4.2 Death Knight - Blood (Tank) Lazy Macro

Hello everyone, I’m back with more lazy macros. This time is for Blood spec DK’s, it consists of a decent rotation to keep the runes in cooldown to gain extra buffs and Festering Strike to extend the time on the diseases.

There are 2 flavors of versions, 1 of them is for DK’s with talent points on Crimson Scourge and 1 for those who does not have this talent.

Version 1 - This one is for Blood spec that has points in Crimson Scourge talent with a modifier for free Blood Boil proc:
Macro might be outdated, please check the forums for up to date macros.

/castsequence [fusion_builder_container hundred_percent="yes" overflow="visible"][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type="1_1" background_position="left top" background_color="" border_size="" border_color="" border_style="solid" spacing="yes" background_image="" background_repeat="no-repeat" padding="" margin_top="0px" margin_bottom="0px" class="" id="" animation_type="" animation_speed="0.3" animation_direction="left" hide_on_mobile="no" center_content="no" min_height="none"][mod]Blood Boil;reset=target/5 Icy Touch,Plague Strike,null
/castsequence Heart Strike,Death Strike,Festering Strike,Rune Strike
/castsequence reset=20 Horn of Winter,Blood Tap,Outbreak,Dancing Rune Weapon
/cast Empower Rune Weapon
/use 13

Macro Explanation:

Version 2 - This one is for Blood spec that does NOT have any points in Crimson Scourge talent with a modifier for dump runic power with Rune Strike:

/castsequence [mod]Rune Strike;reset=target/5 Icy Touch,Plague Strike,null
/castsequence Heart Strike,Death Strike,Festering Strike
/castsequence reset=20 Horn of Winter,Blood Tap,Outbreak,Dancing Rune Weapon
/cast Empower Rune Weapon
/use 13
/use 14

Macro Explanation:

Don’t forget you can remove /use 13 or 14 if do not have “click use” trinkets, can add other number if got other gear enchants (refer to How to’s)

UPDATED July 6, 2011: Reworded the macro so it does not lock up when change targets and want to use a modifier.

UPDATED August 28, 2011: Removed Empower Rune Weapon from the second cast sequence, it was locking up this sequence. Removed lower trinket from the Blood Boil spec to fit Empower Rune Weapon on its own.
[/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]

Do you people have a facebook fan page? I looked for one on twitter but could not discover one, I would really like to become a fan!

Yes we do have one, it’s on the top bar or link here:
Facebook Lazy Macros

Valuable info. Lucky me I found your site by accident, I bookmarked it.

Pretty! This was a really wonderful post. Thank you for your provided information.

Hey luis, here is a macro I found that will aid the Blood DK in healing himself.

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=60 Raise Dead, Death Pact

Uses raise dead to summon the ghoul, then death pact on the pet to heal the tank himself. Works every 60 seconds!

I really like your Lazy Macros, I am trying them out now. How do the multiple /castsequence lines work in one macro? Do you have this explained anywhere? The macro explainer doesn’t really say.

Hello Scott, the ones that end up in null most of the time means they cast once per target. Other castsequences after the first one are casted in between abilities. Hope I explained it correctly.

Neither macro works for me. It skips over everything on line 2, and doesn’t reset. My macro icon cycles through the spells until it hits .null, and then it’s stuck with the question mark. Get the same result when I load the mod from the Macrobank plug-in too. I don’t have any add-ons that should be affecting my macros. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello Deathmint, I assume your character is 85 and all spells have been trained. The question mark icon is due to the way the macro has been written, but it should be doing all the spells. A good way to find out is to get a damage meter and a cool-down addOn to keep track of the abilities. In the damage meter log you can see all the abilities or spells that have been fired and can compare or identify if it is working or not.
I use it everyday on my Death Knight and been leveling a new one with small modifications to it due to the level and they work fine. Let us know if you figured it out.

I’m getting the same problem as deathmint, it just lock up at the null and from there on it completely ignores the second lines, so no dancing weapon no blood tap, no outbreak it does none of those
yes my char is 85, i copied the macro directly from the explanation page, but it just won’t work

which is weird because the frost one does, and that one is awesome for me, why can’t this one work then…

Hello Eruchiyuku, I just deleted all my DK macros and imported the tank macros with the addOn plugin just to verify. After testing at the dummy they work fine, it went through all the rotations perfect. Make sure you got 60 runic power for the Dancing Rune Weapon. I just usually leave it on the bar just to keep track when is up or not.
If you are copying the macro from the site, don’t highlight it. There are a few buttons at the upper right corner of each macro box when you mouse over them, hit the second one to copy the macro.
Hope you get it fixed.

Hi again Eruchiyuku, I found what was locking up the second castsequence. It was Empower Rune Weapon, I updated it and now it should work better.

The horn of winter doesn’t work. :frowning:

Hello Wilsurn, I just tested this macro and it is working fine. Due to the way it has been written, the third cast sequence has the last priority. The spells in the third sequence will be fired off in between the other 2 castsequences, meaning it might take a few seconds til it gets fired.
Try to spam the macro and check your buffs, it should be there.

Just as a reminder, this macro was made for the english game client. If you use a different language client all the spells has to be translated into your game client language.

Does this work well for aoe pulls or just single targets?

Hello Dgwalker, It works fine to me in both situations when I use it. For obvious reasons, you have to put Death and Decay down manually in aoe pulls. Just try to don’t change targets like crazy every second or eventually will lock up due to Runes being in cooldown.

I tanked a couple of months ago all the cataclysm raids with the version 2 macro and had no trouble at all in aggro or aoe fights.