4.2 Rogue - Combat Lazy Macro

Okay, after many attempts to create a macro for the rogue, I think I finally got it! It took so long due to the short amount of characters available in the macro box and talents from rogues. I was able to put all cooldowns for damage and only 1 avoidance. Also any modifier key would activate the area of effect (Fan of Knives). Other than that is just another no brainer spammable macro, hope you guys enjoy it.

Macro might be outdated, please check the forums for up to date macros.

/castsequence [fusion_builder_container hundred_percent="yes" overflow="visible"][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type="1_1" background_position="left top" background_color="" border_size="" border_color="" border_style="solid" spacing="yes" background_image="" background_repeat="no-repeat" padding="" margin_top="0px" margin_bottom="0px" class="" id="" animation_type="" animation_speed="0.3" animation_direction="left" hide_on_mobile="no" center_content="no" min_height="none"][mod]Fan of Knives;reset=target Sinister Strike,Slice and Dice,Sinister Strike,Sinister Strike,Sinister Strike,Revealing Strike,Rupture
/castsequence reset=30 Killing Spree,Adrenaline Rush
/cast Smoke Bomb
/startattack

Macro Explanation:

Don’t forget to have Blade Flurry on and also poisons on your weapons!

UPDATED September 30, 2011: Removed the Redirect spell that was not working and the rotation resets on target to prevent any lock ups.[/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]

Hello there! This post could not be written any better! Reading through this post reminds me of my old room mate! He always kept chatting about this. I will forward this write-up to him. Fairly certain he will have a good read. Thanks for sharing!

Dude could you check for me if a macro like this could work?

/castsequence reset=10 Sinister Strike,Slice and Dice,Sinister Strike,Sinister Strike,Sinister Strike,Revealing Strike,Rupture,Sinister Strike,Sinister Strike,Revealing Strike,Eviscerate
/castsequence reset=30 Killing Spree,Adrenaline Rush
/autoattack

If it does work… what would the cast sequence be if I was wrong in the cast sequence?

If it doesn’t work, anything you could suggest to fix what I have?

I’m trying to go with a 3 finisher rotation that has a Feral Druid in the raiding group, so I can keep up Rupture while doing Eviscerate at the same time in between keeping up Slice and Dice and Rupture.
(I’m not too great with CS macro’s so if I messed up on the # for CS don’t be too surprised >.<)

Hello Rogue #2, it sounds like it should work. The only thing that would have to change is from “/autoattack” to “/startattack”, the reason for this is because it will try to toggle in and out of combat with autoattack if it is spammed. Also the bigger the number in the first reset castsequence, the more time it has to wait to reset if the macro has not been pushed.

The only problem that you could encounter is by getting stuck in a rotation when changing targets. If it happens to change targets whenever a finishing move is coming and the other target is dead you can not use Redirect to pass the combo points to the new target, the macro will get stuck trying to cast the finishing move. The probabilities chance of this happening are 3 out of 11, so if it happens it would be very rare.

Only pulling about 16k on the dummy.

Here’s my Armory: Link

Could you suggest a better macro at all? I don’t know why I just feel like i’m not pushing the numbers that I should with this macro…

Hi Rogue #2 again, let’s do a test. How much dps can you do without the macro at the same dummy with the same environment? If it is more than what the macro provides, then it means the lazy macro is not as optimal than playing manually for this spec.
Also testing at the dummy is not the same as playing with group buffs or raid buffs. Try a dungeon and check if there’s a difference.
Ask friends or someone in your side with equivalent gear of how much DPS they do at the dummy and hopefully they dont lie of the amount so you can compare the difference.

Let us know what your testing results are.