Forums Forums Classes Priests Holy 8.0.x HPriest 101

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Stone Guard
    (Contributor)

***Updated 09/27/18***

Added Prayer of Healing at the end of the Heal casts for greater AoE healing; should burn mana a little quicker and slow down the Holy Word: Salvation reset, but neither should be a huge deal. Let me know if you like this change better.

***Updated 08/31/18***

Very forgiving macro on mana and efficiency; updated talents to Circle of Healing instead of Binding Heal.

***End of Updates***

So simple that even a Marine could use it.

Been rolling through dungeons with this macro; other than the occasional knucklehead who insists in standing in exploding poop, I never lose anyone.

*Toggle your spam key (or hold it down if you prefer) over your (friendly) target frame and get busy. You don’t need to click it; just hovering over it will still work fine.
    *Mod + ALT = Holy Word Salvation
    *Mod + Shift = Divine Hymn
    *Auto casts Holy Words Serenity & Sanctify (@ the cursor); I have a non-clickable icon to let me know know when to hover over my target area when Sanctify is about to pop.
    *Gets the Holy Word: Salvation CD down to around 3:40-4:00 mins, which makes it ideal in dungeons/raids.
    *You’ll never need to eat/drink/Innervate (unlike all my other macros).
    *No Renew (other than Holy Word: Salvation); its garbage and not worth a GCD.
    *Haven’t played it in PVP; hopefully, someone will be kind enough to let me know how it works out…

deKldaGkKuEfssZIi(LQyyQshJOwMe9mvQPHcxtfSnu03KqJJkCoKOSoKQ7HQk)djKbkqhKkYcvHEisIMOk5IirSrKaFejuJufDsb0krvvVejvZejs3KqTtcgksXsrk9uPMQqTvKeglsu9wuYDrP2RYGbDyelwcESitMqUmLntf1NrvgTK60qETamBu52uPDt63u1WjshhvLLRQEUOMouxxiBxqJhjOZlj7h4jV4jiVUPeADIMZaP8juU41XeotX51Y3Yu0D596lZzsehEcYRpnoPRPMyViaKQaOtuAmaYpaKIJiFriIcGTu0hHb8NAI9IaqQcGDnYzmaYpa8cfIudapRC11ofHR9)1n5tKwJOWGInrOW61IjPVNkSFg518ING8ING86NejJbqwQpvtu14qkp6xOqKAa4zLRYgaLLFlYGXekx)KizmaYs9PAIQghs5r)cfIudapRCvjbD9rzZhAF2ay57H3jCV(jrYyaKL6t1evnoKYJ(fkePgaEw5QsckLJuzF2a4ndhmLNaJ1pjsgdGSuFQMOQXHuE0VqHi1aWZkxvsqPCKk7ZgalFz4WX9eoS(jrYyaKL6t1evnoKYJ(fkePgaEw5Qsc66JYMp0(SbW773ImNaZ1pjsgNn(Imnzail1NQjQACiLh9luisna8SYvLe01hLnFO9zdGLVmFLaGLVmFLaGhOmMRPsVBbcEhxFAerRWAblfWkS(OXHxH10IuEYRW64psdWWY74AArkVYvyn1TkAnoJKTfpb51pjsgdGhCWC41n2KsbrAcJ86624lYumIWTo(J0amC5oUM6wfnFlNx8eKx)KizC24lY0KbGSC9IOt4WSbqgfl6WXekx)KizC24lY0KbGSC9IONRroJzdGmz4GX9WRP5BIjPVFXdVMgFglMK((fp8WdVULAPaVMq5HIRft0icxGk2(HMIrEDhhE4na

steristumpie
    Grunt

This macro is surprisingly good for its simplicity … Ive been healing mythics with it with hardly anyone dying. (Needless to say, if theres lots of movement, theres nothing I can do but spam renew, but thats nothing on the macro).
    Only change I’ve made was cast Sanctify @player because dungeon fights seem to be cramped enough for that to work.
    GJ though. Really enjoying this one.

John Q.
    Stone Guard
    (Contributor)

Glad you like the macro! Coincidentally, I did the same thing as you, but have not released the newer version yet. Doing what you did works in PVE for the AoE spam; doing it in PVP is a life-saver. 😉

Cheers

Elzo van Vulpen
    Sergeant

this is the kind of macro I was looking for to test my holy priest (actually never played one) and I LOVE it just manually spamming the macro. with healbot as unitframes, got renew bound targeted so I can keep the dps’s full hp all the time 😉

also note: im binding shift and alt to separate keys because I cant press and click a modifier

all in all a really good macro

**edit**

I tried it for 10 dungeon runs and moved the macro from [character specific] to [general macro] so I can bind it to a mouse click and have to say that works even better! its now:

Left button: macro
    right button: renew

Matthew Brewer
    First Sergeant

Aside from Holy Ward, which PvP talents do you suggest?

John Q.
    Stone Guard
    (Contributor)

Thanks for the comments everyone; am glad to hear that you are enjoying using the macro.

@matthew Brewer I don’t PVP with this macro; I am using the other one that I posted. Having said that, I recommend that you at least take Greater Heal (obviously) and Holy Concentration (you’ll need it; your longer casts get kicked a lot).

Elzo van Vulpen
    Sergeant

I made some minor adjustments to the macro and wanted to share it with you all.

removed line 1 and 2
    /cast [nochanneling:Divine Hymn,@mouseover] Holy Word: Serenity

placed this on a separate key so you can time it better without to much overhealing

new key is a normal macro

added to line 3 in the macro
    /cast [@targettarget,harm,nochanneling:Divine Hymn][@target,harm,nochanneling:Divine Hymn] Holy Word: Chastise
    really just for fun 😉

still getting really good feedbacks on the heals so the macro really works great

John Q.
    Stone Guard
    (Contributor)

Each time HW: Sanctify and Serenity pops = 60 secs removed from the 12 minute HW: Salvation timer. Without Sanctify & Serenity, taking HW: Salvation as a talent would be useless; it takes too long to reset.

With a near-unlimited resource (mana) with this macro, over-healing is a non-issue: if the boss is dead, everyone is still alive, and you have plenty of mana remaining, then….no one got over-healed.

But I can imagine that having to wait 6+ minutes on an ability that has a 12 minute CD before pull on the final boss would be awkward. Besides….you’ll thank God that you have Serenity and Sanctify in PVP. 😉

Not sure about why you would mention HW: Chastise; its a damage/stun spell and isnt even in the macro. If you wanted a DPS macro for HPriests, here’s mine:

dCJDcaWsPQERuHTjvQzsIYSvWnvf)sH(MuGDkXEHDtQ9RQ8tPi(TKgOuidLKgSQ0WPsoOuqhJQoNuQwOaTuuPfRKLJYdLk6Pildv9CrnrsKPkYKfW0joTqxMYZOcxNkAJsj2QujBwksBxkPdRYTPsnnLIhROrQu6ZQQgTuLXtIQtkLYzLc11uQoVGEnQyCKWDLIA4rcfpOTnrznwjvcfEKaLUbtlzqoC4D49Eqkzn9CoiO4brUSzBkHc)EdaP2Lkk8GEUjR2LXYXQoJekEKqXdACEz57vHIU53rHh048YY3RFt7(nO4a048YY37UIDqjwuZXepwG2AxaSavSjhSaf0geSaXnQ)9ybQVfY1gSlBibbuFluLz5msO4bnkh73etBUd)E7qx7Dm3n3ra7c0meqCJ6FESaLyrnht4XcuNv3RtqqqKyUAXPEkXQgKklwzrjeKkZEUjRIeeqQ1S8CtwfjiqqHhju8GgNxw(EvOOB(Du4bnoVS89630UFdkoanoVS89URyhKAnlp3KvrccOT2falqfBYblqbTbblqCJ6FpwGsSOMJjESaLyrnht4XcuFlKRnyx2qccO(wOkZYzKqXdAuo2VjM2Ch6A4cngeqKyUAXPEkXQgKklwzrjeuNv3RtqqqQm75MSksqaXnQ)5Xcceqn0P0RYarh7C1lQ8g9ybIT2d0ZPDEdTPfJ1QPLyvJGqGaaa

jack
    Grunt

Love your macros John.

Using this for m+ and it’s doing exceptionally well.

Really wish you’d make a monk one since monk is so strong right now.

Keep rockin’

Jitty Six
    Grunt

its now:
    Left button: macro right button: renew

Do you mean left and right mouse button? Sounds top. How do I do this?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.