Using 'Zoo' build and macro

SEVERAL CHANGES: Macros updated 8/23/2017 - Fixed AMOC as it wasn’t casting. Added NOMOD:ALT modifiers to Blood Fury, Titan’s Fury and Aspect of the Wild. The idea behind this modifier is that you can hold down alt to prevent them from casting. I use this when I start the macro so that I can get a couple of Dire Beasts out first before Titan’s Fury. This also allow you to prevent them from casting briefly if you want to wait for Dire Beast.

For those that don’t care for modifiers, if you do nothing, it doesn’t affect the macro at all, you can simply pretend they don’t exist.

UPDATE

My information:

Battlenet: Gween#1507

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/bleeding-hollow/gweenn <–My main
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/bleeding-hollow/gwene <—Alt #1
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/bleeding-hollow/Neewg <—Alt #2

Talents - 3111332 - I highly recommend using Dire Stable instead of Way of the Cobra. The extra focus is simply better in most situations, and getting focus capped is rare for me anyway and solved simply by a manual cast or two of Cobra Shot. I plan to do more testing with Aspect of the Beast as it may prove superior with lower Mastery and higher crit with the ‘Zoo’ build.

0 - By popular demand, I have included Single Target and Multi-Target versions of the macro with the modifiers removed (except for using SHIFT for Counter Shot and Intimidation)

1 - I ditched the T19 2-piece. It frankly wasn’t giving me all that much, and I have new set pieces and better non-set pieces. Either way, in my testing, the 2-piece T19 bonus was rarely an improvement over comparable gear.

2 - In every conceivable test I have run, Stomp just beats out Dire Frenzy. This includes pure single target fights as well. Obviously, Stomp gets better the more targets there are.

3 - I am using Dire Stable and even with this, I find myself getting focus starved more often than I am focus capped. I can manually add Cobra Shots for those times I have excess focus.

4 - One with the Pack seem to be the go to choice for the 60 tier talents. If you do use the Soul of the Huntmaster ring, you will also get Bestial Fury (which I think is second best).

5 - Current Raid hasn’t called on me to use Binding Shot, so I switched to Intimidation. This one doesn’t impact DPS, so it’s not a big thing. On the other hand, if you use Sephuz’s Secret, Initimidation and Counter Shot can provide a DPS boost on mobs vulnerable to them.

6 - I noticed that AMOC was only hitting about 4.2%-4.6% of my damage. I was surprised to see how low this was. Partly this is because my Mastery is a bit lower (70-75% depending on gear selection), but I think this got stealth nerfed.

7 - Due to AMOC damage being low I checked out Barrage and Volley. Barrage is still meh. However, Volley on a single target gives me ahout 4.2% of my overall damage (slightly lower than AMOC), but as soon as you add a second target it jumps up a lot. Volley is now my go to talent. If on a pure ST fight, I might choose to turn it off, but most likely I will just leave it on.

8 - I updated the macros to account for some talent changes that people may make. If you choose AMOC, the macro will use it. If you choose Volley the macro will cast Dire Beast instead of AMOC. I do not have the macro manipulate Volley. I find this is best set manually. Partly because you may wish to turn it off at times, and partly because for the most part, including it can cause latency issues and even disconnects if it isn’t in the main macro portion (this is also why I don’t include things like ‘/startattack’ or ‘/pet attack’.

9 - As far as Legendaries go, if you can use the waist it is generally the best one. After that the chest, Huntmaster ring, Shoulders, Neck, Helm are all good. Frankly, I use the legendaries that best fill in my gear. My iLvL is 931 currently, and I am using the Neck (because my best neck is only 905) and then swapping in the Chest, Huntmaster ring or shoulders. I have a nice 940 waist, so even though the Legendary belt is the best, its not as big a boost as though other pieces that I am raising up gear from 910-915 up to 970. Hope this makes sense in terms of gearing strategy.

10 - My overall DPS is noticeably improved with the new configuration.

Talents - 3111332

Sequences['GweenBeast'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.1.04.
  Author="Gweenn@Bleeding Hollow",
  SpecID=253,
  Talents = "3111332",
  Default=1,
  Dungeon=1,
  Heroic=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = "Priority",
      KeyPress={
        "/targetenemy [noharm][dead]",
        "/cast [nopet,nodead] Call Pet 1; [@pet,dead] Heart of the Phoenix",
        "/cast [combat,pet:Spirit Beast,@player] Spirit Mend",
        "/cast [target=focus, exists, nodead],[target=pet, exists, nodead] Misdirection",
        "/cast [combat] Bestial Wrath",
        "/cast [nomod:alt, combat] Blood Fury",
        "/cast [nomod:alt, combat] Titan's Thunder",
        "/cast [nomod:alt,combat] Aspect of the Wild",
        "/cast [mod:shift] Counter Shot",
        "/cast [mod:shift] Intimidation",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast Dire Beast",
        "/castsequence [nomod:ctrl] Kill Command, Cobra Shot",
        "/cast [mod:ctrl] Multi-Shot; [mod:shift] Cobra Shot; [talent:6/1] A Murder of Crows; Dire Beast",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

Due to many requests I will include here single target and multi-target versions of the macros that do not include any modifiers (except using SHIIFT for Counter Shot and Intimidation…

Single Target:

Sequences['GweenBeastST'] = {
  SpecID=253,
  Talents = "3111332",
  Default=1,
  Dungeon=1,
  Heroic=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      KeyPress={
        "/cast [target=focus, exists, nodead],[target=pet, exists, nodead] Misdirection",
        "/cast [nomod:alt, combat] Aspect of the Wild",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast Dire Beast",
        "/castsequence Kill Command, Cobra Shot",
        "/cast [mod:shift] Cobra Shot; [talent:6/1] A Murder of Crows; Dire Beast",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

Multi-Target Macro:

Sequences['GweenMulti'] = {
  SpecID=253,
  Talents = "3111332",
  Default=1,
  Dungeon=1,
  Heroic=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      KeyPress={
        "/cast [nomod:alt, combat] Aspect of the Wild",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast Dire Beast",
        "/cast Multi-Shot",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

So no separate aoe just use this

I hold CTRL to switch the macro into AOE mode. Works fantastic for me.

Gween

So just hit control and spam same macro

Riding tonight shall give it a go thank you

Do you use a auto spammer like Razer Synapse? And if so what timing do you use on it?

My keyboard spams the - key which is where I have my macro icon. It presses the key every 100ms.

Gween

Could you explain when the use of the mod CTRL is optimal, seems your other post indicated that was for AOE?

And if you won’t mind, for my peace of mind explain the SHIFT and ALT usage.

Sure thing.

With no modifiers (CTRL, ALT or SHIFT) held the macro runs normally. Lines that require a modifer are blocked, these include:

KeyPress={
“/cast [mod:alt] Exhilaration”,
“/cast [mod:shift] Counter Shot”,
“/cast [mod:shift] Intimidation”,
PreMacro={
“/cast [mod:ctrl] Multi-Shot; A Murder of Crows”,
“/cast [mod:shift] Cobra Shot”,

Again, the above macro lines are NOT used when no modifier keys are pressed.

With CTRL held the following lines are blocked:

KeyPress={
    "/cast [mod:alt] Exhilaration",
  },
  PreMacro={
    "/cast [mod:ctrl] Multi-Shot; A Murder of Crows",   &lt;---See NOTE 1
    "/castsequence [nomod:ctrl] Kill Command, Cobra Shot",
    "/cast [mod:shift] Cobra Shot",

With CTRL held the following lines are used:

PreMacro={
    "/cast [mod:ctrl] Multi-Shot; A Murder of Crows",   &lt;---See NOTE 1
    "/cast Dire Beast",

NOTE 1: The line that includes Multi-Shot and A Murder of Crows is an OR logic line. When CTRL is NOT held it will cast ‘A Murder of Crows’ only, when CTRL is held it will cast ‘Multi-Shot’ only.

So basically when CTRL is held, the macro only casts Multi-Shot and Dire Frenzy (or Dire Beast depending on talents). The cool-downs in the KeyPress section are used when available regardless of modifier.

When SHIFT is held the following lines are added to the rotation (nothing is blocked by pressing SHIFT):

KeyPress={
  PreMacro={
    "/cast [mod:shift] Cobra Shot",

When ALT is pressed the following spells are added to the rotation (nothing is blocked by pressing ALT):

KeyPress={
    "/cast [mod:alt] Exhilaration",

So to recap, lines that have a [mod:ctrl], [mod:shift], and [mod:alt} are NOT used in the normal rotation (except for the line I talked about in NOTE 1). Those lines are included when the applicable key is pressed.

Lines that have a [nomod:ctrl], [nomod:shift], or [nomod:alt] are used until the applicable key is pressed then they are blocked (except for the line I talked about in NOTE 1).

Gween

Gween,
quick question for you in regards to the modifiers particularly multi-shot. Ive run into the issue before where this and certain macros would not fire modifiers off using ctrl and shift assuming thats because those are bound to default actions my question is do you have/use a simpler method to get these binds to work without going through and erasing every default ctrl and shift bind?. great macro best one by far keep it up

Just wondering why you are using Dire Beast on macro… but using Dire Frenzy on talent?

[quote quote=50213]Just wondering why you are using Dire Beast on macro… but using Dire Frenzy on talent?
[/quote]

Dire Beast in the macro automatically switches to Dire Frenzy when you change the talent. Well, it casts Dire Frenzy when you switch.

Hello Gween,

I tried your version and i notice there is slight lag to me “kill command / cobra shot” which resulted the dps is 35% lowered than SIM. I saw your logs and i believe your marco truly works well. I suspect it could be due to my own settings. My mouse button are set at 120MS while my game MS hovers between 100-110.

I tried 150MS in mouse settings but it didn’t have significant changes somehow.

Also, would you be coming out with 1 which is spec for Aspect Of The Beast?

Is there something i may have missed out?

This can partly be helped and partly cannot be helped. Without going into the gory details, it is a function of your latency and the macro timing (how often and when you use the macro).

I find it best to use a macro timing of 150%-300% of your latency. My latency is roughly 33ms to around 50ms most of the time and I use a macro timing of 100ms. That seems to work for me, although I am not about to invest several hours into determining that 109.64ms is the most optimal.

In any event, I posted a version of my macro that is optimized for higher latency situations, and is probably the highest DPS version of the macro. In my testing it is consistently about 100k or more better than my other versions.

Of course, as with everything there are trade-offs. This version may delay casting of Dire Beast and may even miss a few procs of Dire Beast over time. It can also take longer to apply AMOC. To compensate for this, for me personally, I assist the macro. I don’t assist during testing, since I am comparing the auto-run verses another auto-run. I assist the macro during raids in the following ways (and when it is convenient to do so):

1 - I will manually spam the dire beast hotkey when it procs
2 - I will manually spam the AMOC key (this happens rarely)
3 - I will manually spam the Cobra Shot hotkey and 2 conditions:
a - When focus is capped
b - When Kill Command is on cooldown and the macro just cast Bestial Wrath (to reset KC cooldown)

Again, I assist when it is convenient to do so, which means whenever I am not otherwise focused on fight mechanics and I happen to want to make the effort to eek out those few extra dps numbers.

Gween

A couple of other things to mention:

1 - I currently have every legendary at 970 iLvL
2 - My raid equipped iLvL is currently 928
3 - I have gear to swap to have between iLvL 926-931
4 - While I am not using the ‘best’ legendaries, I am using the ones that are currently ‘best’ for me.

My best non-legendary neck is a 905 iLvL Beleron’s Choker of Misery with a socket and + 518 Leech. My best non-legendary belt is a 940 iLvL Belt of Screaming Slag that is Indestructible. Needless to say It is better to use the Legendary neck and not the belt for this situation. Even though the belt is ‘better’. When I pick up a better neck, I will almost certainly switch.

Gween

I do like the AOTB build, but haven’t used it lately. I will try it out and see if I come with something that is worth posting. It should be noted that I don’t trust sims or training dummies for some builds as it doesn’t always accurately reflect real damage against raid bosses. So most of my testing is in LFR.

Gween

Hi Gween,

Thank you so much for the guide. I will try 200MS on spell to see how well it goes. I tried your the other marco however my dps using this marco in this thread seems higher. So i will continue to trial from 200MS to 250MS. Thank you for all the good work. Greatly appreciate.

Do you have a way to add using the tarnished sentinel medallion to your macro?

Hey Gween i have to say Thank you for all your Help so far. but i just need to know what stats you are trying to get or have? i meen now when using the Zoobuild do you gear up after the zoobuild and trying to get so mutch Crit as posible?