My improved GS-E Leveling, Raiding &/or High performance Macros:

I have been playing around with these macro, trying to improve them. Part of the problem has been hold over commands, as will as problem in adapting my macros, from GS and other previous, macro/addon systems.

Example 1: Placing an exclamation mark(!) as part of an action cast in macros, use to give that action priority over any other. However not it appears as far GS-E macros are concerned it has the opposite affect.

Example 2: I made big mistake in adding the GSStaticPriority line. At the time, I had issues getting the macro to work or MyMacros to even load at the time. It was one of the many changes I made to trying get them to work. However it messed up the shot order, and cause low focus issues.

Example 3: There was a big issue with pets attacking every thing in range. So I have removed all targeting/attacks from my shot rotation macros, and have made a separate macro for targeting/attacks.

I would like to thank MagicPants, Kent, Glamrockcop, and of course TimothyLuke, for their help and feed back with my macros.

Edit: I don’t mind helping players out who are having issues with my macros. But please do not contact me in-game on Tuesday and Thursday nights. Those are my guilds raiding nights. So if you do try to contact me on those night, don’t blame me for being a bit rude.

In Legion Best Mastery damage is very pet centric. As such both my spec, and my rotation macros are designed around the boosting and the commanding of the pets. Also they are mainly designed for the use of Spirit Beasts, that have the Tenacity spec. Sorry but; Tenacity spec Spirit Beasts is best for both yours and your pet’s survival.

My leveling Spec was: 3222321.

This was my main leadoff macro. Warning: it has Barrage in it so you need a lot of care when using it. As Barrage is even more unpredictable in Legion. If pulling too many mobs is an issue, you might want to use my number 2 leadoff macro instead.

Sequences['BM1'] = {
specID = 253,
author = "Sir_Ewing",
helpTxt = "With Barrage - Talent: 3222321",
PreMacro = [[
/cast [@pet,dead]Heart of the Phoenix
/petautocastoff [group] Growl
/petautocaston [nogroup] Growl
/cast [target=focus, exists, nodead],[target=pet, exists, nodead] Misdirection
]],
"/cast [nochanneling] Bestial Wrath",
"/cast [nochanneling] !Kill Command",
"/cast [nochanneling] Intimidation",
"/cast [nochanneling] Dire Frenzy",
"/cast Barrage",
"/cast [nochanneling] Titan's Thunder",
}

This was my number 2 leadoff rotation macro without Barrage: Yes; It has Concussive Shot. It does more damage then Auto Shot, and uses very little focus; Making it a fair substitute for our old Arcane shot. It has saved mine and my pets life in beta. You will notice also it has Cobra Shot instead of Barrage, giving you a bit more control over what mobs are pulled. Beware! Cobra Shot no longer gives you Focus regeneration, in fact it is a Focus hog now. So keep a close eye on it, as to not run out of Focus.

Sequences['BM2'] = {
specID = 253,
author = "Sir_Ewing",
helpTxt = "Without Barrage - Talent: 3222321",
PreMacro = [[
]],
"/cast [nochanneling] Cobra Shot",
"/cast [nochanneling] Concussive Shot",
PostMacro = [[
/cast Aspect of the Wild
]],
}

Every 3 minutes you can use the following as a burst &/or AoE attack. This is the one with Stampede in it. Stampede is no longer what it use to be. Instead of using pet from our stable it uses random beasts. Also they do not actually attack the target, but like a real Stampede, they simply run over it. You must use care and make sure you are directly facing your target, or they will miss. Also the target can simply step out of the way, and the beasts will miss it. So don’t depend on it in PvP.

Sequences['BMburst'] = {
specID = 253,
author = "Sir_Ewing",
helpTxt = "BMAoE - Talent: 3222321",
PreMacro = [[
]],
"/cast [nochanneling] Stampede",
"/cast Barrage",
"/cast [nochanneling] Multi-Shot",
PostMacro = [[
/cast Aspect of the Wild
]],
}

Note: The above macros have Titan’s Thunder in them. While it will be long time after reaching level 110, before a hunter can use it. I lift it in for those players who want to keep this spec after getting there. As it does no harm leaving it because with GS-E you don’t have to worry about the macros getting hung-up.

Here are Solo macros. While my Guild Leader wants me to use Barrage in raid I am finding it and stampede pains in the rear for solo. So I am using Volley right now. I find by leaving it on all the time, it does just about the same over all damage, without the focus drain nor worrying about barrage’s long cool down.

Solo Single target

Sequences['SBMmain'] = {
specID = 253,
author = "Sir_Ewing",
helpTxt = "Solo main - Talent: 3212333",
PreMacro = [[
]],
PostMacro = [[
/cast Aspect of the Wild
]],
}

Solo AoE

Sequences['SAoE'] = {
specID = 253,
author = "Sir_Ewing",
helpTxt = "Raiding AoE - Talent: 3212233",
PreMacro = [[
]],
PostMacro = [[
/cast Aspect of the Wild
]],
}

Ok As I said my Guild Leader wants me to use Barrage instead of Volley for raiding. Apparently he has more confidence in my controlling it, then I do. I hope he is right. So here are my tentative raiding specs and rotation macros. Note in them I have removed Intimidation from my spec and replaced it with Wyvern Sting To give me a bit CC in raid. So it is not part of these macros. However I may change it depending if we have enough CCers in raid.

The Raiding spec is: 3212223

Raiding single Raid with Barrage

Sequences['RBMmain'] = {
specID = 253,
author = "Sir_Ewing",
helpTxt = "Raiding main With Barrage- Talent: 3212223",
PreMacro = [[
]],
"/cast Barrage",
PostMacro = [[
/cast Aspect of the Wild
]],
}<code>

Raiding without Barrage

Sequences['2RSBM'] = {
specID = 253,
author = "Sir_Ewing",
helpTxt = "2nd Raiding Single without Barrage- Talent: 3212223",
PreMacro = [[
]],
PostMacro = [[
/cast Aspect of the Wild
]],
}

Raiding AoE,

Sequences['2RBMAoE'] = {
specID = 253,
author = "Sir_Ewing",
helpTxt = "2nd Raiding AoE with Barrage- Talent: 3212223",
PreMacro = [[
]],
"/cast Barrage",
PostMacro = [[
/cast Aspect of the Wild
]],
}

In the following 3 macros the talents are set for my leveling spec. When you are ready for Level 110 Solo &/or Raiding you may need to change them. However you can just leave them alone as it doesn’t affect it any.

Here is my heal pet macro. Believe me you are going to use this one a lot! Note: Heart of the Phoenix is part of the pre macros, of all of my shot rotation macros. So it is not needed here.

Sequences['Healpet'] = {
specID = 253,
author = "Sir-Ewing",
helpTxt = "Pet Heal - Talent: 3222321",
"/cast [@pet,dead]Revive Pet",
"/cast [nochanneling] !mend pet",
"/cast [nochanneling] Exhilaration",
}

“Play Dead” in legion is no longer a glyph tied to the hunter’s “Feign Death.” Which means we will have to trigger them separately, also we now have to “Wakeup” them separately when we stand back up. This causes us to have to use a total of 3 different buttons/actions, for something that currently we only need one button/action. Also You have to buy the “Play Dead” ability from a vender in the ‘Hunter’s Lodge,’ which you can’t access until after legion hits.

I am finding this change very awkward and has greatly complicated an ability that use to be very simple. I have tried making the following macro for this issue. Warning: Use care and only hit the button twice, as you might “Wake Up” your pet, if you keep hitting it.

Sequences['lookdead'] = {
specID = 253,
author = "Sir_Ewing",
helpTxt = "Look Dead - Talent: 3232321",
"/cast [nochanneling] Feign Death",
"/cast [nochanneling] Play Dead",
}

Here is my “Oh Shit” macro. You are also going to be using this a lot more then you would like. It uses the Warlords healing potion: You will need to change it out when the Legion one becomes available to you. But you might want to use the Bag slot variant of this macro posted latter in this thread.

Sequences['OShit'] = {
specID = 253,
author = "Sir_Ewing",
helpTxt = "Oh Shit - Talent: 3222321",
"/cast Aspect of the Turtle",
"/cast [target=player, help] Spirit Mend",
"/use Healing Tonic",
}

In writing your own macros you may find the following helpful.

Each piece of gear that we wear is assigned a number, as follows:
1 = head
2 = neck
3 = shoulder
4 = shirt
5 = chest
6 = belt
7 = legs
8 = feet
9 = wrist
10 = gloves
11 = finger 1
12 = finger 2
13 = trinket 1
14 = trinket 2
15 = back
16 = main hand
17 = off hand
18 = ranged
19 = tabard

For the most part with The GS-E addon You don’t need to Have Use Item Numbers in the body of your macros. However some professions like Engineers have specialized gear enchantments; In which case knowing the above numbers can be helpful.

You can also use an item in a specific bag location. Lets say you always keep the food you want to feed your pet in the first slot of your backpack. You can easily write a macro to feed your pet as follows:

/cast Feed Pet
/use 0 1
Bags are numbered 0-4 from right to left; With the backpack always being 0. However the slots are numbered starting at 1 going left to right, top to bottom. Examples:

A 16 slot Bag or the Backpack

1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16

or a 10 slot bag

— — 1 2
3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10

The use of bag with slot number in your macros, is very helpful; In that, you don’t have to update your macros every time you get food, potion, &/or bandage upgrades. The following Variant of my “Oh shit” macro is a good example of this:

Sequences['OShit2'] = {
specID = 253,
author = "Sir_Ewing",
helpTxt = "Oh Shit - Talent: 3232321",
"/cast Aspect of the Turtle",
"/cast [target=player, help] Spirit Mend",
"/use 0 2",
"/use 0 9",
}

I keep My bandages in Bag 0 Slot 2 and my healing potions in bag 0, slot 9. An other good example is my non GS-E feed pet macro, posted latter in this thread.

The following group of macros are non-GS-E macros that you may find helpful:

Here is my targeting and attack macro, based on a macro posted by Glamrockcop in my old thread. I have it hot keyed to a button that I can toggle easily with my thumb. Note: This is very helpful for any of the pet classes.

/cleartarget [dead]
/assist [@focus,exists][@pet,exists]
/targetenemy [noharm][noexists]
/petassist

This one I call pet return, I find it very helpful, to bring my pet to heel when it runs off on a tangent. It is also very helpful for any of the pet classes.

/petstay
/petfollow

Lastly here is my feed pet macro, that uses the above bag slot coding. I keep the the favorate food of whichever pet I am using in bag 0 slot 1.

#showtooltip Feed Pet
/cast Feed Pet
/use 0 1

If you’d like to have a /petattack option in your macro still then use /petattack [exists] while keeping your pet on Passive. That way it will only attack what you have targeted and once it’s dead or you clear your target it will return to your side or attack the next targetted mob, this will stop you pulling the last boss from the start of the dungeon and everything in between.

Just another option to consider…

[quote quote=33641]If you’d like to have a /petattack option in your macro still then use /petattack [exists] while keeping your pet on Passive. That way it will only attack what you have targeted and once it’s dead or you clear your target it will return to your side or attack the next targetted mob, this will stop you pulling the last boss from the start of the dungeon and everything in between.
Just another option to consider…
[/quote]

You posted this before I posted my above Targeting Macro. You may find it helpful.

Hi,

this is my first post.

I think the time spent in creating these macros is commendable and very helpful for a lot of players.

I would like to bring to your attention the random aspect of targeting in almost all the macros.

The best scenario would be to incorporate assist @focus and not attack anything that the focus is not attacking (tank)

Otherwise you randomly attack a bunch of adds or boss that no one is prepared for.

Is there a way of making these macro’s dungeon and raid friendly so they only start when the tank has engaged?

Thanks for your all your hard work and time in this,

Jay

So my issues with all the macros are the course of talents. In a raiding area, Volley would never be used because well it’s only useful in AOE situations, and most bosses are still single target with single target adds.

Also, Dire Frenzy which does high damage is nothing compared to what Stomp does. At 103 Stomp hits for almost three times more than Dire Frenzy. From my in-game logs, Dire Frenzy might hit for about 35-60k whereas Stomp hits for 90-200k. It is just as power as Kill Command, to be honest, and it’s a passive with Dire Beast.

Finally, the last tier of talents, the bleed from the talent you choose while good isn’t considered a real talent for raiding whereas Stampede is or Killer Cobra. Killer Cobra during Bestial Wrath makes it an adamant spell.

[quote quote=33780]Hi,
this is my first post.
I think the time spent in creating these macros is commendable and very helpful for a lot of players.
I would like to bring to your attention the random aspect of targeting in almost all the macros.
The best scenario would be to incorporate assist @focus and not attack anything that the focus is not attacking (tank)
Otherwise you randomly attack a bunch of adds or boss that no one is prepared for.
Is there a way of making these macro’s dungeon and raid friendly so they only start when the tank has engaged?
Thanks for your all your hard work and time in this,
Jay
[/quote]

Did you even read my first post? I have removed all targeting/attacks from my shot rotation macros, and have made a separate macro for targeting/attacks.

As for the separate Targeting/attack macro:

First: It clears any dead target you may have.

Second: You set the tank as your focus it will make your target to the same target they have.

Third: If you don’t have a focus it will target your pets target if they have one. That way you both are attacking the same target/

Forth: If the tank &/or your pet don’t have a target, it will then just target the nearest enemy. While this might cause a random targeting issue; As long as you are not spamming this macro you should be fine.

Lastly: it puts your pet on assist.

@Moonsorrow - I Leave Volley on even for single targets. It has a nice tight cluster of Arrows, that doesn’t pull random mobs. If a mob is close enough to get hit by it, it is close enough to agro anyway. Even on single targets, while it does not give a big burst of damage, it does very good over all damage, over time. Also With Volley I don’t have to worry about the high focus drain/requirement , nor the long cool downs that barrage has.

As for your other points: My Macros are designed for the maximum amount of damage for the lest amount of focus. You can’t do DPS while waiting on Focus regen. I was hoping I wasn’t going to have repost my reasoning for my specs from my old thread, but here goes:

[quote quote=29813]Here are my very tentative Raiding talents: 3212233
Keep in mind what I said about In Legion Best Mastery damage is very pet centric. As such you will be Focus starved if you try to concentrate too much on your shots, instead of on your pet(s).
Here is a Break down of them and my reasoning on why I picked them;
Dire Stable – For its focus regeneration.
Dire Frenzy – This give your pet a big speed boost that stacks up to 3 times, giving your pet a big increase in damage. It also is your biggest 25% Focus regeneration talent. Don’t make the mistake of picking Chimaera Shot . as BM. While it may give you a bit of damage increase, it robs damage from your pet. Also its lower Focus regeneration at 10% Focus regeneration,; Your over all damage will suffer, due to running out of Focus.
Posthaste. – This one doesn’t really matter that much, what your preference is. Just be sure to change the number in the talent line one the macros if you use something else.
Bestial Fury – I am torn between it and One with the Pack, and I am still swapping them out with each other, to see which is best.
Wyvern Sting – To give me back some crowd control for raiding. Other wise I would use Intimidation for soloing for its stun.
Volley – For its AoE. While in MoP and in WoD I liked Barrage, in Legion, its range is so much larger, making it too unpredictable for raids.
Aspect of the Beast – The change they have made to Stampede have made it too unpredictable, if it even will hit your target, as well as how much damage it actually does. As for Killer Cobra; Remember BM is pet centric now, and Cobra Shot is now a very big Focus hog, that will leaver you drained.
[/quote]

And;

[quote]You all might want to watch Final Boss’ Video on Legion Beastmaster Hunters. It show what we have to look forward to, when our Artifact weapon is fully upgraded; As for our talent tree you might want to fast forward to 26:55. He make a good argument for Dire Stable, Dire Frenzy, and Bestial Fury, in combination with our upgraded Weapon.
[/quote]

It has never worked this way. ! is toggle off protection. You put it in front of spells that toggle on and off so your macro doesn’t constantly turn it on and off with each key press. Take the Outlaw Rogue ability Blade Flurry for example. If you just have /cast Blade Flurry it will flip it on, then off, then on, then off for as long as you cycle the macro. Now if you have /cast !Blade Flurry, it will flip it on and it will stay on until you cancel the buff or /cancelaura Blade Flurry. You can test this in-game if you wish. It has absolutely no affect on spell priority.

Well Emerald Nightmare came out this week, and I tried all of my Raiding spec and macro. I found with Blizzard’s nerf of 20% of Barrage, that my Volley raiding spec, with volley being lift on all the time, is doing the best over all DPS.

My DPS is still not where I would like it to be, but it should improve a lot after upgrade my weapon a bit more. I rushed the “Titan’s Thunder” side a bit in order to get to that ability, and neglected the pet damage side, a bit too much.

I am still trying to squeeze the best raiding DPS after the Barrage nerf . While my volley spec did better DPS then my Barrage one, and is good for solo; It just was not enough for raiding. The following two macros and spec changes are still works in progress, my raiding DPS is a lot better then before, using them.

The only changes to my spec are, I am now using “A Murder of Crows.” and “Stampede.” Note: In order to ensure that Stampede hits it targets; It is not part of these macros. Instead I am triggering it separately after the tank has the boss/mobs positioned where he wants it, and after I make sure I am directly facing it.

Single Target:

Sequences['NewRBM'] = {
specID = 253,
author = "John",
helpTxt = "new single target- Talent: 3212311",
PreMacro = [[
]],
"/cast [nochanneling] A Murder of Crows",
"/cast [nochanneling] Kill Command",
PostMacro = [[
/cast Aspect of the Wild
]],
}

Note: I am using “Concussive Shot” as a timing filler. However it can cause a bit too much of a Focus drain. As a Blood Elf, thanks to 'Arcane Torrent," it is not a big issue for me. If you find you are having a Focus issue, then just remove the “Concussive Shot” from the macro, and just pause you spamming of the macro for a second or two.

AoE:

Sequences['NewRBMAoE'] = {
specID = 253,
author = "John",
helpTxt = "New AoE  - Talent: 3212311",
PreMacro = [[
]],
"/cast [nochanneling] A Murder of Crows",
PostMacro = [[
/cast Aspect of the Wild
]],
}

OK: By itself. I am not totally happy with this AoE macro’s DPS. It should be used in conjunction, with “Stampede,” which has very good AoE damage on its own. However due to Stampede’s long cool down, I tend to save it for the Boss fights. As such my DPS on trash mobs, is lower then I would like.

Hey Sir_Ewing,

Many thanks for updated this and posting on here has been very helpful to me as of late, especially since being very new to macro’s.

I do have a question here obviously hence posting lol but I use a Corsair K95 keyboard, and have setup keys to Toggle the single target and AOE target macro’s On or Off, basically the keyboard spams either macro dependent on the type of mob/boss/situation, I was curious that in the Corsair software I can set the speed at which both your macro’s are hit and I have them both set to 20-90ms between key presses, just wondering if this is to fast or to slow or the faster I can set the software up to spam the macro’s the better? Not sure if I found spamming it as fast as possible was bad to the constant spam of Concussive Shot?

Cheers in advance.

Sorry: Any gaming keyboard/mouse, that has any auto shot or play, or delay function, can cause you to run afoul Blizzard ant-Automation rules. Automatic game play is not limited to it performing actions for you so you can go AFK. Blizzard does not allow you to set up Keyboard/mouse macros to do anything that you can’t do with in game macros. Basically one button push one action, and no holding down the button for auto repeats. There can not be any “delays, &/or auto repeats,” in the macro.

While I do use a gaming keyboard with a macro system and extra assignable keys; I do not use any automation functions it might have. I am a regular poster in the WoW Customer Support forum, and I have seen too many players complaining they have had their account suspended or out right banned, for using such Automation functions.

Most of players I have seen there, who got in trouble for the “cheating software,” did so unknowingly though use of these device’s macros systems. Because they saw some so-called “Reviewers” do it in their video, or on the manufacture’s Macro forum, making them believe they are OK to use.

While most manufactures do not officially condones the use of Automatic game play macros, A lot of their “reviewers” do, in the “Reviewer’s” YouTube Videos. They call them “Background Macros.” Again if you can not do it with an in-game macro, you can not do on these devices out of game Macros.

While a manufacture may have licensed a “WoW Edition” of their programmable gaming keyboard, &/or gaming mice, it does not mean that they are designed to be solely used For WoW. If someone shells out over a 100 bucks for one you would want it to be useable for other games as well. Some games(such as Single player games) allow a certain amount of automation, where as Blizzard does not.

While I do know many players who may have gotten by for years, using such Automation functions on their gaming keyboards; The advertising of it, on a public such as this, is not wise.

Many thanks for the reply :slight_smile: Looks like I’ll be going back to spamming keys myself but thanks for letting me know as I wasn’t sure how it was seen by using the software that comes with keyboards :slight_smile:

I wish it wasn’t so myself. I am 65 and have arthritic hands, Spamming keys in raid can get very painful at times.