0's in castsequence

I’m new to the site, so I’m just trying to understand the mechanics of the macros here. I’ve used the one for Survival Hunter, and it works great. What is the purpose of the zeros in the castsequence lines? I also notice that as you go down the macro, the number of zeros decrease.

Hello Rastin, the 0’s or any number permits the use of abilities in a priority manner. Members from the community started to use numbers from 1 to 5 but I found out is just easier to use 0’s because we do not use that slot anymore in the game. The 0 in game uses the range ammo slot and it would not interfere with any other item equipped.

Basically by putting a ladder of 0’s will make the abilities go through a priority queue system. The 0’s when paired with a fast reset of 0.1 until maybe 0.9 max depending your latency it will make it start the priority. Usually you have a maximum amount up to 5 sequences like these before they do not work anymore. I have not checked lately but it used to start from bottom to top, but some members claim after the last patch the abilities start from top to bottom.

Thanks, Luis, for the quick response, and the clear explanation.
As I said in my original post, I used the Survival Hunter macro, and it worked great. I’ll be back for my other toons, and hopefully be able to contribute something down the road.
Again, thanks.

The ability now go Top to Bottom. It was fixed in 5.3, though nowhere in the patch notes.

Also the “0” slot is ok for now, but will end up being changed in the next expansion as Blizzard has stated that they will re-introduce ammo for Hunters. There will be no number on the ammo, but as a buff effect instead. For example, if you have Poison Tip arrows, your Serpent Sting will last longer. If you have Ice Tip arrows your Ice Trap and Freezing Trap will last longer.

Its a good idea to use 0.3 or 0.5. Luis is correct that it’s based upon latency. Also note it is based upon “world” latency not home. So if you hit your server at 50 ms, than 0.5 would be best. If your over 100 ms, than 0.9 is the best.

[quote quote=7221]Hello Rastin, the 0′s or any number permits the use of abilities in a priority manner. Members from the community started to use numbers from 1 to 5 but I found out is just easier to use 0′s because we do not use that slot anymore in the game. The 0 in game uses the range ammo slot and it would not interfere with any other item equipped.

Basically by putting a ladder of 0′s will make the abilities go through a priority queue system. The 0′s when paired with a fast reset of 0.1 until maybe 0.9 max depending your latency it will make it start the priority. Usually you have a maximum amount up to 5 sequences like these before they do not work anymore. I have not checked lately but it used to start from bottom to top, but some members claim after the last patch the abilities start from top to bottom.

[/quote]

Minimum world latency I have is 250 and quite often it’s 350+ - I have tried a 0.9 reset and it made very little difference. There is a setting in the interface settings to change the spell delay based on latency as well which may help but in my case I have found nothing that really helps me.

Leandro’s latency fix never helped either.

[quote quote=7270]Minimum world latency I have is 250 and quite often it’s 350+ – I have tried a 0.9 reset and it made very little difference. There is a setting in the interface settings to change the spell delay based on latency as well which may help but in my case I have found nothing that really helps me.

Leandro’s latency fix never helped either.
[/quote]

try 0.5 up to 0.7
and as i said in my guide it is a keyboard input thing too.
so try looking for drivers too if that helps