simple just press and watch the wheel turn… you literally have to time and manage the BoS… which in most cases a regular Lazy Macro wont work… at one point I found basically you were just wasting the first cast… but for some reason the second cast would last and last… I have had it last for almost a minute… I watched a ton of video how to’s on you tube… until something changes I think I will still work with the Oblit or the modified machine gun build… my tanaris Enmity has the bracers and the ring… my thrall Enmity has the legs and the ring… but I raid with the thrall DK… lol

Enmity, you said that your “Tanaris DK has the bracers and the ring” but that your Raiding DK does not suggesting that you would run a different build/macro if it did?? I have the Bracers and the ring on my Raiding DK and I am trying to figure out which build/macro to run with and consequently stat weights and Runes. Any advice?

[quote quote=43893]<p abp=“338”>Enmity, you said that your “Tanaris DK has the bracers and the ring” but that your Raiding DK does not suggesting that you would run a different build/macro if it did?? I have the Bracers and the ring on my Raiding DK and I am trying to figure out which build/macro to run with and consequently stat weights and Runes. Any advice?
[/quote]

I would still run my latest Enmity Macro… um… stat wise 25% Crit, 20% Haste, as much mastery as I can get and finally the 6% versitality… I have tried and tried to make a working single one button lazy Macro of a BoS build.

When I post a macro… it literally is the macro I am using at the time… and when a nerf or patch hits and I notice my dps is dropping below a similarly geared dk… I start tweaking adjusting for what nightmare bliz has created to be competitive… Over all whether you use John Mets or My Macro really doesn’t effect DpS that much… it boils down to Gear… Builds Hence my multi Talent Macro and Mechanics of the Boss… latency… its pretty much the same rotations just a different amount of Oblits or other casts in the beginning and ending of the macros… if you have too many oblits vs Frost strikes or to many howling blasts… seriously can tank your DpS… so its a constant experiment finding the right amount of casts along with the key press to be able to make the macros work… without having to monitor a ton of information…

I mean CMON’ This is supposed to be a game and fun… I don’t need all this crap to monitor my Runes… Frost Fever…Icy Talons… man im playing a game not flying a jet…

for me the reason being… I have cut tendons in my hands though surgery and such repaired the damage back in the early 80’s over the years my hands are now stiff and I no longer have the hand eye coordination needed to run a example two button macro… one using a keypress mouse/keyboard/game pad and one you could click madly. that is just me… personally I don’t like Alt key or Ctrl Key macros… I like the simple click… click your minor other keys needed like Anti Magic Shell… Empower Rune Weapon… Interupts… those type of situations are not so bad… so I design my macro ideas behind a one press with minor micromanagement as possible… Now a lot of my macros have Empower Rune Weapon… Anti Magic Shield and other possibly talents you could with a working knowledge of your DK manage on your own… BUT… there are a ton of people my wife who just want to play… does no research on when to press this when that happens… these macros are designed with that play style in mind… they want to able to kick out decent dps with just monitoring simple things like interrupts… movement mechanics and such… these people could care less on rime procs icy talons or other things a Pro watches for and reacts to… and honestly hell half the time I don’t pay attention to these things either…
the macros are designed for people to be able to play a toon they may have never tried before and get some form of enjoyment from it…

Anyways my apologies for rambling… just use the stats I posted the macros John Mets or I have provided and have fun…

[quote quote=43902]

<p abp=”338″>Enmity, you said that your “Tanaris DK has the bracers and the ring” but that your Raiding DK does not suggesting that you would run a different build/macro if it did?? I have the Bracers and the ring on my Raiding DK and I am trying to figure out which build/macro to run with and consequently stat weights and Runes. Any advice?

I would still run my latest Enmity Macro….. um…. stat wise 25% Crit, 20% Haste, as much mastery as I can get and finally the 6% versitality….. I have tried and tried to make a working single one button lazy Macro of a BoS build. When I post a macro… it literally is the macro I am using at the time… and when a nerf or patch hits and I notice my dps is dropping below a similarly geared dk… I start tweaking adjusting for what nightmare bliz has created to be competitive….. Over all whether you use John Mets or My Macro really doesn’t effect DpS that much… it boils down to Gear… Builds *Hence my multi Talent Macro* and Mechanics of the Boss…. latency… its pretty much the same rotations just a different amount of Oblits or other casts in the beginning and ending of the macros… if you have too many oblits vs Frost strikes or to many howling blasts… seriously can tank your DpS… so its a constant experiment finding the right amount of casts along with the key press to be able to make the macros work… without having to monitor a ton of information… I mean CMON’ This is supposed to be a game and fun… I don’t need all this crap to monitor my Runes… Frost Fever…Icy Talons…. man im playing a game not flying a jet…………… for me the reason being… I have cut tendons in my hands though surgery and such repaired the damage back in the early 80’s over the years my hands are now stiff and I no longer have the hand eye coordination needed to run a *example* two button macro… one using a keypress mouse/keyboard/game pad and one you could click madly. that is just me… personally I don’t like Alt key or Ctrl Key macros…. I like the simple click… click your minor other keys needed like Anti Magic Shell… Empower Rune Weapon… Interupts… those type of situations are not so bad… so I design my macro ideas behind a one press with minor micromanagement as possible…. Now a lot of my macros have Empower Rune Weapon… Anti Magic Shield and other possibly talents you could with a working knowledge of your DK manage on your own…. BUT….. there are a ton of people *my wife* who just want to play…. does no research on when to press this when that happens….. these macros are designed with that play style in mind….. they want to able to kick out decent dps with just monitoring simple things like interrupts….. movement mechanics and such…… these people could care less on rime procs icy talons or other things a Pro watches for and reacts to….. and honestly hell half the time I don’t pay attention to these things either…. the macros are designed for people to be able to play a toon they may have never tried before and get some form of enjoyment from it…… Anyways my apologies for rambling…. just use the stats I posted the macros John Mets or I have provided and have fun….. [/quote]

Enmity, apologies I probably should have included some background. I’ve been using your Enmity macros for a couple of months now and freaking love them! When I started using them in EN my ilvl was somewhere around 865 and I was smashing the meters. There are 3 other DK’s that raid with us, 2 of them severely outgear me and the other does not, yet with your macros I consitantly beat them by quite alot. I was running the Frostschythe build (2,2,3,2,1,1,1) and as of a couple of weeks ago I was way in front, but I noticed last week the other DK’s catching me and my overall damage falling off a bit. I got the bracers Monday and coincidentally you updated your post with the new HB build (3,1,1,2,2,3,1) and decided to make the change. I was pretty excited going into Raid thinking with the new Bracers and the new macro the dominance would continue (due to schedule and things I had to roll into raid night untested which I normally would never do) well I fell flat on my face for the Scorpyron fight barley making the bottom of the list. I quickly went back to the old build with the EnmityI all in one macro and managed to salvage the next few fights, but it bothered me, so I went back to it and after playing with some timings and things I got it rolling ok. It felt odd though, like sometimes the damage would go crazy and be near the top of the meters while other times near the bottom. I know a lot of this is CD/RNG/Crit proc ect. but it just felt odd. and overall feels like DK’s got a nerf bat this week?? I don;t really know how to explain it, it just felt different. At any rate I thought maybe due to the legendary setup I may have been attempting the wrong playstyle. I need to play with stats and things, also I had very nice + Frostscythe damage runes in all 3 weapon slots, now I assume I will want to exchange those for +HB Damage runes??

No worries about the ramble, as you can see I am quite capable of rambling myself. As for the reasons for using GSE I totally understand. I have Tremors in my hands and arms and makes flawlessly executing a rotation nearly impossible for me anylonger, so GSE is a Godsend for me.

I’ve been meaning to hit you up to pick your brain a bit to see if I can get a decent Feral Druid Macro running but that’s for another time/discussion. Thanks for the tips

@ Darkonius

ok… after reading up on Feral it appears to be a rather complicated set of rules and buffs/debuffs that need a lot of monitoring… very much like a BoS=Breath of Sindragosa build… as stated by Spitz one of the contributers… the best one could hope for as a Feral druid would be middle of the road dps…with a simple one button macro… which put me looking towards the talents that are passive would be my first selection then design a rotation around the passive abilities… then again timing casts towards keeping bleed as active as possible… so with that in mind my first cast would be like Pillar of Frost and such… and considering my wife and a good buddy of mine who has been complaining about Feral as a active Raid possibility…
now you have my curiosity going… I may have to take the wifes druid for a spin this weekend and really look at the build… its a bit much to take in at 5AM… and that will give me time to sit the wife down and explain the mechanics behind Feral or just DroodZ in general to me… because I have only played two toons a paladin to get my dk active and after that nothing but dks since I was introduced to the game just as Cata dropped Cata Baby I don’t know Jack about Vanilla… before that I played Everquest as a Bard…for way to many years…

@Enmity

Wow, thanks for looking into this. I’d be happy to sit down with you via Discord or whatever and or test things for you/ I knew going in that Ferals are difficult, there are a great number of ever changing dynamics to their mechanics. My weekdays are pretty loaded up, my Daytime job is as a civil engineer, and I run with a Mythic raid group Wed/Thurs/Sun and a casual reg guild on Tues. I spend the weekends plying Artifact Power catch up lol. but I’d love to talk some things through with you.

Thanks,
Dark