Macro/Talents for 7.2 with Mantle of Command

I haven’t yet. I am raiding tonight and will stand pat and see how it goes. I will do some testing with different talents and whatnot after and see what gives.

Hi Gween,

Interesting macro. Without the shoulders I don’t get focus starved, maybe because of the belt. I do get a dps increase with this over taters, a good 50k’ish. I’m just spamming it at 100ms, not pressing any other keys. Using 2 2 for the first two talents.

I don’t quite understand the macro, because it says dire beast, but with dire frenzy, you don’t have dire beast. It’s fascinating that it works :slight_smile:

Works like a champ, Only have Belt/Ring/Boots. WTB Shoulders to see this beast in the works!

Several abilities are the same ability, even if they have different names and functions. Dire Beast casts Dire Beast and/or Dire Frenzy, Dire Frenzy casts Dire Beast or Dire Frenzy.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but Taters macro is based on one of my older macros. This macro is the same. I have just optimized it some.

This is debatable. First, Simcraft cannot account for some of the nuances related to how an individual plays, and reacts when playing. It also cannot account for mechanics which can change the fundamental nature of how damage occurs during a fight. Simcraft is an excellent reference and resource, but just because one things sims higher than another doesn’t mean it is actually better when it comes to you actually playing.

IN the same way, I don’t trust Target Dummies in the game to be reliable. I have often found that what works better on a dummy, is worse when actually fighting a boss. I still use that as a resource as well, but as with any information I have, its all tentative until I am actually raiding and see how it actually translates.

This is why some of my updates and changes come out bit by bit. It takes a while to analyze what is working better while raiding for me and to balance that out generally in a macro/talent build scenario.

[quote quote=47165]

But it’d much easier to get the exact DPS numbers by just using SimCraft for each talent on your character.

This is debatable. First, Simcraft cannot account for some of the nuances related to how an individual plays, and reacts when playing. It also cannot account for mechanics which can change the fundamental nature of how damage occurs during a fight. Simcraft is an excellent reference and resource, but just because one things sims higher than another doesn’t mean it is actually better when it comes to you actually playing. IN the same way, I don’t trust Target Dummies in the game to be reliable. I have often found that what works better on a dummy, is worse when actually fighting a boss. I still use that as a resource as well, but as with any information I have, its all tentative until I am actually raiding and see how it actually translates. This is why some of my updates and changes come out bit by bit. It takes a while to analyze what is working better while raiding for me and to balance that out generally in a macro/talent build scenario. [/quote]

True about Simming your character but it’s some place to start to get any ideas as well as a Training dummy to use as a point to compare numbers-wise between different macros.

Thanks again for another great macro, Gween!

great to see u updating your macro as it seems tater abandon his, do you have logs so i can compare my gear set and stuff to yours? Also instead of have the macro cast titan’s thunder would it be better to add it to the mod key alt instead of Exhilaration so that u can time titan’s thunder with the BW window? And won’t it be better to remove Blood Fury from the macro so you can hold it for windows of Bloodlust so you can squeeze out extra dps? Or aspect of the wild so you can use it with dire frenzy in the BW window. Let me know what you think. I’m in a mythic progression guild so all the extra dps that I can get matters.

@Gween great macro buddy. I am using both your ST and AOE and they work great. I have been using the Macros on here for years and its great to see how they have elvolved thanks to @TimothyLuke and you good self. Keep up the fantastic work I just like to log on and kill stuff PVE and PVP I have never had the inkling for clicking and watching rotations etc. People will say this requires no skill but I pay to play like this so meh :slight_smile:

If i want pure DPS, is there any issue if i remove Missdirection, mend pet and Spirit beast heal ?

You could do this, but with the synergy between Titan’s Thunder and Dire Frenzy it would be an overall DPS loss to put it off for more than a few seconds. Over the course of a fight, I believe it it better to use it on cooldown rather than attempt to optimize it for a Bestial Wrath window.

That depends on when you lust for a particular fight. I prefer to cast it on cooldown so get the most possible number of uses out of it.

Same answer here. In a previous macro I had conditionals attached to the cooldowns so that you could delay the casting of these cooldowns for ‘optimal’ times. But with 7.2 and the way I have talents now, I believe using them as soon as they are available is the best way to go.

Misdirection and Spirit Mend are not on the GCD, so they do not affect DPS in any way. Mend Pet is on the GCD so can reduce DPS, but the macro is configured such that when you are in a dungeon or RAID zone, it shouldn’t be used. You can remove it and use it manually, or add a [nogroup] modifier so it doesn’t get used when you are grouped.

/cast [nogroup] Mend Pet

[quote quote=47221]

If i want pure DPS, is there any issue if i remove Missdirection, mend pet and Spirit beast heal ?

Misdirection and Spirit Mend are not on the GCD, so they do not affect DPS in any way. Mend Pet is on the GCD so can reduce DPS, but the macro is configured such that when you are in a dungeon or RAID zone, it shouldn’t be used. You can remove it and use it manually, or add a [nogroup] modifier so it doesn’t get used when you are grouped. /cast [nogroup] Mend Pet [/quote]

Spirit Mend has a short range (25y), and can make your pet walk towards you and stop attacking the boss to heal you or miss an auto attack.

Thank you for the assist will do the [nogroup] for md, spirit mend and mend pet

The dps loss is maybe 50dps. It’s worth it to just have it running in the macro.

@Gween or any of the other here,

So I have invested Razor Black Widow with the programmable macro keys and I am looking for some assistance in setting this up on a programmable key. Believe it or not these macros of Gweens are pretty damn good for just manual spamming, I could link some logs if any are curious; but now I am really interested in how well it performs as it is intended to be used. If there is anybody out there willing to baby step me through the set up on the razor, I would be most grateful. this is a great macro and I want to get the most out it. If some one wants or is willing to reach out in game, I am on Zul’Jin toon is Kuddzuu or battletag randywatson#11583. Thank in advance for anyone willing to help. Gween and all of you are a great bunch and you incite, assistance and feedback has been awesome.

[quote quote=47232]The dps loss is maybe 50dps. It’s worth it to just have it running in the macro.
[/quote]

Test it out, be 40 yuards fropm a training dummy and spirit heal every time is avaliable.Anyone, the macro is amazing and pull good numbers. Thank you very much for it, i dont use a spirit best for raids anyway, just questing.

new to this, I’m not sure on how to use Macroversion 2. how do i do that? or does it do it automatically?

EDIT: nvm i’ve figured out :slight_smile: ! thanks!!!

I use auto hot key and i have a Script to auto spam when I press Num1/Num2/Num3. I have a latency of 26ms but have found that having Sleep set to 80 makes this excellent macro tick along ok. Great shout with Spirit mend, I was wondering why my pets were strolling back some times.

I got help with this script but it works well. Goto the autohotkey site if you want to change they keys

{
$Numpad1::
Loop
{
if not GetKeyState(“Numpad1”, “P”)
break
Send {Numpad1}
Sleep 80
}
return

$Numpad2::
Loop
{
if not GetKeyState(“Numpad2”, “P”)
break
Send {Numpad2}
Sleep 80
}
return

$Numpad3::
Loop
{
if not GetKeyState(“Numpad3”, “P”)
break
Send {Numpad3}
Sleep 80
}
return
}

@gween,

Just gotta say, figured out the keyboard macro piece, and was surprised by some preliminary testing on raid dummy. This macro is insanely good, my unbuffed testing results were a very pleasant surprise. I am seriously looking forward to a fully buffed drive with this bad boy later in the week . Thank you very much for all your feedback and work on this.

It’s pretty good. I do get some times when I have full focus and it isn’t doing anything for about 3-5 seconds. I see it cycling through things. Does concussive shot do any damage? Was thinking some filler crap might be helpful.

I’m just wildly curious, has anyone even messed with Chimera shot this expansion? What a shame to have a no focus shot just sitting idle, but if it is a DPS loss, then let it sit idle :slight_smile:

Few things that could help:

1 - Manually throw in a Cobra Shot. I am assuming this isn’t against multiple mobs because then you would be using the conditional to spam Multi-=Shot and Dire Frenzy (or Dire Beast if you are spec’d that way)

2 - The macro is setup to alternate between Kill Command and Cobra Shot. This is to make the best use out of Bestial Wrath. However, if you the macro just cast Cobra Shot, and then Bestial Wrath goes off it can be several seconds until it will cast Kill Command and continue the cycle. I simply manually toss in a Cobra Shot to reset Kill Command and get that process going.

3 - It is desirable to have as much focus as possible when Bestial Wrath is cast to maximize the number of Kill Command and Cobra Shot cycles. This isn’t always possible, but having full focus sometimes isn’t the worst thing in the world.