4.2 Warrior - Protection (Tank) Lazy Macro

This tank macro is pretty good if your spec right, like getting cleave talents and such. I have used it since before cataclysm, there has been several revisions because of patches but still works fine, not perfect, but hey is a "lazy macro."Just spam it just like the other ones.

Macro might be outdated, please check the forums for up to date macros.

/castsequence reset=target/alt Rend,Thunder Clap,null
/castsequence Devastate,Cleave
/castsequence reset=9 Shield Slam,Shockwave,Shield Slam
/castsequence Revenge
/cast Berserker Rage
/cast Shield Block
/cast Charge
/startattack

Macro Explanation:

This one will start with rend on the target and eventually thunder clap as it fits in between it goes thru all the other abilities, for simple refresh on rend and thunder clap just target other mob or simply do the modifier “Alt” key once while hitting the macro.
Warning it will charge whatever is in line of sight, use to your discretion, works fine for me cause I been used to stop spamming after mobs are death or close to, otherwise if other mob is in range you will be charging it like crazy.

UPDATED July 6, 2011: Reworded the macro to work with the 4.2 patch.
UPDATED October 1, 2011: Removed Commanding Shout to make Revenge work, Revenge can be casted more times per minute than the shout.

The article was still worth reading. go for it!

I can’t get this one to work. I’ve tried others here and they work fine.

This one seems to give me a ‘?’ icon on it and gets stuck on casting devastate. If I remove Revenge from the macro it still sticks with the ‘?’ icon, but it doesn’t ever cast Shock Wave or commanding shout, i just cycles through the other spells. I don’t think I am doing anything wrong since i copy it exactly as listed above.

Any suggestions? Btw I love the macros posted here. So simple to use and effective when farming reg 5 mans for points :slight_smile:

Thanks for letting us know, I will check into it ASAP.

If I get it right
Commanding Shout and Revenge both trigger gcd as well as all shield slam and Shockwave in the sequence before them so neither will ever be casted

Hi Meatshield, I believe it was working fine even though the GCD. The one that might not fire off as often would be Revenge, but no worries I will try to make sure everything works when I test it again soon and will post back the results.

I like the wow.