Macro/Talents for 7.2 with Mantle of Command

UPDATE: This macro works extremely well whether you have the legendary shoulders or not. I have tested extensively with a couple of lesser geared Hunter alts and have seen a marked DPS increase all around. My guild laughs at the fact that I have 2 Hunter alts as well as a hunter main, but I have my reasons :).

UPDATE 10: I moved a couple things around which made the rotation smoother.

UPDATE 7: Current spec is 2212112. Blink Strikes and Bestial Fury seem very close when raiding, so I think you could go with either and be fine.

UPDATE 8: I added: /cast [@pet,dead] Revive Pet to provide a pet rez when HOTP is down.

UPDATE 9: I added a [nomod:shift] conditional to Dire Beast to allow for situations where you might want to block Dire Frenzy. Used when full focus, manage haste stacks, etc. You don’t have to use it, if you do nothing, it has no impact on the macro, just added as an option.

Update 4: I am using WOTC instead of Dire Stable. What seem clear is that Dire Stable is necessary (IMHO) to prevent Focus starvation without the shoulders and the belt. I suggest trying WOTC first and if you get focus starved switch to Dire Stable.

Update 5: I removed out duplicate lines of Dire Beast. While adding those extra lines does improve the efficienty of casting Dire Beast, I find that losing that efficiency actually helps increase the multiple stack haste buff on the pet during the fight resulting in higher DPS overall.

Update 6: You may notice I changed/removed Updates 2-3. I changed the information contained as I have performed additional testing.

I just got the legendary shoulders tonight and did some quick playing around with talents and my macro. Came up with the following which has resulted in a huge DPS increase for me.

Talents: 2212112

NOTE: WOTC works great with Mantle of Command, but I found I ran into focus starvation issues without it.

Sequences['GweenBeast'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.1.00.
  Author="Gweenn@Bleeding Hollow",
  SpecID=253,
  Talents = "2212112",
  Default=2,
  Raid=1,
  PVP=2,
  Dungeon=1,
  Heroic=1,
  Mythic=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = "Priority",
      KeyPress={
        "/targetenemy [noharm][dead]",
        "/cast [nopet,nodead] Call Pet 1; [@pet,dead] Heart of the Phoenix",
        "/cast [@pet,dead] Revive Pet",
        "/cast [combat,pet:Spirit Beast,@player] Spirit Mend",
        "/cast [target=focus, exists, nodead],[target=pet, exists, nodead] Misdirection",
        "/cast [combat] Bestial Wrath",
        "/cast [combat] Blood Fury",
        "/cast [combat] Titan's Thunder",
        "/cast [combat] Aspect of the Wild",
        "/cast [mod:alt] Exhilaration",
        "/cast [mod:shift] Counter Shot",
        "/cast Intimidation",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/castsequence [nomod:ctrl] Kill Command, Cobra Shot",
        "/cast [nomod:shift] Dire Beast",
        "/cast [mod:ctrl] Multi-Shot; A Murder of Crows",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
    [2] = {
     Combat=true,
      KeyPress={
        "/cast [target=focus, exists, nodead],[target=pet, exists, nodead] Misdirection",
        "/cast Intimidation",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/castsequence [nomod:ctrl] Kill Command, Cobra Shot",
        "/cast [nomod:shift] Dire Beast",
        "/cast [mod:ctrl] Multi-Shot; A Murder of Crows",
        "/cast Revive Pet",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

Sweet. Thanks for the macro. Gonna test this out. What auto keypress speed is recommended?

I am using 100ms and that seems to work great for me.

Thanks for the reply! Was just gonna ask you about the kill command not firing, but you already updated the macro ^^ Thanks!

Yeah, I made what I thought was a cosmetic change and it broke KC, so I fixed it. I have done some testing using this macro without the legendary shoulders on my 865 Hunter alt and it still works very nicely.

This is an all-in-one macro. For single target just spam the macro and if you want to AOE just press and hold down CTRL.

I did over 900k on Mythic Krosus tonight and was only beat by our raid’s warrior who is better geared than I am. I would say that with the addition of the shoulders and this new macro I gained abotu 150-200k dps. Crazy how good those shoulders are. I also have the Belt, so I am styling all around.

If anyone is wondering why I have 2 lines for Dire Beast and 2 lines for the Kill Command Cobra Shot rotation it is because for whatever reason, it tends to skip over these lines frequently unless I double them up.

I also removed the conditionals from the cooldowns:

I used to impose conditional such that these abilities could be blocked by holding CTRL or SHIFT to better line them up (especially Titan’s Fury) with Dire Beast, but since I am now using Dire Frenzy (and loving it) it is no longer necessary.

Using Dire Beast, Titan’s Fury would buff the current existing pets, but using Dire Frenzy, it buffs the next use of Dire Frenzy. I kind of wish there was a buff icon so I can see how long this lasts because it isn’t clear.

I plan to play around testing the viability of WOTC to see how often I get focus starved, but on Krosus, my dps stabilized about 100k less than then using Dire Stable. But since I was messing with it during the raid, I didn’t test it as thoroughly as I intend to.

Good to know! Yea, was wondering why you were doubling up the commands. I still have it as one each but will try doubling tonight.

Two questions :

1. Is the damage difference between frenzy and stomp negligible? Or is frenzy better now? This of course is with the shoulders but I figured, even with the 7.2 changes, since frenzy caps at 3 stacks that stomp would still be the go to, but I guess it isn’t anymore?

2. If I were to make an aoe version of this, would it be just a matter of replacing cobra with multi in the castsequence? I know there is the modifier, but i kind of use all three modifiers for other things. Not to mention, i personally find it easier to have a separate multi macro especially for extended aoe fights.

Thanks!

“With the new traits in 7.2, Dire Frenzy pulls ahead of Stomp in all situations in simulations, with the attack speed increase to your pet acting as a significant buff to Beast Cleave, and also the new Thunderslash trait which scales with pet attack speed. So with Dire Frenzy being the best choice for single-target and multi-target situations, the only remaining use case for Stomp is when you are dealing with massive, bursty AoE where you cannot use Dire Frenzy to adequately build up an advantage in a very short period of time. In Nighthold, super-fast AoE like this is pretty rare, and single-target is considered more important for most encounters. Therefore, the default choice is Dire Frenzy for all situations.”
-Azortharion

But it’d much easier to get the exact DPS numbers by just using SimCraft for each talent on your character.

To be perfectly honest, I didn’t extensively test the difference between Stomp and Dire Frenzy specifically. I plan to do so, but for now I am conditionally ‘trusting’ the guide on Icy Veins. I have made several changes, and this is one that I didn’t test in detail.

In the same way, I also didn’t test difference between ‘One with the Pack’ and ‘Bestial Fury’ and ‘Blink Strikes’. Also, one that I mentioned, WOTC vs Dire Stable needs to be tested more.

I plan to do this testing and report back my findings. As a whole though, my damage has increased, both with and without the Mantle of Command.

AOE Version of the macro for you. A couple of notes on why I think this is better than simply switching CObra Shot with Multi-Shot from the main macro:

1 - Kill Command and AMOC consume large pools of focus. This takes away from the available Focus to cast more Multi-Shots.

2 - I insert multiple Dire Beast casts in an effort to ensure Dire Beast is cast as quickly as possible when off cooldown. I find that just using one line will sometimes cause Dire Beast to be skipped often in favor of Multi-Shot. Your mileage may vary, so feel free to remove some of the Dire Beast lines if you want.

Sequences['GweenAOE'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.1.00.
  Author="Gweenn@Bleeding Hollow",
  SpecID=253,
  Talents = "3212112",
  Default=2,
  Raid=1,
  PVP=2,
  Dungeon=1,
  Heroic=1,
  Mythic=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      KeyPress={
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast Dire Beast",
        "/cast Multi-Shot",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
    [2] = {
      KeyPress={
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast Dire Beast",
        "/cast Multi-Shot",
        "/cast Mend Pet",

PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

talents: 3113132

pre:

/use 14
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/petattack [@target,harm]
/cast [nopet,nodead] Call Pet 4; [@pet,dead] Heart of the Phoenix
/petautocastoff [group] Growl
/petautocaston [nogroup] Growl
/cast [target=focus, exists, nodead],[target=pet, exists, nodead] Misdirection
/cast [combat] Bestial Wrath
/cast [combat] Titan’s Thunder
/cast !volley

“/cast Dire Beast”,
“/cast Dire Beast”,
“/castsequence [combat] Kill Command, Cobra Shot”,
“/cast [nogroup] Mend Pet”,

thank me later
(for aoe-swap out CS for MS)

With this new dire frenzy build and thunderlash I know that we need to keep dire frenzy up as long as possible before casting a second one so we aren’t wasting stacks, as suppose to spamming dire beast like we used to. Have you tried taking out dire frenzy from the sequence to manage it yourself? Or do you see yourself not wasting a lot of frenzys with this? I don’t have the thunderlash talent yet otherwise would try myself. But I do have the shoulders and bracers so can’t wait to get thunderlash and mess around with it.

It stacks up to 3 times, so even starting with 2 charges and getting an auto attack crit to generate a 3rd in a short period of time is not a loss of DPS. After that initial burst at the start of a fight, getting more than 3 stacks inside of 8 seconds is possible but doesn’t happen very often, even with OwtP.

All the attacks will go off regardless, the only real concern is the haste buff itself. I admit that I am not sure if this is a rolling 8 seconds or if the timer refreshes each time Dire Frenzy is cast. Even so, it is hard to imagine that this is something that happens often enough that Dire Frenzy is being ‘wasted’.

Awesome gotcha. I appreciate your prompt response. And thank you for your work into the macro.

Lessons learned from testing:

1 - With Mantle of Command, I am able to spec into ‘Way of the Cobra’ without being focus starved. This seemed to hold true without using ‘One with the Pack’ as well, so I didn’t need to inflate the number of focus generation abilities. I will be using WOTC on my main (who has shoulders) and Dire Stable on my hunter alts without the shoulders.

2 - Dire Frenzy stacks - Dire Frenzy adds a 42% haste buff to the pet and stacks up to 3 times. This buff lasts for 8 seconds and refreshes each time Dire Frenzy is cast. With 3 stacks on pet, casting Dire Frenzy refreshes the buff but does not add an additional haste stack.

With the macro running, Dire Frenzy is cast immediately when available (or very close to it). It can be superior to utilize Dire Frenzy manually such that you can more easily maintain a near constant max haste buff on the pet. For example, since (with the shoulders) you have 2 stacks at the start, you cast Dire Frenzy, and wait until 1 seconds remains before casting the 2nd Dire Frenzy. You now have 2 stacks on the pet. Dire Frenzy refreshes at 10.2 seconds (for me) so that means that after casting the 2nd Dire Frenzy I have 2 seconds until I can the 3rd Dire Frenzy. However, if I wait until Dire Frenzy has 1 second remaining to cast it, I can refresh the buff with a 3rd stack effectively maintain a 3 stack Dire Frenzy buff on the pet almost continuously.

While this method sounds great in principle, it takes a fair amount of focus to maintain a 3 stack, and you also have the potential to lose stacks to Wild Call procs. I would suggest you experiment with using Dire Frenzy manually and see if this is something that works for you. I personally will choose to let the macro run automatically and maintain my focus on the fight rather than playing whack-a-mole. But that is just me.

3 - Pre-Buff Titan’s Thunder - When you cast Titan’s Thunder (when using Dire Frenzy) your pet gains a 30 second buff. This allow the pet up to 30 seconds to use Titan’s Thunder. Therefor you can essentially pre-pot Titan’s Thunder (assume a 20 second pull time) and when you begin combat it will be used, and you would only have a 40 second cool-down remaining, instead of 60. It’s not huge, but why the heck not take advantage of it?

4 - One with the Pack - My iLvL with the shoulders and belt legendaries equipped is 905. (I could gear at 910, but what’s important is my actual raiding iLvL for most circumstances. My crit with my current gear is 18% unbuffed. Taking OWTP give a 50% chance to reset the Dire Frenzy cool-down when I crit with auto shot. This means that my chance to reset Dire Frenzy is 9%. Taking this talent is a significant DPS loss with my gear. With more crit this might change, but I can only test with the gear I have.

Gween wondering if I am understanding the single target macro. The nomod line with KC and CS mean that those skills will not be cast when the mod key is activated? Also how are these macros for manual spamming vs the keyboard hotkey macro?

Correct. When holding CTRL, Cobra Shot, Kill Command and A Murder of Crows are blocked and will not be cast. Only Multi-Shot and Dire Frenzy. However, all of the stuff in the KeyPress section will still be cast as well.

I am not sure. Since I use a Keyboard macro rather than manually spamming the macro hotkey this macro works quite well for me. It is possible that using conditionals in the way that I do make not work for manual spamming. I did include, however, an AOE version in this thread by request.

@gween have you done some testing from the recent nerf to thunderlash and dire frenzy? was wondering if that exact build is still the best way to go or if maybe one with the pack is back to being better and or stomp. Was using dire frenzy with bestial fury and stacked mastery and haste, before that i was stacking mastery crit for the one with the pack build with stomp.

Gween,

was wondering if you’d be willing to post your macro script for your keyboard. I am really trying to figure out how to do that and want to explore using a keyboard macro with you macros if I can manage to figure out how to do them. on a side not your macro seems to work pretty well with manual spamming; I intend to log its use tomorrow night in nighthold manually spamming just to see. But if I can also figure out keyboard macros, it would be nice to have the comparison. Really do appreciate all your input and assistance.

i have a Logitech G105. It comes with programmable macro keys. I set up the keystrokes to use the time between keystrokes and save. Then I can press that key to start spamming and press it again to stop.