4.2 Rogue - Subtlety Lazy Macro

I promised to give you a rogue macro and after many hours of changing many lines over and over, I finally have come up with this PvP/PvE lazy macro for you.
There are 2 flavors, one of them is for spammable without being behind the target and the other one is for behind the target D’oh!

Version 1 - This one is for brainless smashing button from any position around the target with a modifier for Ambush when Shadow Dance is up:

Macro might be outdated, please check the forums for up to date macros.

/castsequence [fusion_builder_container hundred_percent="yes" overflow="visible"][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type="1_1" background_position="left top" background_color="" border_size="" border_color="" border_style="solid" spacing="yes" background_image="" background_repeat="no-repeat" padding="" margin_top="0px" margin_bottom="0px" class="" id="" animation_type="" animation_speed="0.3" animation_direction="left" hide_on_mobile="no" center_content="no" min_height="none"][mod]Ambush;reset=target Hemorrhage,Slice and Dice,Hemorrhage,Hemorrhage,Rupture,Hemorrhage,Hemorrhage,Recuperate
/castsequence reset=60 Shadow Dance,Shadowstep,Premeditation
/cast Smoke Bomb
/startattack

Macro Explanation:

Version 2 - This one also uses Ambush when Shadow Dance is up, but is only usable when behind the target because of the Backstab rotation, also hold any modifier key for Redirect:

/castsequence [stance:3]Ambush;[mod]Redirect;reset=target Hemorrhage,Backstab,Slice and Dice,Backstab,Backstab,Rupture,Backstab,Eviscerate
/cast Smoke Bomb
/startattack

Macro Explanation:

*These macros can be easily transformed into PvE or PvP by simply edit/changing these words: Recuperate to Eviscerate or viceversa

UPDATED September 30, 2011: Removed the Redirect spell, it was not working in version 1. Version 2 still has Redirect but as a modifier. The rotation resets on target to prevent any lock ups.[/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]

Very good blog post. If there were more authors like you I’d have more blogs to go to when I do go online. LOL.

Thank you for sharing.

I do not know how anyone can read this and not think “genius alert”. Great post. I’ll keep coming back to read even more.

What I don’t get is the second line:

it activates my shadow dance when it’s up, but it never touches shadowstep or premeditation. What am I missing?

Hello BW, I just logged my level 80 rogue to try the macro and see if there is any errors. The lazy macro was smooth and it fired all the abilities on the sequence of that line that you mentioned, I tested it for a few minutes spamming and it works every minute.
I don’t know if there is something interfering like an add-on, I assume you are lvl 85 cause I don’t know at what level the young ones get Shadow Dance.

I you are low level make sure you have the abilities of the lazy macro on your spell-book, otherwise would have to edit the macro to fit it to your level.

It seems to do everything except the premeditation.

Make sure you got that talent in the Subtlety tree, otherwise just remove it from the macro if do not want to spent the point on that ability.

I’ve definitely got that talent on my bar. I can trigger it manually. There just doesn’t seem to be a situation in combat where it triggers itself. I haven’t had the good fortune to do any pvp since I started using it. Is that where it triggers?

All my tests were on a dummy inside the city and they worked fine, I will see if it works in other scenario. Remember you only have 6 seconds to pop Premeditation while Shadow Dance is up.

Mine happens almost instantly after shadow dance cause I spam the key.

Nope, on the macro i target the dummy, hit the macro, i shadowstep behind it and ambush it, shadowdance activates and i hold down shift to get two more ambushes off before it runs out and when it’s done, premed hasn’t popped at all. what is it in the rotation that supposed to trigger the premed? I mean, how would it know when to trigger and when not to?

Hi BW, go again on the dummy without trying to do ambush with the modifier and just spam the key and report back if it used premeditation at all.

cant premed unless stealthed. so its needs to be done before the first attack or put vanish in there somewhere with premed after it.

I just test it and it works, what it happens is that when Shadow Dance is up, you can hit premed. Try it =) Also it seems like I can add some stealth and other stuff, maybe needs a revamp soon.

The macro seems fine but all it does for me is typing the whole macro in my chat?!? Not actally doing much! It does put off a hemorrage sometimes… and then “this skill require combo points” Im lvl 42… so I removed skills that I dont have at that lvl (smoke bomb, shadow dance etc) But its just typing a lot of stuff :o Please help out

Hello Mizzey, I will try to check and see what you have to modify as soon as I can since the macro is made for level 85’s at this moment. Sorry for the delay on the reply but I was traveling.