Forums Forums Classes Hunters Beast Mastery PvE Macro/Talents for 7.2 with Mantle of Command

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 131 total)
  • Author
    First Sergeant
    #46913 |

UPDATE: This macro works extremely well whether you have the legendary shoulders or not. I have tested extensively with a couple of lesser geared Hunter alts and have seen a marked DPS increase all around. My guild laughs at the fact that I have 2 Hunter alts as well as a hunter main, but I have my reasons :).

UPDATE 10: I moved a couple things around which made the rotation smoother.

UPDATE 7: Current spec is 2212112. Blink Strikes and Bestial Fury seem very close when raiding, so I think you could go with either and be fine.

UPDATE 8: I added: /cast [@pet,dead] Revive Pet to provide a pet rez when HOTP is down.

UPDATE 9: I added a [nomod:shift] conditional to Dire Beast to allow for situations where you might want to block Dire Frenzy. Used when full focus, manage haste stacks, etc. You don’t have to use it, if you do nothing, it has no impact on the macro, just added as an option.

Update 4: I am using WOTC instead of Dire Stable. What seem clear is that Dire Stable is necessary (IMHO) to prevent Focus starvation without the shoulders and the belt. I suggest trying WOTC first and if you get focus starved switch to Dire Stable.

Update 5: I removed out duplicate lines of Dire Beast. While adding those extra lines does improve the efficienty of casting Dire Beast, I find that losing that efficiency actually helps increase the multiple stack haste buff on the pet during the fight resulting in higher DPS overall.

Update 6: You may notice I changed/removed Updates 2-3. I changed the information contained as I have performed additional testing.

I just got the legendary shoulders tonight and did some quick playing around with talents and my macro. Came up with the following which has resulted in a huge DPS increase for me.

Talents: 2212112

NOTE: WOTC works great with Mantle of Command, but I found I ran into focus starvation issues without it.

• This topic was modified 4 months ago by Profile photo of Gween Gween. Reason: Updated Macro
    • This topic was modified 4 months ago by Profile photo of Gween Gween. Reason: Updated Macro
    • This topic was modified 4 months ago by Profile photo of Gween Gween. Reason: Additional text explanations
    • This topic was modified 4 months ago by Profile photo of Gween Gween.
    • This topic was modified 4 months ago by Profile photo of Gween Gween. Reason: Removed out duplicates of Dire Beast casts in an effort to prolong haste buff
    • This topic was modified 4 months ago by Profile photo of Gween Gween. Reason: Updated Talents
    • This topic was modified 3 months ago by Profile photo of Gween Gween. Reason: Updated Macro
    Hrdlywrkng
    Grunt

Sweet. Thanks for the macro. Gonna test this out. What auto keypress speed is recommended?

Profile photo of GweenGween
    First Sergeant

I am using 100ms and that seems to work great for me.

Hrdlywrkng
    Grunt

Thanks for the reply! Was just gonna ask you about the kill command not firing, but you already updated the macro ^^ Thanks!

First Sergeant

Was just gonna ask you about the kill command not firing

Yeah, I made what I thought was a cosmetic change and it broke KC, so I fixed it. I have done some testing using this macro without the legendary shoulders on my 865 Hunter alt and it still works very nicely.

This is an all-in-one macro. For single target just spam the macro and if you want to AOE just press and hold down CTRL.

I did over 900k on Mythic Krosus tonight and was only beat by our raid’s warrior who is better geared than I am. I would say that with the addition of the shoulders and this new macro I gained abotu 150-200k dps. Crazy how good those shoulders are. I also have the Belt, so I am styling all around.

First Sergeant

If anyone is wondering why I have 2 lines for Dire Beast and 2 lines for the Kill Command Cobra Shot rotation it is because for whatever reason, it tends to skip over these lines frequently unless I double them up.

I also removed the conditionals from the cooldowns:

“/cast [combat] Bestial Wrath”,
    “/cast [combat] Blood Fury”,
    “/cast [combat] Titan’s Thunder”,
    “/cast [combat] Aspect of the Wild”,

I used to impose conditional such that these abilities could be blocked by holding CTRL or SHIFT to better line them up (especially Titan’s Fury) with Dire Beast, but since I am now using Dire Frenzy (and loving it) it is no longer necessary.

Using Dire Beast, Titan’s Fury would buff the current existing pets, but using Dire Frenzy, it buffs the next use of Dire Frenzy. I kind of wish there was a buff icon so I can see how long this lasts because it isn’t clear.

I plan to play around testing the viability of WOTC to see how often I get focus starved, but on Krosus, my dps stabilized about 100k less than then using Dire Stable. But since I was messing with it during the raid, I didn’t test it as thoroughly as I intend to.

Hrdlywrkng
    Grunt

Good to know! Yea, was wondering why you were doubling up the commands. I still have it as one each but will try doubling tonight.

Two questions :

1. Is the damage difference between frenzy and stomp negligible? Or is frenzy better now? This of course is with the shoulders but I figured, even with the 7.2 changes, since frenzy caps at 3 stacks that stomp would still be the go to, but I guess it isn’t anymore?

2. If I were to make an aoe version of this, would it be just a matter of replacing cobra with multi in the castsequence? I know there is the modifier, but i kind of use all three modifiers for other things. Not to mention, i personally find it easier to have a separate multi macro especially for extended aoe fights.

Thanks!

First Sergeant
    Deezyl Level 110 Goblin Hunter

Recent Activity

1. Is the damage difference between frenzy and stomp negligible? Or is frenzy better now? This of course is with the shoulders but I figured, even with the 7.2 changes, since frenzy caps at 3 stacks that stomp would still be the go to, but I guess it isn’t anymore?

“With the new traits in 7.2, Dire Frenzy pulls ahead of Stomp in all situations in simulations, with the attack speed increase to your pet acting as a significant buff to Beast Cleave, and also the new Thunderslash trait which scales with pet attack speed. So with Dire Frenzy being the best choice for single-target and multi-target situations, the only remaining use case for Stomp is when you are dealing with massive, bursty AoE where you cannot use Dire Frenzy to adequately build up an advantage in a very short period of time. In Nighthold, super-fast AoE like this is pretty rare, and single-target is considered more important for most encounters. Therefore, the default choice is Dire Frenzy for all situations.”
    -Azortharion

But it’d much easier to get the exact DPS numbers by just using SimCraft for each talent on your character.

First Sergeant

1. Is the damage difference between frenzy and stomp negligible? Or is frenzy better now?

To be perfectly honest, I didn’t extensively test the difference between Stomp and Dire Frenzy specifically. I plan to do so, but for now I am conditionally ‘trusting’ the guide on Icy Veins. I have made several changes, and this is one that I didn’t test in detail.

In the same way, I also didn’t test difference between ‘One with the Pack’ and ‘Bestial Fury’ and ‘Blink Strikes’. Also, one that I mentioned, WOTC vs Dire Stable needs to be tested more.

I plan to do this testing and report back my findings. As a whole though, my damage has increased, both with and without the Mantle of Command.

First Sergeant

2. If I were to make an aoe version of this, would it be just a matter of replacing cobra with multi in the castsequence?

AOE Version of the macro for you. A couple of notes on why I think this is better than simply switching CObra Shot with Multi-Shot from the main macro:

1 – Kill Command and AMOC consume large pools of focus. This takes away from the available Focus to cast more Multi-Shots.

2 – I insert multiple Dire Beast casts in an effort to ensure Dire Beast is cast as quickly as possible when off cooldown. I find that just using one line will sometimes cause Dire Beast to be skipped often in favor of Multi-Shot. Your mileage may vary, so feel free to remove some of the Dire Beast lines if you want.

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by Profile photo of Gween Gween.
    • This reply was modified 4 months ago by Profile photo of Gween Gween. Reason: Updated Macro to remove excess Dire Beast/Dire Frenzy lines
    • This reply was modified 4 months ago by Profile photo of Gween Gween. Reason: Updated Macro to include Pet Revive
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 131 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.