4.2 Death Knight - Frost Lazy Macro

Hello guys, back again with a macro right out of the oven. This lazy macro was tested on my DK with 323 item lvl gear and was pulling about 12k on the dummies. It consists of a simple rotation and a modifier that has to be used at any time you want to burn runic power (Frost Strike) or whenever the macro abilities are in cooldown. Have fun!

Macro might be outdated, please check the forums for up to date macros.

/castsequence [fusion_builder_container hundred_percent="yes" overflow="visible"][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type="1_1" background_position="left top" background_color="" border_size="" border_color="" border_style="solid" spacing="yes" background_image="" background_repeat="no-repeat" padding="" margin_top="0px" margin_bottom="0px" class="" id="" animation_type="" animation_speed="0.3" animation_direction="left" hide_on_mobile="no" center_content="no" min_height="none"][mod]Frost Strike;reset=10 Howling Blast,Plague Strike,Obliterate
/castsequence reset=60 Horn of Winter,Pillar of Frost,Blood Tap,Outbreak,Horn of Winter,Horn of Winter
/cast Empower Rune Weapon
/use 13
/use 14
/startattack

Macro Explanation:

UPDATED July 10, 2011: Added Empower Rune Weapon on its own line, it was locking up the sequence (Thanks Ashley for the finding).
[/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]

thanks for this great post wow… it’s very wonderful

You’re going to want to remove Hungering Cold from this. Next patch I believe it has a 1.5 second cast time, and it shouldn’t really be in there in the first place. That’s something you should use outside of a spammable macro.

Other than that, I do like this macro. Been doing about 12k overall in Heroics with iLvl 330 gear. Good stuff.

Thanks for the reminder, I believe I read about it. I will try to work on all the lazy macros as soon the server comes up.

First off thanks for the great macros, I never thought to use multiple castsequences in mine. Secondly I have a question/observation, can you use Frost Strike seperately? Issue I am see is I have Frost Strike seperate so I can just hit it while im waiting on rune cooldowns; however, I noticed this stops the 2nd castsequence from working.

Hello Ashley, sure you can use it separately, is only activated by a modifier anyway (Alt, Ctrl, Shift). And yes the main reason I put it as a modifier is to use it when waiting on the rune cooldowns.
About the stopping of the 2nd castsequence, that should not happen. In theory, the castsequence it would stop if you hold the modifier for 20 seconds, that means a ton of runic power you had to dump Lol. I will try to reproduce this error as soon as I can, thanks for the feedback.

I was working on this in the mean time and I found this that seems to work for me (haven’t tested if Rune Strike will work but I have it separate also in-case.
Also I added Lifeblood cause I’m an Alchy

/castsequence reset=10 Howling Blast,Plague Strike,Obliterate
/castsequence reset=60 Horn of Winter,Pillar of Frost,Blood Tap,Outbreak
/castsequence reset=300 Empower Rune Weapon
/cast Lifeblood
/use 13
/use 14
/cast Rune Strike
/startattack

Hello Ashley, thanks to you I found out the problem it was the Empower Rune Weapon with its big cooldown, I must of missed that or maybe they changed it on the patch and I missed it. Now the Frost Strike modifier should work fine, it was never locking it up. I do too would like to see if Rune Strike would work, just try the updated one and remove a trinket to see if rune strike works. Also the reset=300 is unnecessary since is only one spell. I will appreciate if you let me know if rune strike works since I couldn’t reproduce it on the dummy, for some reason it does not come up when it dodges.

Also added horn of winter a couple of times because it would be wasted waiting 40 seconds til it goes off again. I will wait to post an update til we find out if Rune Strike works.

Well Ashley, I think were not able to put the Rune Strike because of few reasons. One of them is because if put at last then we would have to wait 2 castsequences finish before it will use it. Can’t put it in between because it would lock up the 2nd castsequence because have to wait til it fires the spell in order to go with the 2nd castsequence and is only randomly when you get dodge or parry. And reading elitist jerks forum is not even on the rotation, I think is good because it wont miss the attack but maybe frost strike scales better with lots of mastery. Will post an update and the addon too, thanks again.

Thanks, I’m just stoked I could help out :slight_smile:

Can you make this exact same macro except also include icy veins at the beginning? I tried to do it my self but I failed.

sorry never mind I just realized I can glyph it my bad I apologize

I like your macro a lot! It has helped a bit! However, if I may add one thing to it. Your macro has 2 Horn of Winter in it. I replaced one of them with Necrotic Strike due to the new effects. I think it was updated in the last patch. I think…

Necrotic Strike: A vicious strike that deals 100% weapon damage and absorbs the next (0.70 * AP) healing received by the target. For 10 sec, or until the full amount of healing is absorbed, the target’s casting time is increased by 30%.

Provides Buff: The next 1 healing received will be absorbed.
Casting time increased by 30%.

Now, in BG’s you do hit healers a bit… In Arenas, this is UBER! That is just my 2 cents… Thank you again for the macro! Please do not take my comment as anything less than informative! I look forward to more of your input another time! =D

Hello Rabidwaffle, I appreciate the idea and it sounds nice to have but after I did arena today this is what I think. If you replace a horn of winter for necrotic strike it will have a big gap before is fired again and I seemed to be using it more often than that way it would be. If it is put outside the sequence, will have a chance to waste all the runes on it. If necrotic is inside the sequence, it might work but it will compete with the other spells on who gets the unholy rune first.
I will do some testing tomorow with the spell inside the sequence to check the behavior of the runes. It won’t go to waste if is used at a proper timing =)

Hi Luis
Nice site, but I do not understand why you have Horn of Winter 3 times in your cast sequence. The actual buff is 3 mins (4 if you have the glyph) so don’t see why you need it 3 times in your cast sequence.

Hello Edwar368, I included Horn of Winter 3 times because it gives you extra runic power every 20 seconds and it fills the blanks until the other spells in the sequence become available. I’m glad you like the site :slight_smile:

Dear Luis.

I’ve even used the wowmacrobank. But still on dummies the 2nd line of your cast sequence doesn’t work. what am I doing wrong? I copied and paste. Char is 85. Frost DK. (Dorfvader Frostmourne) I can figure out why it doesn’t work.

Hi Wilsurn, make sure you have trained all the spells. I was thinking it could of been Pillar of Frost, but I saw your armory and it is in your talents.
Other thing I could think of is that your client is in other language but then the first sequence wouldn’t work. If it is in other language other than english, make sure the abilities are in the language of the client.

I know it works because I use it all the time, my DK is the most I have been using lately, plus you can see it in action on the “wowlazymacros how to” video.

Thanks Luis for helping but I really have no Idea why the 2nd line still can’t work on my comp… Drives me insane heh. I’m gonna give up trying. Even tried uninstalling the game just to get his macro to work.

Thanks anyway!